Sales Floor Let's meet in the Middle; an Electronics/Tech thread

Yeah, I have to keep telling people that look at how a demo picture looks and another with the Target ads is not indicative of the actual quality. All TVs require setup for best visual quality depending on what you're watching. I do push for LG, but thats only because they are the best TVs when looking at everything together, but Samsung and Vizio is better at other factors.

Also, I still can't believe digital sale signage is not even a thing for bigger items. Technology should have advanced far enough and it would make much less waste in paper and cardboard. Yes, it would also take less time to setup sale signage which would be great, but I hate that I have to put like 15+ signs for the TVs that will be replaced with basically the same sale price except for a few with the only difference being the date they last.

I do push for LG, but thats only because they are the best TVs when looking at everything together, but Samsung and Vizio is better at other factors.

I don't like LG's assistant connection. Why do I got to "ask Google to ask LG to play Youtube" The new Vizio TV's are pretty good with their Chromecast and even AirPlay built in.

Anyone notice Disney movies don’t have a fill group all of a sudden? Noticed today when there were holes that weren’t getting pulled from the back. Not sure if it’s just my store or all.

Anyone notice Disney movies don’t have a fill group all of a sudden? Noticed today when there were holes that weren’t getting pulled from the back. Not sure if it’s just my store or all.
Just Disney movies? I can imagine them removing fill groups for all movies (as there SHOULD be no need to fill them, as SBT is SUPPOSED to do that) and forgetting that we still own Disney.

Just Disney movies? I can imagine them removing fill groups for all movies (as there SHOULD be no need to fill them, as SBT is SUPPOSED to do that) and forgetting that we still own Disney.
Yeah we scanned a bunch and all Disney (or brands Disney owns such as Star Wars) had no fill group. All others were under MMM2 as usual. I didn’t know it was even possible for an item to not have a fill group.

so new question abt junk in the backroom

anyone else have an insane amount of dr suess books?

we literally have hundreds, one in particular has 254 in the back

the boxes of em are bleeding into the electronics side of the stockroom and im dying squirtle

i want to get rid of them all :c

With all the kids stuck at home right now, I'd build a freakin' display & push those puppies out!!
Maybe offer 20% off with purchase of three or more ;)

so new question abt junk in the backroom

anyone else have an insane amount of dr suess books?

we literally have hundreds, one in particular has 254 in the back

the boxes of em are bleeding into the electronics side of the stockroom and im dying squirtle

i want to get rid of them all :c

Kaitii says she does not like
Green eggs and ham.

That she does not like them
Here or there

The she does not like them
Anywhere.

She does not like
Green eggs and ham.
She does not like them,
Sam-I-am

Would she like them
piled up in the back?
Would you like them
in a stack?

I do not like them
Piled up in the back.
I do not like them
in a stack.
I do not like them
Here or there.
I do not like them
Anywhere.
I do not like green eggs and ham.
I do not like them, Sam-I-am.

Would you like them
In a box?
Would you like them
With some socks?

Not in a box.
Not with some socks
Not in the back
Not in a stack
I do not want them here or there.
I do not want them anywhere.
I do not want green eggs and ham.

Would you? Could you?
In your car?
Here they are.

I woould not,
Could not,
In my car!

You may like them.
You will see.
You may like them
In a tree?

I would not, could not in a tree.
Not in my car! You let me be.
I do not like them in the back
I do not like them in a stack
I do not like them in a box
I do mot like them with some socks
I do not like them here or there.
I do not like them anywhere.
I do not like green eggs and ham.

A train! A train!
A train! A train!
Could you, would you
On a train?

Not on a train! Not in a tree!
Not in a car! Sam! Let me be!
I would not, could not, in the back
I could not, would not, with a stack.
I will not like them in a box
I will not like them with some socks
I will not want them here or there.
I will not want them anywhere.

And if you come one step closer Sam-I-am I'll sick my lizard on you.

can you tell I've been stuck at home for too long?

