Manually changing street date?

I had a question regarding street date on certain items. For example, say a CD, that can not be sold before street date, how would someone go about changing the street date so the computers would let us sell it beforehand? One of my ETL's said theres a way.. is this true?

I don't have any idea how to change street dates. But without moralizing, at this point, if you're bound and determined to have it, just steal it. I know I'll probably catch flack for saying that, but you seem determined. If you steal it, at least you'd save Target the fine and lessen the chance you leave a trail. We have counts wrong on cds all the time. We've had up to 4 tms and an ETL searching through the backroom for new releases we should have but can't find.

I'm not saying you SHOULD steal it. I'm not condoning it. But between the two options you are considering, you put yourself and the company in less jeopardy, in my opinion, by just stealing it.

There is no way unless the street date is incorrect. If it's incorrect you can mySupport it and they will remove it. The registers won't update fast enough when scanning the barcode, so they will add a override where you type the DPCI it will let you sell it until the registers properly update. This is why carton barcodes sometimes let you sell street dated products, because they most likely were not supposed to be street dated.

Lmao. , i had a team member fan girl out over the new bts cd's when they were in our cage.... they wanted to see one so i did, but then made sure to over exagurate putting it back in the shelf for the camera.

By the way, I’m sure whatever CD it is you’re looking for is already leaked somewhere online. If it’s in the backroom at Target, it’s probably been uploaded somewhere at this point.

IDK if OP is still around on our forum, but... my two cents...

1. Your AP may be "cool" with you just like I've been "cool" with our ETL-AP and TPS/TSS as in having a good working relationship where we talk, we have fun doing our jobs, and laugh at situations after they've happened. Though I would never do anything stupid or against policy, if I ever were to, I know it's their job to handle/investigate it and would expect nothing less of them. If they are willing to "look the other way" for any reason, then they're not truly good AP TMs and I'd lose respect for them.

2. "It's not a big deal," "it's not like I'm doing x-thing," "I've been here such a long time," etc. statements are exactly what I'd expect from seasonals and minors who haven't learned ethics or professional responsibility. If Target said, "hey, we're not selling this right now" then it's not to be sold - end of conversation. Your personal opinion as to what is and isn't "fair" or "significant" is irrelevant to the corporation, and anyone who attempts to manipulate (or otherwise indicates it could be possible to manipulate) a street date should be fired.

3. Your question was asked and answered. "Hey, can we change the street date?" — "No."
You can spare us the "you guys are so uncool" semantics and go push that U-boat of freight, okay?

Okay maybe you guys were right... For some reason my STL and AP were standing near the time clock near the end of my shift but got called to the front because somebody was apparently stealing.. on my way out they asked if I punched out already and I said yeah.. they gave each other a weird look? They both said see you tomorrow (I'm scheduled tomorrow) but with a smile so idk. Maybe I'm being paranoid. Honestly could this possibly be a raise? I've been asking for one for a while now?

IDK if OP is still around on our forum, but... my two cents...

1. Your AP may be "cool" with you just like I've been "cool" with our ETL-AP and TPS/TSS as in having a good working relationship where we talk, we have fun doing our jobs, and laugh at situations after they've happened. Though I would never do anything stupid or against policy, if I ever were to, I know it's their job to handle/investigate it and would expect nothing less of them. If they are willing to "look the other way" for any reason, then they're not truly good AP TMs and I'd lose respect for them.

2. "It's not a big deal," "it's not like I'm doing x-thing," "I've been here such a long time," etc. statements are exactly what I'd expect from seasonals and minors who haven't learned ethics or professional responsibility. If Target said, "hey, we're not selling this right now" then it's not to be sold - end of conversation. Your personal opinion as to what is and isn't "fair" or "significant" is irrelevant to the corporation, and anyone who attempts to manipulate (or otherwise indicates it could be possible to manipulate) a street date should be fired.

3. Your question was asked and answered. "Hey, can we change the street date?" — "No."
You can spare us the "you guys are so uncool" semantics and go push that U-boat of freight, okay?

I would hate to be fired for simply mentioning something to my AP guy. I didn't do anything against policy.. at least not yet. I'm nervous

Okay maybe you guys were right... For some reason my STL and AP were standing near the time clock near the end of my shift but got called to the front because somebody was apparently stealing.. on my way out they asked if I punched out already and I said yeah.. they gave each other a weird look? They both said see you tomorrow (I'm scheduled tomorrow) but with a smile so idk. Maybe I'm being paranoid. Honestly could this possibly be a raise? I've been asking for one for a while now?
Doubtful that it is a raise. AP has NOTHING to do with TM raises & reviews. SD, formerly STL, has very little to do with raises & reviews. It more likely that they know what you are wanting to do & they will probably be watching you; if they are not already watching you.

Doubtful that it is a raise. AP has NOTHING to do with TM raises & reviews. SD, formerly STL, has very little to do with raises & reviews. It more likely that they know what you are wanting to do & they will probably be watching you; if they are not already watching you.
Ugh someone else told me that they have to fire you while you are on the clock.. is this true? Is that why they wanted to catch me right before I clocked out? I'm so scared guys.. I swore the AP guy was not a narc but it's looking like $$ is more important than a friendship smh

They needed to know if you were still on the clock because they can’t have a “discussion” about anything with you if you are not on the clock.

Ps - I don’t think you are getting a raise.

They needed to know if you were still on the clock because they can’t have a “discussion” about anything with you if you are not on the clock.

Ps - I don’t think you are getting a raise.
But surely I'd get a warning first right? How do these things work? Is Target that cut throat that they would just fire you (even after working there for TWO YEARS) without a warning?

I might just call out tomorrow at this point. My coworker just told me that they called him in for a shift tomorrow because they have extra hours to give away... the shift is literally the same exact time as mine in my dept. Does the SD take apologies? If so, what should I say? I need this job

Ugh someone else told me that they have to fire you while you are on the clock.. is this true? Is that why they wanted to catch me right before I clocked out? I'm so scared guys.. I swore the AP guy was not a narc but it's looking like $$ is more important than a friendship smh
They do have to fire you while you are on the clock. Before you panic; it could just be a warning if you haven't actually done anything. All stores are not the same; the AP in my store takes this kind of thing seriously.

They do have to fire you while you are on the clock. Before you panic; it could just be a warning if you haven't actually done anything. All stores are not the same; the AP in my store takes this kind of thing seriously.
Should I ask AP tomorrow before I clock in if I'm in trouble? If he says yeah I'm not punching in

Back