Archived Long term disability

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone have any information about the long term disability. I signed up for it with my insurance plan, and may have to use it, but knows nothing about it. I'd rather ask here first than start with Calling TMSC

Long term disability is 3 to 6 months. The costs is worth it, because you never know what could happen to you medically. Short term is up to 3 months & no charge to you.
Welcome, btw.

What kind of questions did you have? I've never used Target's but I did benefits at my last job so I know the basics. You have to be out 3 months on disability before Long term disability kicks in. So if you don't have some kind of short term disability or sick days then you will be unpaid for the first 3 months. The benefits that you receive are not taxed as the cost paid through deductions were post tax deductions. I am not sure what the target level is but it is generally around 60% of what you were making on average for the previous year. The long term disability payments would also subtract any SS disability or workman's comp disability payments. So you would never make more than the percentage (60%?) through all types of payments combined that you receive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back