Mask Patrol

No your cart wiper should just watch for people who aren’t wearing masks. In the mask training I think it said it’s better when team members ask guests to wear a mask because AP is considered to make the guest feel uncomfortable or something like that. I know it said not to get AP involved when someone refuses to wear a mask except in a extreme situation because it would just intensify a situation. No need for a ap tm when there is a cart wiper there anyways. If someone refuses to wear a mask there is a good chance they will say they are exempt and there isn’t anything we can really do. 99.9% of people will just wear a mask.

No your cart wiper should just watch for people who aren’t wearing masks. In the mask training I think it said it’s better when team members ask guests to wear a mask because AP is considered to make the guest feel uncomfortable or something like that. I know it said not to get AP involved when someone refuses to wear a mask except in a extreme situation because it would just intensify a situation. No need for a ap tm when there is a cart wiper there anyways. If someone refuses to wear a mask there is a good chance they will say they are exempt and there isn’t anything we can really do. 99.9% of people will just wear a mask.
Or maybe we could get someone with deescalation training and the authority to enforce our mask policy to do it? I'm sorry, but expecting someone to make our guests abide by store policy when they haven't the means to do so is utter horse shit.

It's all I do now as a TSS and there's no such thing as enforcement. I can offer a mask (can't mention that it's required, can't tell you how many times I've twisted myself around into saying not required just highly encouraged) and if a guest refuses or states they have a medical issue I just smile and say have a nice day. Tell me to eff off? Oh thanks I hope you have a great day.

The sign on the door says required but I can't say that. The wishwashiness is pointless and a waste of payroll and my time.

why can't you say that it's required. the overhead announcement literally says that it's required. i tell people that it's required all the time, so does my sd

that doesn't mean we enforce the requirement, but...

my store also says required and we use our state mandate as an excuse if there's pushback

my go to line is "hi if you're going to be shopping with us today, you do need to wear a mask. I have extras if you need one?"

Thankfully there is very little pushback at my store. People who forget are always so apologetic and grateful when we offer them a free one. We have a few "medical" guests but it is what it is. Really not worth the time or energy getting too upset about it IMO.

Thankfully there are very few guests without masks in my store, more often someone with it pulled down or riding below their nose. Had a lady the other day who needed my help with more than just a quick question and I had to ask her to pull her mask up. She was fine with it, sometimes I think people just don't think.

We have to send tss , our SD doesn't want us involved , but we can refuse service or provide a level of service that we feel comfortable providing. I will provide service at 15feet away.

I hate that "required" doesn't really mean anything. Seeing more guests without any mask at all, not just wearing it improperly.

I'm with others who have said they either ignore those guests or, if I can't because they approach me with a question, I back way up and ask them to cover their nose too.

There was a meme on FB yesterday that put it well - it's like we're all in kindergarten and never get to out for recess because there's always one or two kids ruining it for the rest of us. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Does your store have a Seasonal TSS for mask checking? How's that going?
My work has chilled out on it but we still require masks even though the mandate is over in my city. Florida is one of the best states to be in and I won’t stop people who don’t have masks on. 😁

Realistically I would never say that, it's just tough guy talk (in thought). Peeve big time are the lousy tail gating drivers and the potential for road rage. It happens everywhere. Safest method to shake them off is let them pass. Story on the news some testosterone saturated psychopath fired a couple of shots at a car on the highway. No one was hit but there was a minor accident. They caught the SOB. Hope he doesn't get a liberal judge, he should do 25 yrs in a fucking disgusting federal prison. Illegally owned gun, federal crime.

why can't you say that it's required. the overhead announcement literally says that it's required. i tell people that it's required all the time, so does my sd

that doesn't mean we enforce the requirement, but...
I couldn't tell you the last time I heard an overhead announcement about masks or not trying on clothes, maybe before Halloween? My district is making a point that all AP interactions are to be positive and not make guests feel uncomfortable. If someone complains about another not wearing a mask, sorry we can't make them. If someone refuses to wear a mask, alright have a great day!

My work has chilled out on it but we still require masks even though the mandate is over in my city. Florida is one of the best states to be in and I won’t stop people who don’t have masks on. 😁
One of the best states to be in? You mean like to get Covid? More than 5,000 new cases and 87 deaths were reported just today! That's more than 10 times more than my state while Florida's population is around 4 times higher than my state.

Back