Last edited:
So, today was "fun". Came in for the Closing shift, at least expecting books to not be finished, and turns out the opener called out (For a good reason most likely. I know them and they wouldn't call out for a easy day off). Not only that, unlike literally every other day I worked this week, it was busy in my department for a good 2 or 3 hours. So, at the very least I got the cage, TVs, and main flat done and all thats left is finishing the small amount of book boxes left, backstocking books that have enough on the floor or Mother's Day revisioned books, and pushing out what little I still need to do. Thankfully, apparently tomorrow's truck is very small.

This is very interesting. But when you think about it, the TV wall doesn't really do much except create a lot of electronic waste every time it resets, or the TV's become blue after being on for 16-24 hours a day. Guests really only care about the price and then sometimes the brand name.

Imma stop you right there, because that is %110 premium grade bullshit. Panel quality varies hugely between the big TV's and small TV's, the cheap elements and the expensive Samsung's. And unless you get lucky and the model you want was reviewed by RTINGS your only way to tell if a tv is a dud is seeing it in person. We need more 4k streams, and I do make my own USB sticks for some of the TV's, but it is still very use full.

Imma stop you right there, because that is %110 premium grade bullshit. Panel quality varies hugely between the big TV's and small TV's, the cheap elements and the expensive Samsung's. And unless you get lucky and the model you want was reviewed by RTINGS your only way to tell if a tv is a dud is seeing it in person. We need more 4k streams, and I do make my own USB sticks for some of the TV's, but it is still very use full.
Save for the OLEDs that only some stores sell (and even fewer display), there really aren't many TVs sold in-store that make huge differentiations from the base 4K model from each manufacturer. I'm honestly quite disappointed, because there are so many better options out there that fall in the price range an average Spot guest would be looking at.

Speaking of the 4K streams though, I had to fight tooth and nail against our BDS rep to keep some of the TVs running 4K content (models that had 4K demos built-in) instead of plugging them to the HDMI like their guide said.

Save for the OLEDs that only some stores sell (and even fewer display), there really aren't many TVs sold in-store that make huge differentiations from the base 4K model from each manufacturer. I'm honestly quite disappointed, because there are so many better options out there that fall in the price range an average Spot guest would be looking at.

Speaking of the 4K streams though, I had to fight tooth and nail against our BDS rep to keep some of the TVs running 4K content (models that had 4K demos built-in) instead of plugging them to the HDMI like their guide said.
Our BDS wants the TVs on the embedded content. Not all the TVs come with embedded content though. One of our smaller TCL TV's have embedded content but none of the other ones. Very inconsistent. No Samsungs come with it either (except the 3 tv display) very weird.

Save for the OLEDs that only some stores sell (and even fewer display), there really aren't many TVs sold in-store that make huge differentiations from the base 4K model from each manufacturer.

In the end, you can't take the decision away from the guest. So few do any research that unless they can at least see it with their own eyes they will be unsure through the entire purchase experience.

In the end, you can't take the decision away from the guest. So few do any research that unless they can at least see it with their own eyes they will be unsure through the entire purchase experience.
that's absolutely true, which is why I wish Spot carried more selection at the price points we already sell, given that the models of TV we sell offer what might be the least possible variety.

While that is true, our Samsungs look like crap compared to even the Elements due to the brightness and color being so dim.

While that is true, our Samsungs look like crap compared to even the Elements due to the brightness and color being so dim.

I run samsungs own demos (from the interwebs) on them, nothing with HDR since they don't actually have panels that would improve with HDR, and they tend to be the more impressive display out of the bunch. Elements panels were surprisingly good for their bottom of the barrel price, but colors were definitely muted. The samsung panels were by default, warmer and more vibrant which is what samsung likes, it is usually more appealing even though not technically color accurate.

I run samsungs own demos (from the interwebs) on them, nothing with HDR since they don't actually have panels that would improve with HDR, and they tend to be the more impressive display out of the bunch. Elements panels were surprisingly good for their bottom of the barrel price, but colors were definitely muted. The samsung panels were by default, warmer and more vibrant which is what samsung likes, it is usually more appealing even though not technically color accurate.
How do you get samsung to display their demo loops. From what I see they have none?

Back