Archived Logistics Query

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Laytex

Thread Derailer
Does anyone know if burning the morning autofills would affect the 12:00 CAFs? By burning I mean: Pull it, then toggle over and immediately backstock it. Just wondering because our 12:00 CAFs have recently jumped from 45/60 minutes, to 2 or 3 hours. After 12 the CAFs drop back down to normal (unless it's a truck day, but that's a whole other mess).

Does anyone know if burning the morning autofills would affect the 12:00 CAFs? By burning I mean: Pull it, then toggle over and immediately backstock it. Just wondering because our 12:00 CAFs have recently jumped from 45/60 minutes, to 2 or 3 hours. After 12 the CAFs drop back down to normal (unless it's a truck day, but that's a whole other mess).

Why would you burn the morning autofills in the first place?

Never thought about burning autofills. 98% of it goes out everyday which is why we never burn them.

Before you commence burning batches I would take care of other possible problems first:
Flow not pushing to the piece
Improper use of EXF
Not subt999 transition backstock
Instocks not properly scanning
Salesfloor ghosting (fake-tying) salesplans

Fix these problems first and you should see the batches go back down to normal. I'm not sure how burning batches really fixes anything unless you subt999 stuff that keeps populating the batches or stuff that comes back from the floor.

Maybe I no speak to clearly. I'm wondering if the 12:00 CAFs are huge because the morning crew is burning half the autofills.

I wouldn't think so, unless the system is pulling the same dpcis at 12 as it did in the morning. When it got pulled the first time the system thinks it is out on the floor, so the only ways it should pull more is if you sold enough to hit the trigger or if the original pull did not fulfill the system need, or if the accumulator is off for those dpcis and backroom did not subt999 them.

Well, it's Flow... I mean, we're lucky they're wearing pants. As far as Push goes I would say they might do an average job.
And Backroom doesn't/can't/won't subt999.

To further elaborate, burning batches should not necessarily affect other hourly CAFs. However, burning batches should make instocks batches much larger ( and a red outs and research w/location score as well!)

Even without using subt999 the accumulator will eventually even back out...until a transition, when it gets effed up once again.

I wouldn't think so, unless the system is pulling the same dpcis at 12 as it did in the morning. When it got pulled the first time the system thinks it is out on the floor, so the only ways it should pull more is if you sold enough to hit the trigger or if the original pull did not fulfill the system need, or if the accumulator is off for those dpcis and backroom did not subt999 them.

Oh well, thought I was on to something.

Don't get me wrong, it is very possible that burning the autofills is causing the 12s to be bigger. I was just giving some other reasons for why the 12s might be big. But like Leon said, most of our autofills are legit so it doesn't make any sense to burn them in the first place.

As far as I can tell, they're burning them to save time.
Inb4-It takes just as long to burn as it does to pull.
The instocks batches are large, there is no way I should be pulling 22 bags of dog food and have it all go out, and the Chemical aisles look like we're closing next week. I know that's what causes the instocks issue, well that and if people would push the stuff instead of taking it for a ride around the store and then throw a backstock clip on it.
Someone mentioned fake-tying. I think we had an issue with that the other day. Tried to push to an endcap and some other endcap was in it's place.

D.L. you have alot going on.....just sayin. You've mentioned many many possibilities. Research batches are big because your team is either A) burning the morning autofills, B)not fully pushing the autofills. The fake tying thing is the least of your worries unless you have a whole store of double and triple tied salesplanners. I could write a book on this stuff.

Well, it's Flow... I mean, we're lucky they're wearing pants. As far as Push goes I would say they might do an average job.
And Backroom doesn't/can't/won't subt999.

HMMMPH!! Offended! Our flow team beats the pants off all the other teams in our store plus we are better paid and get wayyy more hours!

Logically, Backroom AM TMs should want to pull as many and large Autofills as possible, to free up space for that day's backstock.

I just thought i would point out that alot of times things as simple as large instocka batches, lots of backstock from the truck, or lots of pulls in the noons are usually reflections of larger issues within the store

HMMMPH!! Offended! Our flow team beats the pants off all the other teams in our store plus we are better paid and get wayyy more hours!

I mean this with the most respect possible (and a whole lot of humor!), but if your guys were all that great they wouldn't work on Flow team. We (meaning me, I have trouble making friends for some reason) play this game. I take pictures of huge messes and then you have to guess who made it. The game is called Vendor or Flow team. These are the jokes, folks. If Target didn't exist, Flow team would be that chain gang on Cool Hand Luke. Hello? Is this thing on? Please remember to tip your waitresses...

Ahahahahahahahahahaha!!! Very funny. obviously you have no idea what's going on. Maybe you should work with flow team before you open your mouth. I guarantee you after a week you'll be beggin to go back to your workcenter.

Just a heads up... I worked flow for almost two years and I turned out alright! I find it funny that dayside people always are the first to throw stones at the flow team, but if they actually would take a few weeks to work truck, they would realize quick that it is not as easy as it sounds! Plus dayside does their fair share of mistakes too... whether they like to admit it or not!

Come on, you pick things up and put them down.

We had a 2900 piece truck the other night. In my store, 99.9% of dayside wouldnt stand a chance,and im not knocking them for the sake of dayside/overnight BS. Its just the truth, a lot of people complain about flow and o/n backroom, but its not as easy as most assume it is.

2 weeks ago we had a double. 4300 pieces. almost 20 pallets of blackline, plus floor backstock, after 13 hour pulls.

Oh, and being understaffed. Always fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back