Archived Metrics are wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.
I work in a small volume store but we carry our own, and exceed expectations. The problem is cashiers and 1 cart attendants are now making the same as the old logistics team. the payroll is still working on the old system. So hours are cut massively, and soft- lines at taking hours because this is like the 4th quarter for them. Why is target using a system that is set up to fail ? I have nothing against cashiers , etc but corporate has to realize under a new system some hours should be allocated to the grunts or a complete revision of this pay roll to store allocation will not work, it needs to be completely overhauled. Sort of like in sports where you want to keep teams in small markets yet the big teams subsidized them to a point. I just do not understand how high paying executives get away with this, how can you roll out a new program with-out thinking about consequences ? I'm a vet but never had a golden parachute....really!

I work in a small volume store but we carry our own, and exceed expectations. The problem is cashiers and 1 cart attendants are now making the same as the old logistics team. the payroll is still working on the old system. So hours are cut massively, and soft- lines at taking hours because this is like the 4th quarter for them. Why is target using a system that is set up to fail ? I have nothing against cashiers , etc but corporate has to realize under a new system some hours should be allocated to the grunts or a complete revision of this pay roll to store allocation will not work, it needs to be completely overhauled. Sort of like in sports where you want to keep teams in small markets yet the big teams subsidized them to a point. I just do not understand how high paying executives get away with this, how can you roll out a new program with-out thinking about consequences ? I'm a vet but never had a golden parachute....really!
I’m confused. Are you unhappy about the workload distribution or compensation?

Does not matter about store modernization.....it's about mid-sized management at the top... I can't understand how high price execs try to implement plans that are set up to fail yet when it does come crashing down they take a nice cut and move on to destroy a new company. There has to be accountability wtf!

Does not matter about store modernization.....it's about mid-sized management at the top... I can't understand how high price execs try to implement plans that are set up to fail yet when it does come crashing down they take a nice cut and move on to destroy a new company. There has to be accountability wtf!

Those at the top aren't thinking about employees or customers, it is, always has been, and forever will be, shareholders. It might be failure on the store end, but some MBA somewhere figured this would show the best numbers.

Even our us govt has checks and balances, that's how they find ppl paying 5000 bucks for a screw driver, it all starts at the top and rolls down the hill, I'm just saying it is what is is but feedback means nothing, just look at this web-sites poll on modernization. No one is held a accountable instead they take big bucks and move on and that is the problem !!! It all starts at the corporate level....kings and queens ..we just the pawns in their game

I am upset because when I started at target years ago it was a team effort, if a brother or sister got slammed and needed help, that is what you did, no questions asked. Now if I try that I will be micro- managed into hell because I'm a dbo and no one else matters anymore. No more team work or helping newbies, your on your own, my etl is just following orders but the team work is gone and that is why the new system will fail. Because you own an area but can't help your fellow team mates yet. I think the whole plan will be scrapped as the days get closer to black Friday lol.

Look, I'm going to explain this to you. I gave it a great deal of thought when I used to work for Target.

Here's what happens with almost all large corporations that get publicly traded.

Either the founder retires or dies... or the person that most primarily led the company to its highest highs retires or dies off... the visionary, if you will... and then you have people start to take over and call the shots when they have no care in their hearts for putting out great products and services. They are beholden to the shareholders and their only concern is short term profit. Sure, a lot of them get up there and talk about pretending to care about being competitive long term, but their actions rarely line up with their mouths. Do you honestly believe that Brian Cornell truly gives a flying fuck about if Target is around in 30 years or not? Hell. No. All he cares about is short term profitability and making his bonuses as fat as possible.

Basically what I'm saying is... if you work for a company that is really successful and the person most directly responsible for that success dies or retires, it's time for you to start job hunting. It won't fall apart over night, it'll most likely be a slow twisting knife, like Target has been for roughly 11-12 years.

Publicly traded companies almost inevitably always go to shit once the primary success driver is no longer part of the scene.

Why should frontend be paid less? I never got that.
Me either. The fact that they have to deal with all of the guests should qualify them for hazard pay. Plus it’s not like they can see a Karen or Susan coming and duck in the backroom.

Tell me about it. How are we supposed to develop a TM to have the responsibility of what is expected but only give that TM 16 hours a week? As if it's their only job lol. Idc I'm on a bitching rampage lately. You cant expect someone to care if the job doesnt provide near the same amount of care back. It just doesnt work that way with people.

less physically demanding work. was the reason given to us but ASANTS
I’m always more sore on the days I have to stand in one place and cashier than for literally any other shift I’ve done in the last three years. Including softlines sort (old and new way) or POG. If cashiering was easy all of the Leaders would do it lol

less physically demanding work. was the reason given to us but ASANTS

Yeah, that works. Until there is a carryout for a bunch of furniture and no one responds to calls for help. Then, it's the front end figuring out how to do it on their own while Karen is standing their bitching about how long it takes to go find an empty flat, bring it to the front, load it up and fit all the crap in her Honda Civic.

I've worked on the floor. I've worked at the front. I'd give the bonus pay to the front end before the salesfloor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back