Sales Floor Let's meet in the Middle; an Electronics/Tech thread

I dont know why Consumer Cellular expects non-technicians to activate phones. Sorry, but we already have enough on our plates and CC takes way longer to activate phones than the others. We prioritize what Target wants us to do, not CC. They aren't our bosses
Consumer is by far one of the worst things about working Tech. The guest that come through there for a phone are truly one of a kind. Definitely don’t miss it

I dont know why Consumer Cellular expects non-technicians to activate phones. Sorry, but we already have enough on our plates and CC takes way longer to activate phones than the others. We prioritize what Target wants us to do, not CC. They aren't our bosses
My store stopped activating years ago. We started telling guests to call the 1800 number if they need help setting it up. CC claims to have excellent customer service, let them earn it!

Just yesterday I told an old couple, and they were nice about it, to come back in the morning when Target Mobile was here. I'm probably tech savvy enough to do it, but I just have no time.

Ever since I started in tech, there’s this guy that’s been coming in and he would ask to buy Apple Watch ultras, and he’d pay for them from a stack of gift cards. Obviously he has some kind of a scam going on, but I talked to AP about it and they said there’s nothing we can do. Ugh. And whenever someone legitimately wants to buy an Apple Watch ultra for themselves, we’re out of stock.

I'm probably tech savvy enough to do it, but I just have no time
not only this but it’s not in your job quota. it is a VERY simple task. however, with the corners target is cutting. don’t go extra 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️

iirc, some small format stores did actually require Target TMs to do that in prepaid activation and such. BUT they got commission! You are not.

Ever since I started in tech, there’s this guy that’s been coming in and he would ask to buy Apple Watch ultras, and he’d pay for them from a stack of gift cards. Obviously he has some kind of a scam going on, but I talked to AP about it and they said there’s nothing we can do. Ugh. And whenever someone legitimately wants to buy an Apple Watch ultra for themselves, we’re out of stock.
This is in no way racist but they're usually this one group of Asian people who are taking orders from others on Whats App. This group of people are known for doing this scam across the whole US.

So you're not really supposed to do too much however, You have the power in your hands and there are a few things you can do.

Limit them. There are times my store has like 400 airpods so in the case i sell them as much as they want. But if they want 1 of an iPad and we have like 3 then i'll only sell them 1.

Another thing they do (this could've changed with the new target TM discount) is they have compromised discount #'s and they use the app to add it. You can check to see if a TM Discount was applied by tapping the total on the POS.

With all of this said, Do what your store says. If your store says to call a TL to verify their discount then call a TL. If they say send them to GS, then send them to GS.

not only this but it’s not in your job quota. it is a VERY simple task. however, with the corners target is cutting. don’t go extra 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️

iirc, some small format stores did actually require Target TMs to do that in prepaid activation and such. BUT they got commission! You are not.

This is in no way racist but they're usually this one group of Asian people who are taking orders from others on Whats App. This group of people are known for doing this scam across the whole US.

So you're not really supposed to do too much however, You have the power in your hands and there are a few things you can do.

Limit them. There are times my store has like 400 airpods so in the case i sell them as much as they want. But if they want 1 of an iPad and we have like 3 then i'll only sell them 1.

Another thing they do (this could've changed with the new target TM discount) is they have compromised discount #'s and they use the app to add it. You can check to see if a TM Discount was applied by tapping the total on the POS.

With all of this said, Do what your store says. If your store says to call a TL to verify their discount then call a TL. If they say send them to GS, then send them to GS.
I was going to add he was an Asian guy, but I was afraid it would come off as racist lol. I will speak to my TL about it and talk to them about putting limits on low quantity items. The only thing is that if I do it for one guest, I’ll probably have to do it for everyone to avoid accusations of profiling.

And I’ll keep a lookout for if he’s using a TM discount, but I think the old 8 digit ones don’t work anymore. Unless he found a way to exploit the new system.

The only thing is that if I do it for one guest, I’ll probably have to do it for everyone to avoid accusations of profiling.
trust it’s not that serious lmao.

Even then, how often do people buy bulk apple products like them
Unless he found a way to exploit the new system.
I wouldn’t be surprised tbh. I know there are new Target Phishing sites

I was going to add he was an Asian guy, but I was afraid it would come off as racist lol. I will speak to my TL about it and talk to them about putting limits on low quantity items. The only thing is that if I do it for one guest, I’ll probably have to do it for everyone to avoid accusations of profiling.

And I’ll keep a lookout for if he’s using a TM discount, but I think the old 8 digit ones don’t work anymore. Unless he found a way to exploit the new system.
We get the Asian guys at my store. We say no to them on apple. When they see me coming, they leave quickly empty handed.

Has anyone had a huge change in how they want items in security done for the worst? I've been wasting my time the last few weeks and its seriously pissing me off that they aren't having people who work in the store itself make the decision

Has anyone had a huge change in how they want items in security done for the worst? I've been wasting my time the last few weeks and its seriously pissing me off that they aren't having people who work in the store itself make the decision
yes at my store. we dont have the stuff needed to secure items completely..

Guests who make it obvious that they worked your job before are so annoying, this guy trying to get me to price match this camera to a third party on Amazon and after telling him no he's like "That doesn't matter at my store." Like ok go there then.. You are so confident yet so wrong.
right but. me and another TM both went to our sister store at different time and both got DECLINED valid price matches.

Idk why TMs are such nazis on price matching like. once i got an iPad at another store and they said no to a sam’s club price match because “it had to be available online and in store at sam’s club” BFFR

I just went to my store and price matched

right but. me and another TM both went to our sister store at different time and both got DECLINED valid price matches.

Idk why TMs are such nazis on price matching like. once i got an iPad at another store and they said no to a sam’s club price match because “it had to be available online and in store at sam’s club” BFFR

I just went to my store and price matched
I haven't looked at Sams Club recently, but for member stores like Costco they will explicitly say the price has a limit of "x per member" if it is a member only deal. That's really all you have to check besides it being in stock.

I do think that they should remove member stores though because there's too many things like surcharges, fees, and shipping that they charge to non members that technically make it a loss for Target to match.

I haven't looked at Sams Club recently, but for member stores like Costco they will explicitly say the price has a limit of "x per member" if it is a member only deal. That's really all you have to check besides it being in stock
at my store we never check if it’s in stock tbh. if it’s a valid price. then we’ll honor it 🤷‍♀️

I think I would like tech a lot better if I had another person in my department, but it’s virtually impossible to pull and push all the 1 for 1s when I’m by myself. Especially this week when everyone’s asking for Father’s Day gifts. Tomorrow’s my last day in tech and I’m kinda glad to go back to my normal section lol.

Back