Archived Meat Dairy Frozen Coolers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay I gotta ask, is it just my store, is it across all Targets but what the living hell are wrong with these coolers? It feels like every month one of these coolers has an issue, whether temping too high, power outage or something. I’ve never seen anything like this in my entire life....

How can you effectively run a business if you constantly have to demerch your product every month or every other month. I get it, shit happens. But I’ve seen an issue with these coolers at least 5x in the last 3-4months.....

And it feels like all they do about is just “band-aid” it instead of actually resolving the issue...so it’s probably going to keep happening again and again....ugh

That post is about a reset....that’s not what I’m talking about all....I’m confused as to why you posted that link? I’m referring to mechanical malfunctions, coolers loosing power...coolers not properly cooling at right temp...but I guess by the lack of responses means I’m the only store going through this dilemma 😪

I just had to put in another work order for the freezers that keep leaking water on the salesfloor. We have had this problem for months. Multiple trchnicians have come out, yet we still have orange absorbent snakes all over the freezer section on the floor. I feel your pain

My store had constant problems, too, especially leaks. Seems like there was always a line of paper towel rolls in front of the yogurt and cheese fixtures soaking up the leaks. The guests used to complain about “wasting all those paper towels”. Once a whole line of sales floor freezers broke down and everything had to be taken to the back and staged in the walk in freezer. Every TL in the store was working on moving the food out. What a mess, and of course the guests complained about that, too, because we were getting in their way when we were trying to get everything moved before it spoiled.

That post is about a reset....that’s not what I’m talking about all....I’m confused as to why you posted that link? I’m referring to mechanical malfunctions, coolers loosing power...coolers not properly cooling at right temp...but I guess by the lack of responses means I’m the only store going through this dilemma 😪
I am sorry. That you were talking the reset in market. Cooler issues are common events for my store since day 1.

We don’t have those kinds of problems, but I have four doors of ice cream that frost up the tubs. My PML has been trying to solve that for months.

Main problem is that preventative maintenance isn't completed. We should be getting in and cleaning the fans in the coolers once a month. Unfortunately in most cases there is too much to do and not enough people to do it that tasks like cleaning get thrown to the wayside pretty quickly. The easy thing to look out for with the coolers is making sure nothing is blocking the vents. Ive had label strips fall in between and cause the coolers to go out of temp because there was no airflow

Okay I gotta ask, is it just my store, is it across all Targets but what the living hell are wrong with these coolers? It feels like every month one of these coolers has an issue, whether temping too high, power outage or something. I’ve never seen anything like this in my entire life....

How can you effectively run a business if you constantly have to demerch your product every month or every other month. I get it, shit happens. But I’ve seen an issue with these coolers at least 5x in the last 3-4months.....

And it feels like all they do about is just “band-aid” it instead of actually resolving the issue...so it’s probably going to keep happening again and again....ugh

Holy hell I'm so glad I can find someone here that can relate to my stress level the last few months...

It all began in July when in the course of three closing shifts two of my coolers went down. One was the ice cream cooler, one was an open air deli cooler. We had to de-merchandise both coolers and put everything in the cooler and freezer, respectively. At one point the ice cream cooler was "fixed" and we put everything back only to have to take it back out the same day.

What complicates this even further... I am at a small format so the coolers aren't that big so trying to put vehicles worth of product in there was, well, not fun. When the refrigeration techs came in they couldn't fix anything because the coolers needed parts that were only available from Europe, which took several months of approvals to get so I had to get creative in merchandising our ice cream (we have one freezer endcap so I had to put it there...)

Finally in the last three weeks it was fixed, but we lost so many sales because we didn't have our usual huge selection of ice cream during the hottest month of the year.

Holy hell I'm so glad I can find someone here that can relate to my stress level the last few months...

It all began in July when in the course of three closing shifts two of my coolers went down. One was the ice cream cooler, one was an open air deli cooler. We had to de-merchandise both coolers and put everything in the cooler and freezer, respectively. At one point the ice cream cooler was "fixed" and we put everything back only to have to take it back out the same day.

What complicates this even further... I am at a small format so the coolers aren't that big so trying to put vehicles worth of product in there was, well, not fun. When the refrigeration techs came in they couldn't fix anything because the coolers needed parts that were only available from Europe, which took several months of approvals to get so I had to get creative in merchandising our ice cream (we have one freezer endcap so I had to put it there...)

Finally in the last three weeks it was fixed, but we lost so many sales because we didn't have our usual huge selection of ice cream during the hottest month of the year.

Okay yes!!!! I know I shouldn’t be cheering for others misfortune but I’m just glad I’m not the only one.
Cheese coolers went down, and right after that dilemma, we had to replace our meat cooler to the new black ones, which is fine, but that’s a lot of product not on the shelf missing a lot of potential sales. But then the company that was installing the new ones took much longer than expected so we were out of a meat cooler for an additional day.

After it was all good a week later it was temping too high so we had to demerch all of fresh meat. And when we put it back we had to prepare for Hurricane Dorian craziness at the time. So Target decides to send us 12 dairy pallets, 10 frozen the day before our store was scheduled to be closed for like two days 🙄and as soon as we came back from that a week later Frozen coolers went down during our good and gather set so we were so short staff it was just an unbelievable stressful moment.

This area has been a rough learning experience with all these random chaos lol

Yea we got the new black ones for our meat section and it constantly goes out of temp at least once every two weeks.
Ours leaks. The vacuum system shakes the pipes so hard they crack.
Our meat wall temps in temp, but if you check the meat that is on the shelf I’ll put good money on the products being 38-40° instead of down near freezing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back