Sales Floor Let's meet in the Middle; an Electronics/Tech thread

The ETL team & SD stopped giving me flack and excuses when I could back things up with reports via Greenfield and speak to every little thing
When this whole situation happened it was pretty annoying because rather than my ETL backing us up and showing our performance she just told us to look busy.

Actually I forgot something in my original quote aswell. When they said it doesn't look like we're productive I said "so you want us to just look busy?"

When this whole situation happened it was pretty annoying because rather than my ETL backing us up and showing our performance she just told us to look busy.

Actually I forgot something in my original quote aswell. When they said it doesn't look like we're productive I said "so you want us to just look busy?"
We are the only area in the store that’s consistently caught up on all work and truck daily. For just a team of 3 we do very good we have only had less then 2 days in the red sales wise In the past year. Our stockroom is so organized and cleared out there’s been days. We would sell through good portions of the stockroom. There’s been days we would sell through everything of what we got on that same days truck(s). We haven’t figured out how we got lucky on that.

I wish they would fix windowsupdate.microsoft.com being blocked on DGE. It makes total sense to have windows 10 devices on display with windows 11 signage.

MarketSource is about to slit targets throat if they continue giving us like 3 sim cards for a month. There is no reason we should be telling guests to go next door to buy them and come back. Wtf...

MarketSource is about to slit targets throat if they continue giving us like 3 sim cards for a month. There is no reason we should be telling guests to go next door to buy them and come back. Wtf...
I’m surprised there are targets out there still with market source. My store got rid of them 2 years ago.

we have one good person. Now that everyone (including the team leads) get paid the same amount. She swapped to part-time and doesn't shipt.

Her niece? (idk its a family member) joined the team and they're delightful and smart and helpful. BUT SHES MOVING >:||.

I'm starting to thing the Defence against the dark arts position curse is also affecting our target hiring rate.

Damn do I wish our district/store had a specified Entertainment Team or just TMs for the Weekend. I do enjoy doing the revisions every week, but I'm still currently the only one who can do it in my department

In the tales of Apple Scammers - I had a guest that would ask for specific watches and then when I came back they asked for more apple and when I carried the watch back with me, he kept saying I could leave it there. I was like, no buddo and as I walked away I called AP.

They also tried to swear to Jesus that he got a 15% student discount last week on an iPad. Now, I normally avoid giving firm answers in policy, because I am kinda new, but I knew this was lie. Target does not do student discounts on electronics and only does student discounts for a small period of time for BTS. They asked to a manager and the SE-TL was not having any of it and told me not to sell anything to them and asked AP (our APS was watchung from another aisle) to walk them out.

This was a treat to be had.

Damn do I wish our district/store had a specified Entertainment Team or just TMs for the Weekend. I do enjoy doing the revisions every week, but I'm still currently the only one who can do it in my department
We have a DBO that does it two days a week. But that's not enough.

In the tales of Apple Scammers - I had a guest that would ask for specific watches and then when I came back they asked for more apple and when I carried the watch back with me, he kept saying I could leave it there. I was like, no buddo and as I walked away I called AP.

They also tried to swear to Jesus that he got a 15% student discount last week on an iPad. Now, I normally avoid giving firm answers in policy, because I am kinda new, but I knew this was lie. Target does not do student discounts on electronics and only does student discounts for a small period of time for BTS. They asked to a manager and the SE-TL was not having any of it and told me not to sell anything to them and asked AP (our APS was watchung from another aisle) to walk them out.

This was a treat to be had.
Lmao. I loved dealing with those people. Like nope the apple products stay in my hand until your paid up in non gift cards

BTS has sales, nothing as far as student verified discounts.
My bad, that was teacher discounts, either way, there isn't any on electronics and i didnt tell them we had one either way.

As an educator I tend to notice those ones and misremembered. My badddddd

Last edited:
Lmao. I loved dealing with those people. Like nope the apple products stay in my hand until your paid up in non gift cards
Yup. Interesting people. Today I had someone asking me how many we had on stock of like 10 different TVs. I never give exact numbers, because of theft, this dude got super upset with me. I told AP and it was one of their regulars. Go figure.

They also tried to swear to Jesus that he got a 15% student discount last week on an iPad
i haven’t seen a student discount in the target app for a while. with that said. are you sure they weren’t using a TM number in their target app? that’s what ours do all the time.

ever since i showed TMs how to lookup other TMs in workday they stopped going to our store. haha

i haven’t seen a student discount in the target app for a while. with that said. are you sure they weren’t using a TM number in their target app? that’s what ours do all the time.

ever since i showed TMs how to lookup other TMs in workday they stopped going to our store. haha
They claimed they got.a student discount just the week before on an iPad, at my store - 15% off. They particularly said that it was done at the register and that someone adjusted it for them. All lies.

I was mistaken about the student discount still being there, that was years ago, I think the fact there is an educators discount during BTS (or there was in 2021), mixed me up, since I make use of it.

Regarding looking up numbers on workday, I did not know you could do that.

Back