Light at the end of the tunnel?

The amount of useless freight we are getting is going up.

I back stocked 10 cases (150+ boxes) of an item just this week.

My TL said it was for a transition.

I said no it isn't.

It's stuff we currently carry BUT DO NOT NEED.

Another department got 50 cake stands that will never sell.

So much for Target cutting orders from their suppliers.
I would bring the cake stands to the trash compactor, defect them all out and tell everybody to take your frustrations out and break them.

The amount of useless freight we are getting is going up.

I back stocked 10 cases (150+ boxes) of an item just this week.

My TL said it was for a transition.

I said no it isn't.

It's stuff we currently carry BUT DO NOT NEED.

Another department got 50 cake stands that will never sell.

So much for Target cutting orders from their suppliers.
I just came off of an overnight shift where I worked kids shoes. The company sent us 65 pair of the same size/style of a toddler shoe. I have room for 2 on the floor. The company is insane!

I just came off of an overnight shift where I worked kids shoes. The company sent us 65 pair of the same size/style of a toddler shoe. I have room for 2 on the floor. The company is insane!
I don't understand why they are sending massive amounts of some things, it IS insane! 60 of the same mens t shirt in large? WTF?

Sounds like what I been saying, It’s not gonna end for a long time, Corporate don’t give a fuck and these managers aren’t doing their best with what they can work with. So glad I’m not working for Target anymore, They are a bunch of cocksuckers.

And more people will shop again now cus inflation is decreasing and has been since June. Not good enough but it means more people will shop for stuff they want and not just essential stuff. As long as Target Corporate is making the money they need and expecting workers to reach ridiculous quotas, They don’t care other than filling them pockets up with paper.

IMO if more payroll was allocated to cashiers amd fullfillment, the stores would be in mich better shape.
We are fine with FF but damn this company needs to schedule more cashiers. The floor is a skeleton crew as it is and they spend half their shift on the lanes. Schedule more cashiers and have them push reshop or zone if it gets that slow.

We are fine with FF but damn this company needs to schedule more cashiers. The floor is a skeleton crew as it is and they spend half their shift on the lanes. Schedule more cashiers and have them push reshop or zone if it gets that slow.
Your store is probably using cashier hours to support other departments, particularly FF.

Exactly! It makes more sense to have a cashier do reshop, zone, or maybe even push and be the first responder for Fast Service than constantly pulling from the sales floor. But then that would take the SE ETL/SETLs actually doing their jobs and realize their job isn’t to call everyone else to do theirs. ASANTS, of course.

Well, I guess it depends on where you're hoping to see improvement. Reading through this thread shows a pretty wide variety of problems stores are having.
My store is doing mostly okay with one-for-ones and pushing the truck although one department is chronically behind, rolling their truck every day and catching up on the two days we don't get one. I keep up with push, but usually fall behind on back stock so I can do price change. I have end caps resetting and several POGs transitioning soon - no great ideas about how I'm going to get all that done unless my push shrinks a lot. Or I get some help, but it's not like we're overflowing with TMs. Between vacation time and covid cases, we're pretty spare.
Zoning all over the store is a joke - there was much rejoicing a couple weeks ago when a truck was cancelled because it meant an opportunity to finally get our areas cleaned up. (And then the next two trucks were abnormally large, but oh well. I suspect it was more a problem of staffing that day at the DC than our truck actually being that small.)
We've been hiring a few new TMs, but I'm wondering how we're going to have enough for 4th quarter. Unemployment in my state is low, like most places. Anticipating that we won't which might result in lots of OT who are offered it.

I think HQ should have just clearanced out the excess inventory and been done with it. Clearance, Salvage it, then reset the POGs (Like they did with the hardware stuff that was an oopsie).Take the hit and be done. But no. They gotta be cute and “store specific” with price cuts. Come on. They know what they over-ordered. Rip the bandaid. I’m looking at you, Brightroom storage, weighted blankets, etc.

They already do this with the skeleton crew they have now! God forbid you are idle for 1.2 picoseconds.

Go ahead, TL, keep hovering and getting on me for every little mistake. Keep trying to add new shit for me to do when I'm 1 of two or three people on the lanes during a busy rush. You're only increasing my Quiet Quitting skill.

I think HQ should have just clearanced out the excess inventory and been done with it. Clearance, Salvage it, then reset the POGs (Like they did with the hardware stuff that was an oopsie).Take the hit and be done. But no. They gotta be cute and “store specific” with price cuts. Come on. They know what they over-ordered. Rip the bandaid. I’m looking at you, Brightroom storage, weighted blankets, etc.
I have thought you should allocated half of the department end caps to set whatever we our overstocked at the time.

For example if you have a bunch of snacks that would sell.

I just remembered last month I also mentioned to my TL and putting product in the "race track" to get rid of it.

They said no but now we have so much product we are doing it anyway.

That's funny. My store dumped pallets of stuff in the racetrack a few months ago. That shit sold fast. So we did it again. DSD dropped by and ordered it all removed.

Back