Archived LOG TL's - How many flow team members do you get per truck?

Status
Not open for further replies.

60SecondsRemaining

Former SrTL - Replen
How many flow and backroom TM's do you have scheduled per truck, and for how long?

I'm down to:

1 BR TM for 8 Hours
16-19 Flow TM's for 3.5-4 Hours.

Taking a small truck isn't terrible but anything about 1600 we never, ever, come clean on same day, since half the flow team I send to backstock so my backroom doesn't fall apart. Anything above a 1600 and it takes me 24 hours to finish the entire truck. My log counterparts in the district tell me: "at least you get the truck done within a day"

Just curious what everyone else is working with.

We get 2200-2600 piece trucks. We finally got staffed to 35 per truck. We were doing 20 per truck and not coming clean. Usually between 3-5 BR TMs.

I usually get 15-20 people with 2-3 BRTMs and our trucks are typically 2,000 - 2,600 cartons. Can usually come clean on push if I have 18 people but if I don't get the chance to filter people into the BR to help with backstock, then that's sometimes left over, minus the Blackline - I always ensure that Blackline is completed. When I run the truck, I usually pull an ETL shift - anywhere from 10 - 12 hours. Do you fill out the Executive Summary to see how long everything should take as well as challenge your team to pushing 60 - 100 cartons per hour when breaking out product? That's how I've increased productivity of my team.

We don't have black line, I'm a 730 push all. If I take a 2300 I'm pushing 2300 cartons. I'm not worried about productivity, just curious if anyone is finishing a truck in 3.5,hours with that many tms.

Rwt basically always says we will never finish. Its not accurate anyway because of the push all.

As a former ETL-LOG, I can tell you that the headcount you need is directly dependent on the time of your process, due to the amount of product you can or can't bowl. I ran a 4 AM process with 23 team members and could get even the largest 2600 piece trucks done by 8 AM. When I moved to 6 AM, I had 32 core flow team members PLUS my POG team of 6. That was what it took to complete a truck in 4.5 hours. As far as backroom is concerned, I always ran with 6 on truck days and 3 on non truck days. I also made them push for an hour on truck days as well. However, this was all with my STL allowing me to override the stupid myTime crap and use significantly more hours than what was allocated. We tried at first to run on their stupid schedule and it was a disaster. I ran by far the best work center in the store and she didn't want something we were doing well to fall apart because of their stupid scheduling system.

Haha nope, I just couldn't stick around to watch Target murder their processes, something we used to be known for. I also feel 6/7:30 AM logistics is the biggest mistake they ever made. Target guests DO NOT want to deal with stuff in the way. They'd rather have less people in red and khaki in the morning, in my opinion. Plus the fact that I was now expected to oversee flow, backroom, POG, pricing, instocks, and facilities with no pay increase and increased LOD shifts because our headcount was reduced? No thank you!! In my area, if you have logistics experience, you can get a job in a day. Wasn't worth sticking around anymore.

My store is a 4am push all. I always have 5 for the backroom (4-11) and around 25 for flow (4-8). Non truck days I have 3 for the backroom and 2 for flow, backroom helps push autofill. Today we took a 2500 and were just about finished by 8:45, just some pipo pallets left to push.

My store is a 6am push all. During a truckI have 4 in the backroom one being the tl. On flow we have 26 pushing but have to zone market and chemicals and complete all go-backs/re-shop as well. We always come clean with push but almost never with backstock. Backroom day team usually finishes the remaining during the day. Average truck size is 2500+.

Not an ETL, but we have 3-4 backroom tms (6am-2:30pm) and 21 flow tms (6am-9:30, 10, 10:45am). B volume pfresh, average truck size ~2500. We finish maybe half of our trucks.

As a 730 my stl does not want us to bowl anything, it ruins my efficiency.

I wish I had backroom day. I get 1 tm 7 to 4 and 1 mid 1 to 9.

