Sales Floor Let's meet in the Middle; an Electronics/Tech thread

Every damn day with these MarketSource vendors...
Them: "Can you return this ATT sim card it isn't working."
Me: "Did you check if the device is on the whitelist before you tried?"
Them: "No."
Me: "So why do you think it isn't working?"
🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

I cannot fathom how people can be so negligent.

Oh, ours makes me want to commit a hate crime. He is the most annoying thing in the fkn world. Guests have literally come up to me telling me they think he's on drugs (which he's not, he's just weird asf [Also if I of all people say someone is weird, they're on the moon] ) And when i told him he was like "They're just jealous"

mf even sleeps at the desk.

ETL emailed their manager and they didn't do anything

I always unplug the displays that do this, and if the brand is notorious for doing this I will NEVER suggest them. So basically Sony and Bose are dead to me.
My Bose displays are fine, can't pair with them. My Sony display is off the floor for good.

Is it officially ok or is it still an under the radar thing? We were told not to put them in the case like Xbox, but we can have a sign. I think I am going to voice a policy of not giving inventory updates over the phone because we get a number of calls for it now. Also I guess we have gotten a number of people lining up in the morning.

Every damn day with these MarketSource vendors...
Them: "Can you return this ATT sim card it isn't working."
Me: "Did you check if the device is on the whitelist before you tried?"
Them: "No."
Me: "So why do you think it isn't working?"
🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Our marketsource rep was selling apple products without removing them from inventory. Which made our numbers all sorts of screwy.. on top of other things.

When did this happen
It seems to be store by store option. I do know my store has a problem with a reseller and he uses multiple accounts to snap up several ps5's when they open up for pickup. Of course when he comes in and we see he has more then 1 PS5 order we tell him to go fark himself. But this ties up 4 or 5 consoles every order drop so I could see my leads being tired of the pick up process.

Wish we had a Code 2 Content Catalog on the myDevice. There's so many old games that people want sometimes and target only sells them digitally, but most people don't care to know you can type the DPCI into the register and it will print on the receipt.

Wish we had a Code 2 Content Catalog on the myDevice. There's so many old games that people want sometimes and target only sells them digitally, but most people don't care to know you can type the DPCI into the register and it will print on the receipt.
sometimes they don’t print though which is a headache. has that happen on two diff occasions.

Simple Mobile has made the worst decision ever to change from GSM (T-Mobile) to CDMA (Verizon). Literally zero cell phones support CDMA these days. With one change they completely destroyed their brand. Astonishing.

The only one left that has "easy" activation is ATT, that is if your phone manufacturer fueled the cellular monopoly and certified your specific device model onto the ATT whitelist. 😒

The disappointment is far too much.

Simple Mobile has made the worst decision ever to change from GSM (T-Mobile) to CDMA (Verizon). Literally zero cell phones support CDMA these days. With one change they completely destroyed their brand. Astonishing.

The only one left that has "easy" activation is ATT, that is if your phone manufacturer fueled the cellular monopoly and certified your specific device model onto the ATT whitelist. 😒

The disappointment is far too much.
Verizon acquired tracfone and all its subsidiaries including Simple Mobile. Verizon also has moved from CDMA long ago, so not sure what you’re talking about?

Verizon acquired tracfone and all its subsidiaries including Simple Mobile. Verizon also has moved from CDMA long ago, so not sure what you’re talking about?
You have to have specific bands for Verizon to work. Even the BLU phones we sell yell at you on the box and say "THIS PHONE WILL NOT WORK ON VERIZON" Because like no phone works on Verizon. I guess dealing with ATTs whitelist is better than dealing with Verizon.

For about a month. There was a communication in early October. PS5s should now be sold in stores. Inventory is actually being held back from online sales to support instore sales.
Yeah I told a guest we only sold them online. Guest was adamant we sold them in stores, and apparently they were right lol. They don't communicate anything to us.

How are you doing so far?

Right now, I'm spent. We're a low volume store. We did 60k in tech sales by noon yesterday with 3 people scheduled. And, that was without Playstations. Of course, we got 40 PS5s in today.

In general, Playstations suck. They take forever to backstock. We get calls about them constantly. We have to go back to the lockup and climb on the ladder everytime someone wants one. But, we crush sales when we have them so the bosses who don't have to deal with them love Playstations. They see a flat of Playstations and get dollar signs in their eyes. I see that flat and think, "Fuck! How am I going to find enough time to get away from the floor long enough to backstock that shit just so I can spend the rest of the day taking them out for guests."

Right now, I'm spent. We're a low volume store. We did 60k in tech sales by noon yesterday with 3 people scheduled. And, that was without Playstations. Of course, we got 40 PS5s in today.

In general, Playstations suck. They take forever to backstock. We get calls about them constantly. We have to go back to the lockup and climb on the ladder everytime someone wants one. But, we crush sales when we have them so the bosses who don't have to deal with them love Playstations. They see a flat of Playstations and get dollar signs in their eyes. I see that flat and think, "Fuck! How am I going to find enough time to get away from the floor long enough to backstock that shit just so I can spend the rest of the day taking them out for guests."
Why are the PlayStations not allowed in the glass case? When we have $500 Series X in the case...that's what I don't get. Having a couple in the case would at least ease the burden a little bit of running to the back to grab one.

Why are the PlayStations not allowed in the glass case? When we have $500 Series X in the case...that's what I don't get. Having a couple in the case would at least ease the burden a little bit of running to the back to grab one.
they don’t fit right in the cabinet. we can BARLEy fit two on its back, only on one side of the case LOL.

Also our mobile rep said "women belong in the kitchen" Next to another female tech tm, female MS rep, AND female guest. yikes.

they don’t fit right in the cabinet. we can BARLEy fit two on its back, only on one side of the case LOL.

Also our mobile rep said "women belong in the kitchen" Next to another female tech tm, female MS rep, AND female guest. yikes.
He's right, they should be in the kitchen, at least for a few minutes, to poison his food.

Back