LOA return position

Is it true that if a team lead extends longer than their original 30 day paid LOA, they could be replaced and loose their current team lead position?

We have a team lead that has been gone almost three months on a vulnerable covid LOA and I’ve overheard some little birdies around the store discussing how it’s ridiculous the team lead is still out and that they are looking at who can replace this person. I know for a fact this person thinks their job is totally secure even tho they have been gone so long, so that’s gonna be a huge blow if that’s not right.

Is it true that if a team lead extends longer than their original 30 day paid LOA, they could be replaced and loose their current team lead position?

We have a team lead that has been gone almost three months on a vulnerable covid LOA and I’ve overheard some little birdies around the store discussing how it’s ridiculous the team lead is still out and that they are looking at who can replace this person. I know for a fact this person thinks their job is totally secure even tho they have been gone so long, so that’s gonna be a huge blow if that’s not right.
1) Unless that TL is a problem child, people that are all judgey about being out on leave obviously don’t give a shit about anyone but themselves. Seriously, I have never understood the idea of judging someone for taking a leave for personal or for health reasons... unless they do it to not loose their job for poor performance (yes, I’m at a store that has this issue.)

2) I feel the TL knows the policies in place regarding leaves... 16 weeks is typically the standard “I’m on leave” leave.

I know it’s not my concern but at the same time, I don’t like seeing people done dirty so I would consider bringing it to this person attention if there was a possibility things could go down completely differently than this person expects.

1) Unless that TL is a problem child, people that are all judgey about being out on leave obviously don’t give a shit about anyone but themselves. Seriously, I have never understood the idea of judging someone for taking a leave for personal or for health reasons... unless they do it to not loose their job for poor performance (yes, I’m at a store that has this issue.)

2) I feel the TL knows the policies in place regarding leaves... 16 weeks is typically the standard “I’m on leave” leave.

I’m with you on not understanding. This team lead I feel had a legitimate reason to take the LOA and actually prolly waited longer than they should have under the circumstances.

I can’t see them replacing her.... time will tell I guess but I do hope it’s not true that they are looking to because she is a great team lead.

1. FMLA requires an equivalent position, not the exact same one. So they could be moved laterally to a different TL position (i.e. gm to market, etc.)

2. FMLA only protects them for 12 weeks. If they refuse to return on time the company may extend the leave without extending the job protection. So they wouldn't be fired but they could be forced to demote.

Sounds like my store... our food & Beverage TL has been out on LOA since March and there is no return date she’s also blocked my ETL & my HR on fb so it’s not lookin so good and there’s talks she might be replaced

Sounds like my store... our food & Beverage TL has been out on LOA since March and there is no return date she’s also blocked my ETL & my HR on fb so it’s not lookin so good and there’s talks she might be replaced
My store doesn't have an HR at the moment but that's definitely someone I wouldn't be FB friends with. They really shouldn't friend anyone anyways

Back