COVID-19 Masks and gloves

Posting this here, as it looks like it was only in chat. Some folks recommended these masks as being cooler than other masks. I ordered a pack and they're due to arrive on Friday, but I'll try anything at this point. They say 1 time use, but I'm betting they could be hand-washed with a bit of soap for a few uses before they wear out. I'll post a review when I get them.

Got the masks today, and wore one for my 5 hour shift tonight. They will replace my cotton mask.

They are, indeed cooler and more breathable than the other types. Significantly so. They're not sexy, to be sure, and are pretty full-coverage, but it bothered me far less than the other mask. It took a little more time to get the wider "straps" adjusted around my ears (maybe 15 seconds), but once they were there the mask stayed put, did not chafe behind the ears and was hardly noticeable at all, to me. If you have a big head, they might be a little small, but you can stretch them out a bit to get a better fit. They probably will fog up your glasses if you have them, but you might be able to roll the top down to help with that, not sure.

I will try washing mine (hand wash, with my other masks), and see if it works for multiple wearings. . I don't think they'd stand up to machine washing, and definitely not machine drying (and aren't designed to, so that's fair).

DVR is going to be restaffing by the end of May.
We will be wearing masks at work for the foreseeable future.
One of the staff has a friend who makes masks and they are making us ones with the clear mouth covering so our deaf staff can read lips.
We are doing this carefully and not having clients who are sick or at risk come in.

they are making us ones with the clear mouth covering so our deaf staff can read lips.
I remember seeing an article about the college student who designed & made those:

Now that I've had to leave the confines of home and car and walk into a store I could use some advice. My hearing is questionable at the best of times and 6 feet plus muffled mask means a lot of "what?", head turning (better ear) and pure guessing. Anyone here have mild hearing loss and figured out a solution? Distance means the usual tricks are useless and loss of enunciation through fabric makes it worse.

I use safety pins linked to the 2 elastic bands then slip it on over my head and elastic/safety pins by pass my ears. It’s more comfortable to wear the mask all day long.

What if I turned my head away from you, would you step closer? I really do hear a lot better out of my left ear (even though it does have hearing loss) and there are times during normal life I will turn my face completely away so the person's mouth is aimed straight at my ear.

I also have hearing loss in my right ear and turn my head to understand better. And I get that there are times when one has to ask a salesperson a question, but during this craziness my shopping trips have been as short as possible and I don't speak to anyone - hell, I barely breathe, let alone open my mouth to talk!

While I personally would not feel comfortable removing my mask, I would absolutely open up my phone or get paper and write what I needed to say.

I also have hearing loss in my right ear and turn my head to understand better. And I get that there are times when one has to ask a salesperson a question, but during this craziness my shopping trips have been as short as possible and I don't speak to anyone - hell, I barely breathe, let alone open my mouth to talk!
I went to two pharmacies, so not speaking wasn't an option.

One of my coworker's teenage daughter is in the spectrum and has been having a real hard time with this whole situation.
Her mom was was telling us about how stressed out going out of the house making her.
Wearing a mask was causing some real texture issues and making her daughter really uncomfortable.
I remembered that her kiddo had cosplayed as Himiko Toga last year.
I asked if she still had the costume and if so why not wear it.
I guess it worked and now she goes out looking like this.

58113812_552654438473820_5544127718064713808_n-5764.jpg

I wear a disposable mask at work. When i get home I immediately disrobe, placing my clothes in a laundry bag separated from the rest of the family. I then take a shower. At home I wear a mask in the house when I am within 6 feet of my son or girlfriend.
This is not a joke. Wear a mask to help protect me and my family. Do all your shopping in one trip, come back when you must, not just to hang out or make a daily trip.
The start of the second wave will be delayed until symptoms start after places open back up. This will last a long time. We may be wearing masks until next year

My earlobes are a week away from turning black and falling off... literally where TF is my vaccine at
Do you have a friend who knows how to crochet? Super simple to make a band with a small amount of cotton yarn and two buttons - goes behind your head, from loop to loop. I found the pattern on the internet, but could type it out for you here if that would be useful.

I wear a mask at work because I'm required to. When I leave, I wash my hands. I talked with my dad who lives with me, he said that's all he expects from me. I told him if he felt safer staying at my sister's house, who is furloughed, that was his decision. He said no.

One of my coworker's teenage daughter is in the spectrum and has been having a real hard time with this whole situation.
Her mom was was telling us about how stressed out going out of the house making her.
Wearing a mask was causing some real texture issues and making her daughter really uncomfortable.

That's a great idea. If I had previously cosplayed any character with a mask, I'd be doing the same.

Some of the people from a steampunk convention I attend have posted about wearing their plague masks for their grocery trips. :D

I want houka inumutas coat.

4bce5eee49dbd666a0c86fa933265cadbb8b24ear1-500-270_00.gif

Back