Before Ae14 I had br-is and wrote my own schedules and we came clean every day in the backroom with 3. Since my time and 730 its been a struggle to stay clean. We manage but its difficult, constantly shifting priorities burns your team out quick

I used to run an O/N store - If I could get 15 flow and 5 backroom (including TL and myself), we could usually get our trucks done - anything up to 2700. A new STL would cut me down to 14 and 4 and we just fell apart - absolute train wreck. The 1st night wasn't back, but it snowballed quick. We had just started MyTime as I was leaving - I could get up to 16 on flow which was nice, but was expected to cut the team earlier - more people and less hours! Either way, 20 was the bare minimum for an 8 hour shift.

What I want to know is how the hell some of you are doing it based on what I'm reading in this thread... and what your processes are, exactly, because some of it sounds like bullshit with the truck sizes you're mentioning. I just had a visit with the regional SVP, and he was super impressed because he said that most flow teams aren't functioning on our level in terms of push accuracy, speed and cleanliness. That being said... my process is as follows.

PUSH ALL... 7:30 unload... 22 team members on flow... one BR TM in at 7:30, one at 9, a couple supports from flow after the truck (for 3 hours each)...

1700-1900 piece truck will take on average until 12 to 12:30 to finish the push + trash. Thats 4 and a half hours minus a 15.

BR team struggles to finish backstock pretty much daily... they are responsible for backroom SDAs, daily audit batch, any/all flexible fulfillment, all POGs, pull autofill and stage it for flow team, then backstock.

My unload takes roughly an hour and a half because we have been forced to sort the combo repacks on the line, which the DC has just totally fucking mixed up and thrown whatever the hell they wanted in whatever repack seemingly. I have 2 unloaders + 6 people total on the line for a total of 8... if the people in charge got their wish, my unload would take 5 hours... no, I'm not kidding... that was the direction given... take 5 hours on your unload and have the flow team out there perfecting the sales floor in each of their departments, which by the way is shit and impossible because there's no way that can be done daily with the allotted payroll.

But anyways... I'm working on a little over 300 hours per week with flow and 140 for backroom. On our non truck days, the backroom team has 1 person in the morning and 1 at night. Morning has same routines as truck days except they have to ALSO push the autofill instead of stage it.

What say you, TBR?

I run my process almost exactly like yours, except I get one backroom even on truck days, and about 18 flow for 4 hours, 730 to 1130. I rarely finish a truck now, because I protect my backroom by peeling off flow tms to backstock otherwise my stock room would explode

I'm an ETL-LOG for a chart 5 volume A store... we are overnight and I run with 2 TLs and myself. On any given truck my STL only allows me to have 15 (includes my TLs) on flow and 4 in the backroom for 8 hour shifts. I run an average of 6-7 trucks a week and they are never smaller than 2300 with an average of 200+ repacks. My push time is around 90+ hours a night and we are soley responsible for PTMing the seasonal areas. My STL does not want to know what the push times or what the executive summary says. I have 53' feet to unload push and backstock daily. Coming clean is not an option and any dayside residual backstock or CAF push my be completed before my team leaves. This means my TLs only work on average 3/4 days a week to ensure we mitigate OT issues. Counting down until I'm done this assignment.

I haven't been flow for 7 months, but I was a Flow TL for about a year.

They switched our super target to a 4a process and it's been blown straight to hell.

4 backroom TMs 4-10:15. So once Autos get pulled one immediately goes to receiving. Usually about 18-22 people for flow. Times vary from 4-9, 4-9:30, 5-11, 5-10:30. Trucks are rarely under 2,000 and repacks have to be separated for certain areas.

Needless to say coming clean has occurred very, very few times since the switch from O/N to 4a.

I haven't been flow for 7 months, but I was a Flow TL for about a year.

They switched our super target to a 4a process and it's been blown straight to hell.

4 backroom TMs 4-10:15. So once Autos get pulled one immediately goes to receiving. Usually about 18-22 people for flow. Times vary from 4-9, 4-9:30, 5-11, 5-10:30. Trucks are rarely under 2,000 and repacks have to be separated for certain areas.

Needless to say coming clean has occurred very, very few times since the switch from O/N to 4a.

I dread the day they decide to make my store switch from overnight to 4AM. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if it happens next year.

