Archived Looking at the ad/cartwheel on the clock

Status
Not open for further replies.
We had an interesting conversation at break today.

At some huddles, the LOD will ask us what's in the ad this week or on cartwheel. And as usual, unless I have looked at the 3x5's on the salesfloor, I have no idea. Also, I don't use cartwheel.

Are we supposed to be taking work time every week to keep up on this? When I clock in, it's go time. Set POGs, push, put up signing, etc. Every minute counts.

They used to go over the ad at the daily huddle.
Does anybodies store still do this?
It seems to be the smart thing to do for folks who don't have cartwheel etc.

I do and no fucks are given about it. Informational reading. It is work related. I just don't tell what I put in my own cartwheel.

I always take the time on my phone to educate myself on whats in the ad. But after about 3 min I just end up looking at funny pictures for a min or two on the internet

The cartwheel/hot ad items should be posted on your VIBE board next to your time clock. Clock in, spend a minute reading whats on double dip or whatever the weekly focus is, then head to the floor.
Hahahaha.

Ours is down the hall, I have to hunt majorly for an ad to look at before I. Get to the lanes. This week - I haven't even made it thru page 4!

Yup! I don't carry a paper ad with me so I use my phone all the time to pull up numbers on something a guest is looking for.

I honestly I wish they'd let us know about the ads and specials every week. I guess it is my job to know the ads weekly, but sometimes I just dont have time or can't remember anything. Especially as a cashier, we're constantly asked by guests about certain specials and literally none of us know anything because we're not told about them. We always have to check the ads and that takes time from not only us, but the guests and the guests behind them. If I knew that for example if you buy [blank] of a certain item you'll get a $5 gift card then it would make the whole transaction easier. That's just my opinion I guess.

There should be an ad at every lane and when there is a break between guests, I want my cashiers to take time at some point to flip through it so they have some idea what is in there.
If we stand there looking at it, we get yelled at for not being out up front pulling guests back.

When you start work 12-4 on Sunday, there is no time to look. But hey, I'm there 10 minutes early and could read it if it was posted or easy to find near the time clock. It drives me crazy... At least post that double dip thing near the time clock.

But I do try to get thru it all the first day I work in a week... Rarely works out that way.

While I want my cashiers to be in front of the lanes, if they are flipping through the ad, I am just as okay with them staying back to take the time to do that as I would be with them being at their register checking out a guest. If they aren't letting you read the ad on the clock, they are missing a valuable tool for helping guests.

I know there are days when there is no time to look at the ad. But if my cashiers do have a few minutes, I encourage it.

That is what I don't get. No help in trying to know is in there, posting the cartwheel and ad highlights in a hall, nothing "sales driving" near the time clock at all. If there are issues, the expect the cashiers to tell one another. A simple note on our clipboard for things would go a long way - how hard is it to write, "check with me/_____ about the special 10% red card promo this week!"???

Apparently real hard. So I get beat up for not questioning my co-workers when I roll onto the floor in a backup situation... Who has tome for that??

Anyway. 3 more days.

I know there are days when there is no time to look at the ad. But if my cashiers do have a few minutes, I encourage it.
^This.
Back during my frontend tenure, I had my cashiers flip thru the ad so they'd be aware of giftcard promos, etc.
This was only if there was no zoning/stocking to do.
Better than them standing around reading gossip rags.

That is what I don't get. No help in trying to know is in there, posting the cartwheel and ad highlights in a hall, nothing "sales driving" near the time clock at all. If there are issues, the expect the cashiers to tell one another. A simple note on our clipboard for things would go a long way - how hard is it to write, "check with me/_____ about the special 10% red card promo this week!"???

Apparently real hard. So I get beat up for not questioning my co-workers when I roll onto the floor in a backup situation... Who has tome for that??

Anyway. 3 more days.

There is a 1-2 page summery of the AD/Cartwheel deals that your ETL-GE is supposed to print out on a weekly basis

When I go in on Sundays, I look through the ad at tsc (they put a pile of them out) and we usually keep one in the fitting room so I might take it there and flip through. Then I look at softlines and double dip in cartwheel. The app is on the iPods but you have to log in to even look through the cartwheel coupons, so I just use my phone. If I'm awake late at night Saturday/early Sunday, sometimes I'll flip through it on my iPad.

There is a 1-2 page summery of the AD/Cartwheel deals that your ETL-GE is supposed to print out on a weekly basis
There is something printed and posted in the hall, across from the ETL offices. It is where all the red/green stuff is.

One year later, and I'm telling ya - it's the strangest thing in our store. You'd not think you were in a retail location if you just went with the TSC area.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back