Archived Locking the doors at close...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deli Ninja

Formerly Softlines Ninja (Now in Deli Flavor)!
I have an ETL who doesn't lock the exit doors at the end of the night and then just sends people out through those 30-60 minutes after the lights go down. They're new (really new) and I can't help but wonder if this is against company policy. After all, anyone could come waltzing in any time after close as soon as they figure out the specific night that that ETL closes. Isn't this a safety issue?
This ETL is the only one I have ever seen do this. Obviously, they also don't set the alarm until after we leave at the end of the night.

Our entrance doors get locked at close, but the exit doors remain usable until the last guest leaves.... then they are locked. We exit through the designated TM entrance if we leave after the last guest.

Most of the time this is what our LODs do now. Some of the more conscientious LODs will lock it until people leave and then just ask people to pull the door shut behind them. Others will at least make sure they are locked before we hit the cash office.

We lock our entrance at 11:00 (or 10:00 on Sundays), then lock the exit after the last guest leaves. TMs go out the side door in our entrance block, which gets deadbolted when the LOD and TLs leave.

I lock the entrance doors right at 10, then lock the cart doors while I wait for the all clear/guests at the lanes to leave. Then I lock the exit doors and then make it so the lock on the TM door locks from the outside but doesn't lock people in the building. I don't leave the door area until all the guests have left.

I think that a big risk to not lock the exit doors! I would mention it to AP!

Thanks for the input, everyone! I will definitely mention it to AP and the STL... and leave it at that unless I happen to feel particularly unsafe.

I wonder if our door can be done that way? We are always locked in until they let us out. I will punch correct, because if I can't go home, I'm on the clock.
I lock the entrance doors right at 10, then lock the cart doors while I wait for the all clear/guests at the lanes to leave. Then I lock the exit doors and then make it so the lock on the TM door locks from the outside but doesn't lock people in the building. I don't leave the door area until all the guests have left.

I think that a big risk to not lock the exit doors! I would mention it to AP!

Our TM door works like that as well. It's got a flippy handle on the inside to open it, but that latches automatically with no way to open from the outside, but it also has a deadbolt that's seperate. Some LODs will lock it at close, some will leave it so TMs can get out, which works just as well at keeping people out.

Sometimes if we need to bring in some carts they'll leave the entrance or exit doors open for a bit, otherwise they'll usually lock everything at close. It's always all locked before we go into 239.

Soft lines ninja I honestly would not partner with Ap unless he is a secretive AP. I've had ETL HR leaders blab confidential info I told them. Plus to keep you out of line of fire id just call the hotline. The etl will be put on a final unless he is hated. So the etl could make life at target very delightful if he found out who.

Last edited:
They should be locking the doors at closing and then re-opening them when people leave. They then have a certain amount of time to leave the building (Probably 30min depending on store size) before a alarm exception goes to AP/STL (bad). Just have your AP stay till close one night and make a comment to them about it. If the AP is good and actually doing his/her job then they will say something or bring it up to the STL. If all your higher ups suck, the just call the hotline.

Soft lines ninja I honestly would not partner with Ap unless he is a secretive AP. I've had ETL HR leaders blab confidential info I told them. Plus to keep you out of line of fire id just call the hotline. The etl will be put on a final unless he is hated. So the etl could make life at target very delightful if he found out who.
I won't give out why I know this, but ETL-AP definitely already knows this other ETL does this. If it doesn't change within a few weeks or so, I'll call the hotline. We do NOT need the exit doors to remain unlocked during Q4 or any night!

Oh I agree Ninja !!! Just be careful, even if it's wrong if you rat on someone who's liked it will reach the person's ear. The hot line you can just remind anonymous.

You could lock the exit doors. Your reasoning would be safety, that a guest stole all iPods, after sneaking in after your store had closed or to ensure the safety of the gstl with the box, when closing the lanes down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back