Sales Floor Let's meet in the Middle; an Electronics/Tech thread

How much did your change? We had to remove 16 and add 10 new TV's.
holy shit. At out Electronics 2.0 store we had like 5? It was one LG 50. lg 75, LG 65 and a Sony 50/55 (don't remember). We sold all of the demos for them too. All in the same day. This was the day my 5 hour shift turned into a 10 hour one LMAO. Sold all demos that could be sold the same day.

What did Target expect us to do with all the TV displays at regular/sale price? I had to defect them out. No space and it would take ages to sell. Unless we were really generous with the discount.

Last edited:
What did Target expect us to do with all the TV displays at regular/sale price? I had to defect them out. No space and it would take ages to sell. Unless we were really generous with the discount.
We get really generous. Like 50% off generous. There's these cardboard boxes your suppose to pack them in.

But we did sell that oled that's really fancy at 400 bills though. I would push the display tvs heavily by leading with the price. And then explain that it was a display tv but it was in working order when we pulled it off the wall hours ago.

I sold thru my whole display stock in 2 closing shifts. About 8 tvs.

What did Target expect us to do with all the TV displays at regular/sale price?
Huh? THe ones I sold weren't regular price. To my understanding, If a TV is a clearance then the demo is going to be changed so we sold every clearance TV demo we had in a single day. On top of clearence I'd give another 10 percent or 15 percent depending on if it has the legs or remotes

Once they hit the clearance pricing I reprinted the sales tag and like a 65 inch tv is 300 dollars. I'd even throw a clearance tag on it aswell (those little 70% off!) Thats how we sold through all of our demos

I found the store that had all those bikes in the dumpster!

Does your store sell mobile Hotspot? I've had a few people ask lately and we only have some service cards and SIM cards that could work with them.

Selling the display TVs is kind of a waste of time and actually a bad value for the guest. Unless the TV was put up on the wall within the last couple months it will have thousands of hours of usage, scratches/dings from people touching it or stuff bumping it (unless its on the top row), and many of ours develop display issues near the end of their cycle on the wall (some have become really dim, a couple have a weird line down the middle where one side of the display has a slightly different tint, etc). Even at the rock bottom prices its a huge dice role whether the guest is actually getting a TV they'll be happy with and will last longer than a few months. Most of the time we end up just defecting them out because of the previously mentioned reasons.

Selling the display TVs is kind of a waste of time and actually a bad value for the guest. Unless the TV was put up on the wall within the last couple months it will have thousands of hours of usage, scratches/dings from people touching it or stuff bumping it (unless its on the top row), and many of ours develop display issues near the end of their cycle on the wall (some have become really dim, a couple have a weird line down the middle where one side of the display has a slightly different tint, etc). Even at the rock bottom prices its a huge dice role whether the guest is actually getting a TV they'll be happy with and will last longer than a few months. Most of the time we end up just defecting them out because of the previously mentioned reasons.
TMs bought our display TVs, they know what they are getting into.

I always explain this to someonr whose interested

Does your store sell mobile Hotspot? I've had a few people ask lately and we only have some service cards and SIM cards that could work with them.
We used to but we haven't gotten any. Come to think of it I should check the on hands lol
actually a bad value
Not really. Most people here use these TVs to have a TV there for their bedroom. They aren't going to be using it on a daily or anything. Even if they are tho. TVs last sooooo much longer than their predecessor. Think about it. The main thing that would be able to fail is the screen right. Think of how many monitors there are in this world. I use computers for hours a day (thanks canvas) constantly leaving their monitors on. Not once has there a time where I've had an LCD fail because of time.

Plus ours have been up for less than a year. Thanks remodel!

With all of that said though. The only time I would start to talk about TOS is if / when we sell the OLED demos. I explain what burn out is. How time affected OLED. And how they cannot return it.

Last edited:
Brand or how long they've been up.
Unless your TV is being hit with like DIRECT sunlight then the colors / dimmness shouldn't be too noticeable. Most of the time its just the settings or what HDMI port they use. Sometimes it goes into like Game mode which is low latency and such.

TVs last sooooo much longer than their predecessor. Think about it. The main thing that would be able to fail is the screen right. Think of how many monitors there are in this world. I use computers for hours a day (thanks canvas) constantly leaving their monitors on. Not once has there a time where I've had an LCD fail because of time.

Plus ours have been up for less than a year. Thanks remodel!
It's a fair point that they make an okay ish secondary TV, but I highly doubt your monitors run 8am-10pm 7 days a week. Plus the fact that we've had several displays over my time here turn purple, get really dim, get lines in them, etc so I would say there's been many times where LCDs fail because of time. Also, our remodel didn't really change any of the TVs so they've been up a while at this point.

And how they cannot return it.
What's to stop them returning the display TV? It comes up in the system as a regular clearance TV with the discount taken off of it. Should have the normal 30 day return policy as far as I know.

What's to stop them returning the display TV? It comes up in the system as a regular clearance TV with the discount taken off of it. Should have the normal 30 day return policy as far as I know.
Its our store policy. Final Sale. Right before I sell it to them I plug it in to show it works. Just closing loose ends honestly. Thinking of it now it was out old SS ETL that told me that so idk maybe now my new one would allow it? IDK just gonna stick with what I know lol.
, but I highly doubt your monitors run 8am-10pm 7 days a week.
They usually run from noon to about 3 AM so I'm getting around there lol.
get lines in them, etc
The only issue I've ever seen us get with TVs is those like 8 TVs we had in entertainment that would talk preremodel. Sometimes one of them would be yellow lol. Thank GOD they killed those off. Very happy with that decision lol.

How much did your change? We had to remove 16 and add 10 new TV's.
I forget the exact amount the PML took care of the majority of it since I wasn’t allowed to come in no earlier then 7am this time around but we sold all the old displays and clearance like it was a “bullseye playground” item. Never seen it sell this fast before to where we didn’t have to use any of those clunky boxes

I forget the exact amount the PML took care of the majority of it since I wasn’t allowed to come in no earlier then 7am this time around but we sold all the old displays and clearance like it was a “bullseye playground” item. Never seen it sell this fast before to where we didn’t have to use any of those clunky boxes
These boxes are a joke and a huge pain in the *** they're worthless.

Corp looks at Tech weird when they have people scheduled before open. We should have someone at 7 to help with push, and any resets, but lately truck unload hasn't happened until 9.
Really? In Q4 at least I've had days where we'd open at like 5-6 AM. 2020 Q4 we also had an overnight electronics person. It was. So. Fkn. Good. 2021 However they didn't give us an overnighter. Don't really know why. We did have a dedicated cashier in electronics on Black Friday week too. We trained her on everything haha. Even 141 (she asked about 141). Ofc we'd never ask her to do anything other than the maybe "Hey can you just handle it here while I go to the bathroom". Electronics is pretty spoiled with hours in Q4 but it's honestly never enough.

We have a Plano team at our store so Plano is done by them. We used to do it but apparently, we weren't doing it right? regardless the Plano and the remodel team at my store have one thing in common. Brain damage.

Back