Archived Loud coworkers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you have coworkers who just have no inside voice at all? Have you ever said anything to them about it or just let them be?

There's one TM who is as sweet and nice as she can be. But she is LOUD. One day she was speedweaving and another TM who was back in domestics said she could hear her all the way back there. This job is my second job, so during the weekday when I'm there, I'm just not in the mood for the loudness at all. I have to resort to my "block out the world" survival tactic.

Yes! One of my fellow techs is super loud all the time. I know she must be somewhat aware of it because she lowers her voice when dealing with guests at the front of the pharmacy. Not only is she super loud, she never shuts up! Definitely an over sharer too. Sorry! Maybe this should have gone in the "to that one team member" thread ;)

Do you have coworkers who just have no inside voice at all? Have you ever said anything to them about it or just let them be?

There's one TM who is as sweet and nice as she can be. But she is LOUD. One day she was speedweaving and another TM who was back in domestics said she could hear her all the way back there. This job is my second job, so during the weekday when I'm there, I'm just not in the mood for the loudness at all. I have to resort to my "block out the world" survival tactic.
Does she say things that are inappropriate? or does she just go into too much detail?

I am sadly one of the people you despise. I am loud. Not deafening loud, but I have a hard time being quiet when I talk. I can't hear well.

My family has always been about 5 decibels above most folks.
My daughters and myself have to constantly turn our voices down.
We don't always realize how loud we are.
Projection come naturally.
Don't mean to annoy folks, but I'm sure it does to the more sensitive.

I am sadly one of the people you despise. I am loud. Not deafening loud, but I have a hard time being quiet when I talk. I can't hear well.
Well, that's a valid reason. This woman though, she's doing it because she likes to be the center of attention. It's very, very obvious.

You have a legitimate reason for being loud. My co-worker isn't hearing impaired. She's just obnoxious. Everything is always about her. She has to be the center of attention and one up everyone. If you've done it, she's done it better. Also, I have very sensitive hearing, so that probably makes it worse.

The loudest ones are always the ones that think it's okay to go on a red card tangent on channel 1 or talk for 2 full minutes to market about some random product they need brought to the lanes.

you would hate the backroom at my store. we don't speak loudly, but just yell random shit while working. I think it just helps us stay awake

You have a legitimate reason for being loud. My co-worker isn't hearing impaired. She's just obnoxious. Everything is always about her. She has to be the center of attention and one up everyone. If you've done it, she's done it better. Also, I have very sensitive hearing, so that probably makes it worse.
I have one of these. She agrees to come in early then bitches about it all day. Or asks for overtime then complains about the extra three hours or the eleven hour shift.

Fortunately my husband does security and double or triple shifts can be normal all year...she the minute she starts "I cabby believe I've got twenty hours and it's only Tuesday" I would tell her my husband did that his first shift of the week. Double twelve hour shifts...better known as all of Sunday. Only time she ever shuts up.

we have a sales floor TM with no inside voice. I heard him from two sections away once; I actually called over the walkie that I wanted to tell him a story about a guest we'd both encountered earlier and asked where to meet him, and was amazed by how far he actually was. unfortunately he also has a tendency to say somewhat negative things within earshot of guests (which for him is basically... the entire store). I try to gently suggest 'hey, maybe you want to be a little more chill saying stuff like that where guests can hear you,' but apparently he doesn't care. he also never gets in trouble for it, though I don't mind because he's a great TM otherwise.

I don't think so, but you're entitled to your opinion.

If you have a hearing problem or disability then it's understandable. You can't help it if you're loud since you have a hearing problem or disability.

I was by a mentally "slow" fellow on my lunch at food avenue the other day and he would just all of the sudden start singing very loudly. At first, I got annoyed but then I figured out that it wasn't his fault so I didn't give a shit. He can't help it that he's that way and me being mean to him is just going to make it worse. Best to keep quiet.

If you don't have a hearing problem or disability, then you are either ignorant or just like to be rude. Loud people annoy me because they don't understand that they're being annoying or they're denial. And then when you call them out at on it, it's war and you need to hold on for dear life. You also have to worry about what the noise offender looks like. If the noise offender is not white, then you have to decide "is this really worth it". Sometimes you just have to make a sacrifice and let people be annoying assholes. Hopefully, someone else will step up and confront them so you personally won't have to deal with drama.

I usually don't mind loud talkers in person. It's when they get on the walkie that drives me crazy. Seriously, if I can hear you from the other end of the store without a walkie, you certainly don't need to use that volume on the walkie.

you would hate the backroom at my store. we don't speak loudly, but just yell random shit while working. I think it just helps us stay awake
Nah, this is completely different. It's a way of getting through the shift. The loud coworkers I'm referring to are the attention whores.

I have coworkers who are hard of hearing. They don't yell. But I definitely understand someone losing control of the volume, if they don't hear well. I can be one of those loud guys with no hearing issues sometimes though. Especially when the stores not open, everything's quiet, and your voice projects from the front end to recieving lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back