Sales Floor Let's meet in the Middle; an Electronics/Tech thread

I don't even get why people buy those Beats, they're junk. I got a free pair with a laptop once, they're awful. You'll get much better sound with any pair of Sony wireless headphones.
Indeed they are junk, at least according to my husband. And he may have sold the company, but just the fact that Dr. Dre started it means I'd never own them. I try to avoid giving my money and support to shit human beings.

They have coded the price match policy correctly into the registers today. Circle offers can now only be used on items at regular price. The problem is it is also coded into target.com, so if the item is on sale on target.com, you cant use any circle offers.

You can see an example of this with the Google Nest BOGO, the offer is simply impossible to use online as every item it applies to is also on sale, its only possible to use in store as the items are regular price.

Hopefully they fix that, because that sucks especially when it comes to thinks like movies. A lot of movies go on "sale" and there's generally a percentage off coupon as well. Some even have both going on at the same time and even for the same movie

This is why the return policy needs to be revised asap.

It's for this exact reason that we damage out Apple returns no matter how genuine they look. They're getting more and more sophisticated with their scams. And this woman brings up a good point, old receipts randomly disappear from your account sometimes, they need to fix that.

Gotta say I think spending 200 bucks on ear buds is nuts anyway. But I'm not a fan of them in general, don't need to be constantly listening to music or talking on my phone.

Apple products are supposed to be crc when returned.
Lots of stores have done away with this policy since it costs the company a pretty penny and there’s still profit to be made from selling Apple returns. My group’s policy is to put the items back on a secured shelf at first markdown.

Lots of stores have done away with this policy since it costs the company a pretty penny and there’s still profit to be made from selling Apple returns. My group’s policy is to put the items back on a secured shelf at first markdown.
We've had issues at our store where a scammer would return Apple products that seem unopened, and that seem like they have genuine Apple seals on them, but when the guest buys it it is empty. So we're not even taking chances.

Is RFID having issues again? Last 2 weeks have been lower than usual
Edit: Ignore this I have an idea what was happening

Last edited:
If you guys haven't been doing so, I suggest start getting with Receiving or TLs for Sweeps. The best items for that seem to be Printers and Funkos/Collectible Wall items.

Man these spot the differences are getting really hard!

It’s happens on the Samsung’s too. We carry only 1 of the tcl’s.

I'M SORRY WHAT? APPLE PRODUCT MARKDOWNS?!?!?!!

Target literally gets 100 percent of its money back on CRC'd products. Literally defect that shit out!

Ya...source? afaik it's auctioned
Salvage is auctioned, each of the gaylord boxes is put on liquidation.com I believe. I can assume CRC is mostly sent back to the manufacturer, its kind of as if Target was returning the product, in which I assume most or all of the money is recovered.

Ya...source? afaik it's auctioned
Salvage gets sent to liquidation to places like this Target Auction Liquidation Marketplace | Official Target Liquidation Marketplace - https://bstock.com/target/ where target is expected to make ~10 percent of its money back and is sold by the pallet
CRC gets sent back to the MFR because 99/100 times they want to refurb their item and resell it.
And as for my source, not only did my receiving person tell me that. but also our APS, AND someone that knows alot about Target's internal processes.

If you don't believe me look up target returns and try to find an apple product.

Back