Limits on high-demand items again?

TLSpot

Keeper of the Beans
I hear we are placing purchasing limits on certain high-demand items again. Is this company-wide?

Far: referring to the over reaction knee jerk impulse buying of things the mediocre mind feels will become scarce. Greed. T-paper for example. It was a joke last year, seniors lined up for a 100 yds at our local target waiting to buy an 8-pack of toilet paper at 7am or whenever the hell it was.

Yet there WAS a shortage. Even IF the shortage WAS caused by hoarders.

I can understand the fear: Being OUT of TP at home Couldn’t have been a good thing.

thanks for reminding me - going to place an online order now - don’t want to run out. Being proactive is all.

Greedy individuals are now sitting on tons of toilet paper (pun intended), sanitizer, bottled water, 22 caliber rimfire ammo, etc. One auction site had a 50 ct box of 22s for sale for $29.99. They probably bought a lot, probably don't use it, and will never get that price.

Greedy individuals are now sitting on tons of toilet paper (pun intended), sanitizer, bottled water, 22 caliber rimfire ammo, etc. One auction site had a 50 ct box of 22s for sale for $29.99. They probably bought a lot, probably don't use it, and will never get that price.
Oh, I hope my husband doesn’t see that. No 22 ammo available here and he is concerned he may never get any. Won’t even go to the range anymore because doesn’t want to use up what he has. People like him will pay that price. He’d rather have 50 shots than 30 bucks any day.

yet, remember the hand sanitizer price gougers on Amazon ? The ones that ended up donating their stockpile ? Haha.

wonder where all our salvaged sanitizer went ? We still have some on clearance.

Ammo and components are filling the pipeline and will eventually become available on the retail shelves. Even the crusty old Captain stood on line with the aging Karens one fine morning and snagged a 12 pack of t paper. I felt like an idiot doing it.

Our store limited squishmallows in toys lol.. I assume if the store wants to limit them corporate will allow it.

Fuck squishmallows. Fuck those fucking things. Seriously....Squishmallows? Yeah...Fuck those things. Through the magic of short-staffing and rampant callouts I've been back in my original Target home, which I absolutely love, of toys a lot this week. (I really do love toys. Best department to work in the entire store.)

But, Squishmallows? For fuck's sake. I told my ETL the other day that if I got one more question about them that afternoon I would kill myself, so don't expect me to make it to work tomorrow.

My theory on squishmallows is that if we have any in the building they are going on the shelf ASAP. Oh? we got a case of 8 of the giant ones and only 1 is supposed to fit? Fuck that....they're all going out. If anyone asks, all the Squishmallows we have are on the shelf. No, I don't need to scan the shelf label for you. No, I don't need to check the back. They are all right the fuck there. Take as many as you fucking want. Just get them off my shelves, so when guest services calls back for the 123rd time that day to ask if we have any fucking Squishmallows in stock, I can respond with "No! Not a single motherfucking one!"

I guess I'll have to google them. No idea what they are.

A relatively new brand of stuffy that are huge on the collector and reseller market. A lot of them are really cute. They have more of a foam interior than a traditional stuffed animal, so they squish like a marshmallow. Hence then name. My grade school age niece loves them. But, most questions about them don't come from kids. They come from resellers.

No restrictions on Tylenol or paper products or cleaning supplies at my store. There was one on trading cards for a while and probably still are for certain electronics things (I stay away from that department having little interest and zero knowledge). Buy my state is still doing relatively well on case rates even though most counties are at substantial or high risk. Really hope we can stay away from the hoarding behavior - that was not fun for anyone. Well, I suppose the hoarders who felt like they "won" would say they had fun. Jerks.

Back