Archived Milk clean-up in G7...

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, who's gotten hit with the gallon smashing idiocy yet?

*raises hand*

Haha, I saw that from a Cart Attendant on facebook, and on the News. If you see one of these idiots doing that, be sure you punch them in the stomach. Hard.

That's horrible, greatteam. :(

Ironically, one of our Market TM's thinks gallon smashing is HILARIOUS and has been telling everyone about it; that's how I first heard about it. I'm gutted it wasn't his night to close today so he could clean the mess up and wipe that smile off his face. :p I bet he wouldn't think it was so funny then.

I feel so totally out of touch on this one.
What is the funny?
Is it the falling down, the busting jugs of milk, the potential slip and falls?
Most of the time I can tilt my head a bit and see what at the edges of funny but I'm just not getting it on this one.
Can I get some help?

We got an email about it, I only glanced at it and didn't pay much attention. I will read it tomorrow and see if it has anything good.

a few days ago we had that happen. only it wasn't in g block, it was in one of the larger main aisles. fun fun.

I saw it on YouTube. Search it under gallon prank. I was not too happy. If they come to my store, look out. I will make fill a guest incident report to record your name. Then, give the info to ap to review...

Yeah, I just watched the video on YouTube and it makes me angry. What a waste of product, plus someone has to clean up their mess.
AP would not tolerate this at my store...

I don't get how it is funny. It's such a waste and most people don't think about the people who have to clean it up! I'd seriously lose my "crap" if anyone does this in my store...or any store.

Our store got hit last night 10 minutes before closing, AP got their face and License Plate # and is supposedly going ahead and pressing charges. I just find the whole situation stupid, how is smashing milk funny?

Our store got hit last night 10 minutes before closing, AP got their face and License Plate # and is supposedly going ahead and pressing charges. I just find the whole situation stupid, how is smashing milk funny?

Agreed. Hopefully if word gets out that people are being charged for this that it will stop. The freaking news played it off as a cute prank that MIGHT be a legal gray area. So of course everyone is doing it now....

Yeah, I'm expecting that gallon smashing is going to die fast now that more people are aware of it and will view any spillage of liquid in stores with a very suspicious eye. People are no longer going, "Oh my goodness, are you okay?", they're saying, "Uh huh. Yeah.".

AND since more stores are becoming aware and are getting these people on record with incident reports and whatnot, the novelty is going to wear off fast.

Apparently an email went around that my TL saw that said corp wants us to file incident reports for all of these "pranks" so we can at least get their name and contact info on record and hopefully cause them more hassle than they'd care to have.

The problem is that even if such gallons are damaged, the store doesn't get hit on it. Its a vendor item that gets scanned as a chargeback. It only profits the store when its scanned at register, if not its return to the vendor. I work in dairy and we usually get a lot of out of dates and broken milks off delivery. It happens. Yes, its a mess to clean up.

We must have gotten hit last week. I came across a team member *****ing that someone must have spilled an entire gallon of milk in dog food. I didn't realize it was a "thing"

The problem is that even if such gallons are damaged, the store doesn't get hit on it. Its a vendor item that gets scanned as a chargeback. It only profits the store when its scanned at register, if not its return to the vendor. I work in dairy and we usually get a lot of out of dates and broken milks off delivery. It happens. Yes, its a mess to clean up.

Waste is waste. Store may not pay for it, but somebody does.

I have heard about it why isn't AP on it since could be viewed as criminal damage depending on how you look at it and depending on the cameras couldn't they see it??

For the love of.... this another face palm moment on this forum. From the guy who said this is "stealing" to saying it "might" be a criminal charge.

It is called vandalism people. That is the offense.

Yes, it is an offense almost any place in the country. The problem? It is usually a misdemeanor subject to a small fine. (Like $50, obviously the amount varies by locality)

Most cops are not going to hunt down people to give them a small dollar ticket. Hell, in my city the cops won't even hunt down people if you have a warrant for some felonies.

Sadly most of these punks are going to get away with it. All we can hope for is the novelty wearing off soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back