I'm an ETL-LOG for a chart 5 volume A store... we are overnight and I run with 2 TLs and myself. On any given truck my STL only allows me to have 15 (includes my TLs) on flow and 4 in the backroom for 8 hour shifts. I run an average of 6-7 trucks a week and they are never smaller than 2300 with an average of 200+ repacks. My push time is around 90+ hours a night and we are soley responsible for PTMing the seasonal areas. My STL does not want to know what the push times or what the executive summary says. I have 53' feet to unload push and backstock daily. Coming clean is not an option and any dayside residual backstock or CAF push my be completed before my team leaves. This means my TLs only work on average 3/4 days a week to ensure we mitigate OT issues. Counting down until I'm done this assignment.

I'm sorry but I've got to believe you're full of shit. Unless literally every single team member you have is an EX at a MINIMUM, there is no way you are getting your trucks done that quickly with any type of accuracy whatsoever.

You are accurately pushing 2500 piece trucks every day of the week on 90 hours of payroll a night for the flow team? Straight bullshit.

Wow - did you get any cornflakes this morning or was it a straight bowl of piss??

I could do up 85-90 hours on a regular basis and come clean - Spot bought my team a lot of dinners - but everything had to be going right. We couldn't afford call outs, bad days, sloppy trucks, etc. His situation is tough, but possible...when you cross over 100 hours on a regular basis (non-seasonal), you're in trouble.

I might've missed something but from what I read he said he has 15 flow people for 8 hour shifts, which includes the TL or TLs. That's more than 90 hours. Actually it's 120. Plus 32 for backroom.

My old store was getting 6-7 trucks/week in the 2000-2200 range with about 110/night in payroll. So it's possible.

what about the prfesh trucks ?? they are suppose to come out of Logitics Zone and we only get 2 people to push 1100-1400 piece pfresh truck.
Come on, we need about half of what you get for a GM truck, so give me 7 people please !!

I could do up 85-90 hours on a regular basis and come clean - Spot bought my team a lot of dinners - but everything had to be going right. We couldn't afford call outs, bad days, sloppy trucks, etc. His situation is tough, but possible...when you cross over 100 hours on a regular basis (non-seasonal), you're in trouble.

2500 piece trucks also? Explain your process. Because I don't believe it. And if you try to tell me it's a push all I'm going to turn my computer off promptly and die of laughter.

I don't work for Spot anymore, so you don't have to believe it - I don't care. I do still check in here from time to time to see what's new or help where I might have a little knowledge.

Our average truck was probably 22-2400 - occasionally we'd get in the high teens and rarely would get over 2800 - I think the high during my tenure was 3100 - I honestly thought the truck was 68 feet long. Old style store with two openings. We weren't a push all - that was only ULV stores from my understanding. BS off the truck would range from 400-800.

When I left - this was out set up...

4-5 in the BR doing pulls, truck backstock, and push backstock. They would usually come out and push for about 90 minutes taking care of babies and diapers.

2 people throwing the truck, 1 scanner, 2 on the backstock side, 3-4 on the push side of the line. eventually one person in the truck keeping the line moving down. 2 people pulling pallets. Team bowled after unload until 1st break.

1 TM in electronics/stationary. 1 in HBA working repacks and pulls and 1 in soft lines during unload breaking out pallets.

Unload goal was 60-90 minutes - usually in the 75 to 90 minutes frame.

After unload:

1 in electionics/stationary. 1 in HBA/cosmetics. 1 in SL hang and 1 in SL repacks. 1 TM would handle Blue side (toys, HIPA, sports)

Balance of the team was in the wave. HBA, Market, seasonal, home, domestics, chem, and pets. pulls were pushed as we moved...as we finished market, one person would start pushing the home repacks and one would go break out domestics.

one person would go do cardboard around 5am

I (ETL) would usually jump in the last aisle and push with that person to help keep the wave together.

Hey - it wasn't easy, but honestly - if we were under 90 hours, we could come clean...over 90 and we were challenged - it just depends on where the time was.

As we would get into BTS, halloween, and Q4 - we would move people around...2-3 on blue....1 person in seasonal all night - etc.

On a side note - your "passion" as you call it comes across like you're an A-hole.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back