Light at the end of the tunnel?

Anyone hear of “quiet quitting “

What is quiet quitting your job?

For those who haven't kept up with the conversation in recent weeks, “quiet quitting” involves doing the bare minimum at your job, instead of going above and beyond to succeed. Think of it as a slow fade as employees pull back on performing extra work to find a new job or more work-life balance.7 hours ago

For those who haven't kept up with the conversation in recent weeks, “quiet quitting” involves doing the bare minimum at your job, instead of going above and beyond to succeed. Think of it as a slow fade as employees pull back on performing extra work to find a new job or more work-life balance.7 hours ago
Quiet quitting, acting your wage, or work to rule for any Boomers that might be reading this, lol

I suppose it's a sign that my quiet quitting is working, that they're on me so often. Do this, do that. Sure. I will do the extra work if told, but it's getting done at a medium speed. Being a fatass who moves slow anyway is just extra on top.

Check out this article from USA TODAY:

What is quiet quitting?: Employees suffering pandemic burnout say they've just stopped working as hard

Our store is so bad especially with the remodel that I am seeing this quiet quitting.

We are getting behind so much that you just try to get what you can done and go home.

Did that most days in my last 2 weeks.

Our store is so bad especially with the remodel that I am seeing this quiet quitting.

We are getting behind so much that you just try to get what you can done and go home.
I mean, that's all anyone should be doing. I don't mean people should be loafing, not at all, that really irks me. But there's really no point in killing yourself. It will be shitty again tomorrow anyway.

Inbound is screwed. The rest a fluff. They actually YAWN at GS and at the register. Comedy hour at GS heard across the store they r having such a great time. Kids think this is what it's line to work. Hook up, yuck it up, curse at random, lunch and breaks with your coworker bestie....future doesn't look good. Of course Asants, small formats feel like a franchise. Like it's They re way not the Target way.

I yawn at the register because I'm tired of being policed like a criminal.

Policing us for every little thing only makes us more determined to sneak in a bit of laziness just to get back at the manager determined to make us as miserable as they are.

I'm not going to break my neck constantly for the store, what is that going to get me? More work. My raised is locked to one of two tiny percentages - no one is ever going to give me that "best" rank that will get me a slightly less shitty raise unless I do a lot of shit that's going to stress me beyond belief. I've already got high blood pressure, I'm not going to take years off my life just for the possibility of a chance of a 60 cent raise.

So I will yuk it up when I can. It's nice to have friends among your coworkers - makes the stress more bearable. But they're the friends, not the managers. Never the managers. It's too easy to get screwed over by thinking the manager is your friend.

The Target way would run me into the ground and use my limp body as fertilizer for the next store, so I say to heck with it. Here the poor GS bastards are run ragged, and they're trying to get everyone to work like that now.

I'm early 30s and tired of it. Let the managers who make enough money to care do the caring.

I'm just curious if anyone's store is seeing any glimpse of improvement? My store is sliding farther and farther into the abyss of failure, and as they keep trying new ways to kick the can down the road all of the good employees are leaving. This of course, leaves us with the idiots who don't even know how to use a door handle.....
As I am seeing it no.

I have been working with Target for nearly three months. For the first month, it was great. Excellent work environment, friendly coworkers. It was hard work, but we worked together to get stuff done. Now, I'm on month three. My ETL has left, and most of HR quit or moved to different locations. The new ETL has been not so great for everyone.

I'm gonna preface here, I'm severely HOH and physically disabled but my past jobs haven't paid me very well. I took up reaching out to Target and it took me two years of applying. When I told my old ETL and HR manager this, they couldn't find a year of my applications. Which was insane. I look at my personal application history, it was no longer there. I only saw my recent applications to several locations. That's just the beginning of my struggles with them.

Since the new ETL has been here and many coworkers have left. We have two people running HR. and barely enough staff to get by. I work mostly as a guest advocate. I have 4 leads struggling just as much as many of my coworkers have underneath them. I am one of 2 disabled workers in my area. Between me and my coworker, our ETL has been very harsh toward us. Getting very frustrated with anything that looks 'inefficient'. It has gotten to the point of me and this coworker wanting to quit bc the language she uses with us as of recently sounds like she wants to fire us. We want to quit so it would look better than being fired on our work history.

With the state of the store going into disaster. Backrooms overflowing. Strays/abandons carts are all over the front of the store. Team members struggling to keep up with the number of guests coming into the store. Guests getting angry at everyone's customer service. Yelling at the team leads over things we cannot control. Getting overly angry about having me and my coworker up front bc we "can not complete simple tasks" or "make it harder" for them to check out. Not keeping the price tags up to date with inflation that changes the price of items, and I'm not kidding when I say this, EVERY TWO DAYS. It's gotten to the point where we just charge the shelf price and brace TargetCo. TM. consequences. The list goes on. Everyone is overworked. It looks like 70% of team members are pushing overtime.

There is no light at the end of the tunnel. We are falling into an abyss. There is no bracing for the ground at the end. Just hope there is a tree to catch yourself on and hold on for survival. Welcome to the hunger games I guess. May the best person win in the mind fuck games of American capitalism. -Some random team member

Last edited:
Well now that they don't want discontinued items in the backroom, even if they already have a location and are filled up, no, there will never be a light at the end of the tunnel. There's only so much we can fit out on the floor.

I literally do not understand the lack of foresight with the fulfillment team scheduling. Do people not look at the calendar and take things like holidays (other than the big ones) into account?

I literally do not understand the lack of foresight with the fulfillment team scheduling. Do people not look at the calendar and take things like holidays (other than the big ones) into account?
I asked myself the same thing. There were 2 cashiers when I went into my store to get something...

It's just -- if OPU/GS is short, they steal cashiers. If fulfillment is short, they steal cashiers. Then we end up calling anyone and everyone to cashier and we get farther behind.

Labor Day was scheduled like a normal 2018 Monday. It did not go smoothly lol. My team are asking me very direct questions about the state of things, and I can't bullshit them. Front of store has it bad, but not as bad others.

Labor Day was scheduled like a normal 2018 Monday. It did not go smoothly lol. My team are asking me very direct questions about the state of things, and I can't bullshit them. Front of store has it bad, but not as bad others.
This!

I think Target looks at the date but no whether it is Memorial Day, Labor Day, Easter, etc.

Back