Let's see them Black Thursday/Black Friday Scheds!

Not nearly as many hours as I'd like, but easy af schedule for Thanksgiving/BF.

I also picked up a 11:00-3:15 shift on Sunday, so I work 11:00-3:15, then have a hour and 45 minute lunch before coming back for 5:00-10:00.

8a-6p Thanksgiving
10:30-7:30 Black Friday.

Not too shabby. I worked 11 hours yesterday because our SFS team had the second day of stress testing and we were Swamped. So now I know I can at least handle it.

IbgpBr.jpg

Not Target but Costco. Paid Holiday off + my same two days off.

woot! I'll be gone through the thick of it. Kind of weird, but Costco has given me tons of weekends off and if not.. the days of were still at desirable times of the week.

4-11 Thursday, off BF. FF

Total of 36 hours next week. I'm fine with it but won't say no to more hours if they need me. Especially considering that I have less than 10 this week.

It’s what I’m use to every year it flies by very quickly and all the time and a half on Thursday and 8hr holiday pay for it being a holiday plus working more then 40 and not getting OT besides when they absolutely need you and say u can have OT. Like last year worked total 90hrs that week was glad they gave me 2 days off in a row after but half my Thursday and all of Friday and Saturday was actual OT work last year for me. Felt like a zombie but the paycheck was good. All because people didn’t want to show up. The whole dept of non seasonals were granted OT and work however long u wanted that week as long as you followed what was posted

Thur: 4:55p - 1a SCO
Fri: 9a - 5p cashier
Sat: 8a - 4p SCO

I was originally scheduled for earlier on Fri but pointed out that it was less than 8 hrs to my etl as soon as it posted and they adjusted it. Have a total of 38 hrs for the week which is about 10 more than normal.

My schedule is:
Thursday: 9:00 PM to 1:00 AM (Self-Checkout)
Friday: 6:30 PM to 12:00 AM (Cashier or Self-checkout?)
Saturday: 6:30 PM to 11:00 PM (Cashier or Self-checkout?)

Overall, I'm pleased that I don't have to work late one night and then come in early the next day and I can even go shopping (either at Target or elsewhere) before my shifts on Black Friday and Saturday.

They finally posted the schedule in store. I'm off Thursday and open Black Friday. They are either being nice giving me Thanksgiving off or they don't want to pay me that time-and-a-half high rising bread since I am probably the TM with the highest hourly rate at my store. This will mean Tech will be covered by all new TMs on Thanksgiving night.Good luck with that!

Thursday: 4:00PM to 12:30AM (SFS)
Friday: 3:00PM to 11:30PM (BF)
Saturday: 9:00AM to 5:30PM (BF)

I swear to god if they don't give me Sunday off I'm going to [redacted].

Especially given "HEY WE'RE ONLY GIVING YOU MONDAY OFF"

I raided the swap board.

Went from
Thursday: 7:45-1
Friday: 11:30-4:30

to:

Thursday: 3:45-1:00
Friday: 8:00-4:30

9pm - 4:30am Weds into Thurs
4:45pm - 1:30am Thurs into Fri
3pm - 11:30pm Fri
11am - 7:30pm Sat

Back in tech too, rip.

I guess I'm officially done raiding the swap board, as I don't think they'll let me get any more hours:

Before:

After:

15 minutes of overtime, the total hours and length of shifts are wrong due to some shifts overlapping, but actually working 47.5 hours, with 7.25 of them being on Thanksgiving.

Last edited:
I'm a bit of a masochist yeah. Though really the worst day IMO is that Tuesday. Have to actually drive to and from work twice. Sunday is at least just a fairly long lunch between the shifts as opposed to being a 6 hour gap.

Guest Advocate - Thanksgiving: 4:00 PM to 12:15 am closing (7.75 hours)
Guest Advocate - Black Friday: 3:00 PM to 11:00 pm closing (7.5 hours)
Saturday - off (normal)
I normally work five short closing shifts weekly, around 22 to 23 hours per week. This week I'll work at least 33 hours. Hard to realize I've actually been at Target long enough to have been through a few of these Thanksgiving and Black Friday event. This year, my focus is to just put on a smile, don't get frazzled by the occasional irregular guest with unreasonable demands, have a good time creating a wonderful guest experience for as many folks as possible, and by the way wink-wink nudge-nudge a few guests into applying for redcards 😁 Good luck to all!

Back