Archived Meal break question

Status
Not open for further replies.

defang

Self Checkout's Worst Nightmare
Hey guys, just a quickie question today. Is leaving the building/premises allowed during a meal break? I'm not really feeling like microwaved goodness at Food Ave...

ya for a 30 minute break you can leave just make sure to be back on time, and if you have keys leave them in a locker so you dont set off the door alarms

Because you punch out for meals, you are allowed to leave Target property. Just make sure you get back in time to punch in on time. If it's only a 15-min break, you have to stay on Target property because you're on the clock.

If you are a dayside TM after you clock out for your 30 minute lunch, you can do whatever the heck you want. If you are on your 15, you cannot leave Target property. You can sit at the picnic tables or benches if there any. Sit in your car. But you cannot leave the property. Even if your store is in a shopping center or mall, going into another store it is deemed leaving the property.

Nightside TMs must remain in the store unless the TL/ETL lets TMs outside for breaks.

Nightside TMs must remain in the store unless the TL/ETL lets TMs outside for breaks.

This. At my store, the overnight teams break together so that anyone who needs to go outside can go out at the same time. In between, the building is armed, so the ETLs don't want to unarm the building more times than they have to.

This. At my store, the overnight teams break together so that anyone who needs to go outside can go out at the same time. In between, the building is armed, so the ETLs don't want to unarm the building more times than they have to.

concider yourselves lucky, our store wont let anybody out of the building till our shifts are over for overnight, we have a handfull of smokers who bring it up at every chat session and were told its company policy for safety which then they argue that theres safety in numbers and others want to go out just for some fresh air

When my store was overnight we had a lot of people who apparently were never explained that they couldn't leave the building till the alarm was down. Smokers were quitting left and right and exiting through the emergency exits.

My store does this, plus everyone who leaves must come back together, too. An ETL will usually open a checklane at the start of our 30 too, so we can just buy lunch/snack/whateveryoucallyourovernightmeal in-store if we want to.

I've always been told that we can because we're off the clock-- not Target's responsibility.

The store where I worked didn't open the doors at lunch. Then again, it was a paid lunch break. We clocked out only so the store could prove that we were given a lunch.

I think target's policy about being able to leave the store for meal breaks overnight varies state to state. It may be worth looking at a team member handbook over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back