Archived Medical Insurance

Status
Not open for further replies.

pellinore

Life sucks and nothing good can come of it.
Currently my average hours have different numbers my paycheck says that my average hours is 30.74, but on mytime my weekly hours are listed as 33.
Which is the number they go by for qualifying for health insurance?

Also, at what point in time is the cut-off date for insurance?
I thought that the hours were counted March through February.....but one TM says that the hours are counted by calendar year. Which one is it?

If my average hours are my paycheck hours (30.74) what do I do to make sure that I don't get screwed out of medical insurance? I mean, if my average hours (with calendar year) ends up being 29.6 does that mean that I don't qualify? Or is there some discretion with HR?

I have to have insurance and I want to know what I might be in for if my hours dip below 30.......especially when there are TMs who are getting 40 hours a week because they are SFS? As cashiers the hours vary quite a bit from week to week.....some 20 some at 26. I'm afraid that I might lose out on insurance.

At the moment there are very few shifts on our swap board....many days with no shifts at all....so it is not like I can be assured that I can get extra shifts.

So, anyone know these answers or know what I need to do?
Our ETL-HR had her last day this weekend and it doesn't sound like they are planning to replace her any time soon.....especially since we're losing our STL, too.....so all the more reason for me to clarify how these hours are figured out.

I am quite concerned about this issue and I don't need the stress from the unknown.......help!!

if you ever have any benefits questions, just go straight to calling the Target Benefits Center (800-828-5850) who handles everyone's benefits in the company. They specialize in benefits whereas your store HR only has basic knowledge of it. Thanks hrlady

From the target pay and benefits site.
WHEN AM I ELIGIBLE FOR BENEFITS? 2018
As a Target Stores Team Member, you are eligible for:
At date of hire:
 Team Member Discount
 Team Member LifeResources
 Business Travel Accident
At 6 months* if you average 19.5-29.49 hours per week:
 Vacation
 Sick Hours (CA, NJ, NY, RI and locations where legislated)
 Bereavement (Funeral) Pay
At 6 months* if you average 29.5 hours or more per week:
 Vacation
 Sick Hours (CA, NJ, NY, RI and locations where legislated)
 Short-term Disability (team members in California, New York, New Jersey and Rhode Island have disability insurance through their state
Disability Program, not through Target’s Short-term Disability Plan)
 Bereavement (Funeral) Pay
 Personal Holidays
 National Holidays (Thanksgiving and Christmas)
 Well-being Time
Additional benefits at 12 months* if you average 19.5-29.49 hours per week:
 Supplemental Medical (Accident, Hospital Indemnity, Critical Illness)
 Dental (coverage for Spouse/DP available in Basic Dental Plan only)
 Daycare Flexible Spending Account (Daycare FSA)
 Identity Theft Protection
 Group Legal Plan
 Adoption Reimbursement
 Life Insurance (Company Paid, Supplemental, Spouse/Domestic Partner and Dependent Life)
 Paid Parental Leave
 Long-term Disability
Additional benefits at 12 months* if you average 29.5 or more hours per week:
 Medical
 Supplemental Medical (Accident, Hospital Indemnity, Critical Illness)
 Dental
 Vision Eyewear Plan, available with medical enrollment
 Life Insurance (Company Paid, Supplemental, Spouse/Domestic Partner and Dependent Life)
 Paid Parental Leave
 Long-term Disability
 Health Care Flexible Spending Account (Health Care FSA)
 Daycare Flexible Spending Account (Daycare FSA)
 Identity Theft Protection
 Group Legal Plan
 Adoption Reimbursement
*See the “Initial Benefits Eligibility Calculation” section.
WHO IS NOT ELIGIBLE FOR BENEFITS?
Please see your Summary Plan Description (SPD) for information regarding who is not eligible for benefits.
WHAT ARE SUMMARY PLAN DESCRIPTIONS (SPDS)?
SPDs are the primary reference for information about your Target Benefits. SPDs are the documents that summarize each of the benefit plans for which you are eligible or will become eligible. They will be available to you when you become eligible for the plans. Target will provide updates annually, if needed, to keep the SPDs current.

So it looks like I will qualify for continued health benefits with an average of 29.5 hours.
I will call TMSC to confirm how many hours I'll need to continue my coverage for 2018-2019.

Thanks!

Now I just need to print this information out to have it available.
It says we have National Holidays....Thanksgiving and Christmas. So, can a person actually refuse to work on Thanksgiving day? (Forget the extra pay.....I'm just curious.....).

Now I just need to print this information out to have it available.
It says we have National Holidays....Thanksgiving and Christmas. So, can a person actually refuse to work on Thanksgiving day? (Forget the extra pay.....I'm just curious.....).
If you have approved no availability on thursdays mytime won’t drop you in and they cant force you to work AFAIK

Also most ETLs at least at my store would work with you if you said look I can work all these other days but I really don’t want to work thanksgiving

HLM......on the target pay and benefits web site....what do I look for to find what you've got listed above?

If you have approved no availability on thursdays mytime won’t drop you in and they cant force you to work AFAIK

Also most ETLs at least at my store would work with you if you said look I can work all these other days but I really don’t want to work thanksgiving
My store will tell you that availability does not apply to thanksgiving and it’s weekend.

National Holidays just means you'll get paid holiday bonus. It does not mean you can refuse to work. You can ask for time off, you can C/O or NCNS and face the consequences...but if you're scheduled you're expected to show up. My store is very strict about that. Last year we had a TM who decided to test us. He called out Thanksgiving, Black Friday, Saturday and Sunday. He was termed right afterwards.

HLM.....while I found the information once, I haven't been able to locate it again. I want to make a printout to show HR so she knows that 29.5 hours is eligible.

I'm not sure if there was some kind of an update since I looked before....help! OK.....somehow i managed to find it this time.......thanks anyway!

HLM.....while I found the information once, I haven't been able to locate it again. I want to make a printout to show HR so she knows that 29.5 hours is eligible.

I'm not sure if there was some kind of an update since I looked before....help! OK.....somehow i managed to find it this time.......thanks anyway!
Use your paydate stub showing average hours.

Yes, my average hours is 30.46....which is why I was looking to find what the official number of hours is in order to keep insurance....I was worried that the number was 30 and I was not sure if I'd make the cut off and have insurance, now that I know that it is 29.5 I know I will be safe.

After reviewing this I find a little irony to my questions....because two days after my last post Target fired me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back