Archived Locating Wine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, this has always been an issue at my store. We usually have just as much wine in the backroom as the floor. One of our backroom market aisles is the wine and liquor aisle. And it takes the whole aisle.

No, it's an error factory. We're going to start charging the vendors rent because they're using our aisle as storage for product they don't want in their warehouse.

Your CTL needs to take control of the wine vendors! No order unless the CTL okays it. Endcaps of wine do NOT need to be filled front to back. 3 deep is more than enough in most stores. The vendors make a living by selling wine. If you give them an inch they will take a mile. If they have that much product in your store it is because no one was holding them accountable. And I would absolutely locate it. You have to know what you have and how much so you can control what extra is being brought it. Also it is an AP issue. Think about how much wine could just "walk" out of the back room with less than honest team members. (I am not saying we all couldn't use a drink every now and then!)Again the vendors work for Target not the other way around.

We don't have wine at our store, but how can you afford to have an entire aisle of wine?!? That's a lot of space for vendor product. Like insanely too much. If any of our vendors were taking up that much space, they wouldn't be able to bring anymore in until they sold through almost all of that. Red scorecard for them.

We have appx. a 16-20 foot section of wine, hard liquor and mixes that are all located along the back wall on our market side of the back room and then the vendors have another spot back by receiving where the beers are staged but not located. We never really have too much and like "tellmeaboutatime" said, our shelves are usually about 3 deep because it's unnecessary to have a shelf with any more wine than that.

We're only a PFresh store and we have 28ft of wine! Plus a door of refrigerated, a permanent endap, freezer sidecap, and the bakery table. Our vendors are pretty good at keeping backroom quantities low.

I personally started locating the wine and fill the floor also. While I walk the orders with the vendors, I scan any product that they want to order to see if it's in the back. If so I tell them to cancel that case. After I receive the order, I personally stock the shelves myself and shoot EXF batches in between orders throughout the week. I currently only have two 3' foot sections of back stock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back