Sales Floor Let's meet in the Middle; an Electronics/Tech thread

If it's back stock you are kind of free with what to do with it. I might have some backstocked in the Blackstone gift card fixtures, I'll never find out though. :)

sooooo what do you all do with prepaid cards?

like for phones and video games

View attachment 10069

cos i rly feel like this aint it
All the download cards go in the video game aisles in their respective section. Prepaid cards go on the fixtures of the carrier, if it's some like Boost which we don't sell phones for, they go in the gift card wall in check lanes, or the numerous airtime side caps that you SHOULD have.

we have a giant ass repack also full of cards how do u stock the floor w so many

should i just throw them out at this point

we only take what we can’t fit if it be on a peg or such and the rest go to the other giftcard areas since that’s what the vendor would like it to be done. If they are old as in designs or things that aren’t made/sold we were directed to toss them

Definitely keep the PlayStation, fortnite, roblox and steam cards. Nintendo as well since physical copies are selling out.

We actually have way to many of the Steam/Roblox giftcards 1 night 1 of our closers actually counted them and we had 1000 of each amount of each definitely more then what we need when steam doesn’t sell as good at my store to roblox in their location can only fit 25 each

All the download cards go in the video game aisles in their respective section. Prepaid cards go on the fixtures of the carrier, if it's some like Boost which we don't sell phones for, they go in the gift card wall in check lanes, or the numerous airtime side caps that you SHOULD have.
and if those airtime sidecaps don't exist, I'm sure there's an extra fixture laying around in the fixture room you could snag and build your own.

yeah there's only one (1) airtime sidecap i am aware of in the store

im probably gonna be looking into getting sidecaps and shoving pegs anywhere they fit (within reason) for the extra video game stuff we have just to yeet what i can out the back

the new etl ss wants to get a board we can hang all the cards in the back and i mean sure i guess but idk how thatll work in practice cos we used to have one and ppl jus kept bumping into it

Delorean is a code name for a new Tech Layout looks very cool. Just not sure if there be room or side caps called for that layout let alone if there be any endcaps that aren’t permanent for the occasional sales planners

Delorean is a code name for a new Tech Layout looks very cool. Just not sure if there be room or side caps called for that layout let alone if there be any endcaps that aren’t permanent for the occasional sales planners

Never heard of it, but I am guessing the gondolas are going to be a lot shorter, like best buy? The whole idea of best buys short shelves are that they can catch people stealing.

Few weeks till Kate Spade x Target collection

Saw this in the Set Workload. Gurl THIRTY DOLLARS for an airpod case..

Never heard of it, but I am guessing the gondolas are going to be a lot shorter, like best buy? The whole idea of best buys short shelves are that they can catch people stealing.

From what I hear related to best buy, they also help the associates see people in the department they haven't guest serviced.

And $30 isn't entirely unheard of, it's the same price that a lot of the name brand airpod cases already go for.

the new etl ss wants to get a board we can hang all the cards in the back and i mean sure i guess but idk how thatll work in practice cos we used to have one and ppl jus kept bumping into it
my first store did this in the back, but it only worked because they recessed the board so it was flush with the back of the wacos in the other locations. If the ETL is on board doing it right, it's not a horrible idea.

my first store did this in the back, but it only worked because they recessed the board so it was flush with the back of the wacos in the other locations. If the ETL is on board doing it right, it's not a horrible idea.
I was going to reply but this lame system goes into lock down at 4 am. Both of the stores I have been to did this long ago. It isn't worth the loss of Waco space. If you have absurd numbers if a card then Chuck it. Otherwise the card space given in the cubby holes of your current gift card fixtures should be more than enough.

Well, I found out why our book section is partially filled up. Some stuff was never backstocked, including Halloween books from Readerlink. I got started on that today, so Logistics should be able to clean those out. Also found some NOF books. This is honestly the best time to do some "Spring Cleaning" and get the back organized way better than what it was when I started.

And we get video boards that replace the Tv Wall & a very nice video game section

Don’t forget the $67 Apple Watch bands

Video boards that replace the tv wall? Wut?
This is very interesting. But when you think about it, the TV wall doesn't really do much except create a lot of electronic waste every time it resets, or the TV's become blue after being on for 16-24 hours a day. Guests really only care about the price and then sometimes the brand name. Only Westinghouse TV's showcase their terrible brightness which only makes people NOT buy them. But as for any normal TV you will literally not notice the small difference in color. And besides, when you're at home you wont have 20 different TV's to compare to. The current TV wall system is also probably does not support 4K content, which there is only 4 TV's that should be on display that are not 4K. So displaying the 1080p Channel Red does not showcase them in their best quality. (If you haven't took a look, basically there's one main box that's connected to the internet, and splits into multiple HDMI's, and then into another splitter... into another splitter... into another splitter... until it reaches the end.)
All of this kinda makes sense why they would get rid of it.

Back