Archived Maintaining coverage (benefits)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently enrolled in health and dental insurance benefits. Have been advised that I need to work at least 29.5 hours per week to maintain these benefits.

What happens if I fall below 29.5 hours one week due to limited hours being scheduled (but get enough hours the following week)? I have been fortunate not to have this issue (yet - knock on wood), but I'd like to prepare for it in case it happens. TMs I've spoken with at my store claim that hours can be brutally variable depending on the month, I can easily have 40 hours scheduled one week and less than 20 the next.

If in doubt, swap book can be your best friend. Even a cashier shift will keep your hours up!

As @JAShands stated, it's a rolling average. Since you want to keep your benefits, it's best to be proactive. In a week where you have over 30 hours and leadership asks you to extend, come in early, or pick up an extra shift, it's best to oblige. That helps to keep your hours well above 30 and gives you a layer of protection in case there's a period where you have multiple weeks of low hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back