Archived Meal Violations?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedSpotTM

Target Enthusiast
Hey everyone,

Can I get someone to explain to me the procedure on taking meal breaks? During orientation, they really stressed about people needing to remember to take full 30 minutes meal breaks at the start of the 5th hour of their shift.

So if I want to avoid a meal violation, I should try to clock out several minutes prior to meal break time? When should I clock back in? A minute after the 30 minutes time period?

RedSpotTM

Clock out for your meal BEFORE your 5th. Though I believe the rule changes state by state. Take your lunch at the myTime appointed time, as (supposedly), it takes into account all other TMs and makes sure that the entire salesfloor doesn't take their lunch at the same time.

Clock out for your meal BEFORE your 5th. Though I believe the rule changes state by state. Take your lunch at the myTime appointed time, as (supposedly), it takes into account all other TMs and makes sure that the entire salesfloor doesn't take their lunch at the same time.

Thank you! What is the time limit to clock back in after a meal break? On the 30 minute point or after? Suppose I took a meal break at 12:30PM. Would I need to clock back in at 1:00PM or 1:01PM?

Usually if you clock out for lunch the time clock wont let you punch back in until your thirty minutes are done.
So it'll tell you when you can punch in.

If you are in a state where if you work 6 hours, you are required to take a 30 minute lunch. Target takes it step further in order to prevent state meal violations, Target requires TMs to clock out before they hit their 5th hour. You can clock back in when your 30 minutes up.

If you store doesn't practice this technique, I would advise it. In a shift that is 6-7 hours, take your unpaid 30min lunch first then your paid 15min break. 7+ hours or more, just try to get it before the 5th. You might need to remind your TL to release you to go on your lunch before hitting compliance. Its both your and TL's responsibility to go on lunch at the proper times.

But it ultimately depends on your work area and TL's breakout scheduling.

Check near the time clock for a sheet that tells you when you should return. Sometimes the clock can be down and will let TMs clock in before their 30 minutes. You're supposed to take a 31 minute lunch to avoid compliance. The sheet is a great guide so you know when to come back. Most of the time the time clock will do all of the thinking for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back