Sales Floor Let's meet in the Middle; an Electronics/Tech thread

Well I did get the native union iPhone cables on the truck today that came up not found but didn’t bother requesting those yet. Also got a Blu unlocked phone, and a Red pocket sim that also weren’t in the system.

We have a j5create cable that’s been sitting for months and still hasn’t been added to the system. It’s really annoying.
We got the Red Pocket ones too. Me thinks FreedomPop changed their name and didn't tell Target. Sad Target is selling BLU again, they were banned from Amazon for selling your data.

IMG_20200317_083459.jpg

please all i want is for these fucks to do something right....just once

edit: me, looking over 2 sections ,

please......
IMG_20200317_085043.jpg

Last edited:
We got the Red Pocket ones too. Me thinks FreedomPop changed their name and didn't tell Target. Sad Target is selling BLU again, they were banned from Amazon for selling your data.

I found the correct dpci for the red pocket sim it’s just the upc on the package isn’t tied to it. But yeah red pocket recently did buy up freedompop.

Well I did get the native union iPhone cables on the truck today that came up not found but didn’t bother requesting those yet. Also got a Blu unlocked phone, and a Red pocket sim that also weren’t in the system.

We have a j5create cable that’s been sitting for months and still hasn’t been added to the system. It’s really annoying.
Yeah, mine was the Zebra Native Union one. Only one that had the issue, though.

I really would like to now how much native union pays to stay in Target stores. Using those pegs for more Anker cables would be more profitable.

I really would like to now how much native union pays to stay in Target stores. Using those pegs for more Anker cables would be more profitable.
Based on looking at the markups the companies charge, I'd suspect it's more worth Spot's money to keep Native Union on the shelf if they sell at anywhere near the same rate.

For example, retailer cost on the 4' Native Union cables (price Spot pays) is around $12 compared to the $25 POS price.
By comparison, the Anker 6' Red USB C cable costs the retailer around $10 to buy, and they only sell for around $15 at POS

And yes, I'm aware some of Anker's cables are sold at a higher markup, but my point is that Native Union's products have a similar markup across the board, where Anker's don't. So I'd argue that it's at minimum good to keep both brands on the shelf even if neither brand pays Spot a significant amount for the shelf space.

Last edited:
I dig the new compact hayday packaging. Still wish they’d use different colors and not that terrible plastic package but the new size is nice.

I dig the new compact hayday packaging. Still wish they’d use different colors and not that terrible plastic package but the new size is nice.
The size is good, but I liked the older heavy duty ones that all people have to do is peel the sticker off to open it. The new ones people rip to shreds. Yeah it was easier for people to open but then it was easier for me to secure again with an alarm sticker.

Isn't there a law about deliberate damage to something that doesn't belong to you....like vandalism?

Doom Eternal is being released a day early,. apparently. At the very least, Gamestop is doing it. That might be a small headache.

Gamestop told everyone with a preorder of Animal Crossing they can come in at any time to pick it up starting today.

wow those buds look disgustingly uncomfortable

like i wish heyday wasn't some of the worst quality product i've ever seen because they get me with the colors

but every heyday product ive ever bought has been terrible

Our backroom looks awful and is full of unbackstocked stuff, 1 for 1s can't be done due to trucks taking up my entire shift with today's truck being full of upcoming revision items we can't get to backstocking due to space or time or no location, we're short one person right now, revisions can't be done, and had a scammer with $1k+ of gift cards go through a purchase as my AP and SD weren't in and the Team Leads on told me I had to go forward with the transaction. I'm losing it.

Ye
Our backroom looks awful and is full of unbackstocked stuff, 1 for 1s can't be done due to trucks taking up my entire shift with today's truck being full of upcoming revision items we can't get to backstocking due to space or time or no location, we're short one person right now, revisions can't be done, and had a scammer with $1k+ of gift cards go through a purchase as my AP and SD weren't in and the Team Leads on told me I had to go forward with the transaction. I'm losing it.

Keep nagging your leaders for a game plan. See if you can get some help on the zone while the closer finishes up the trucks and or backstock. These are metrics your leader should be worried about and would want to get fixed.

you guys usually say no to the gift card scammers? god i wish that were me

ap says since gift cards are a legit payment there's no way we can reject them the way we can reject ids for being fake or stolen cards

the only thing we can do is limit them any way we can. so we let them have ONE ipad, ONE apple watch, ONE airpods, etc not one of each dpci just one per "category" and since they pay with the app, we actually write down their email on a little board we have and since for the day it's usually one person passing around an account we reject them saying we told them no more

also we don't price match for them, that tends to stop them a lot too

Ye

Keep nagging your leaders for a game plan. See if you can get some help on the zone while the closer finishes up the trucks and or backstock. These are metrics your leader should be worried about and would want to get fixed.
We only have one person on average scheduled unless its the day or 2 for ENT revisions given to another Electronics TM. We're extremely short staffed. We get the zoning and auditing done, so that's not the issue. The back room is just gonna look especially bad for a day or two given todays truck was full of the new Heyday, Just Wireless, etc items for the upcoming major revision.

you guys usually say no to the gift card scammers? god i wish that were me

ap says since gift cards are a legit payment there's no way we can reject them the way we can reject ids for being fake or stolen cards

the only thing we can do is limit them any way we can. so we let them have ONE ipad, ONE apple watch, ONE airpods, etc not one of each dpci just one per "category" and since they pay with the app, we actually write down their email on a little board we have and since for the day it's usually one person passing around an account we reject them saying we told them no more

also we don't price match for them, that tends to stop them a lot too
They also often have a TM discount applied to the wallet which you can ask to see the physical card I’m pretty sure.

They also often have a TM discount applied to the wallet which you can ask to see the physical card I’m pretty sure.
Yep, happened the first time around. Second time I scanned after talking to the Team Leads about it, it didn't ring up. It also didn't show up on the Wallet.

Back