Archived Misplaced priorities

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's been in the 90's here all week. But Thursday, I watched one ETL, one SrTL, and a market tm work on pushing apple cider and remerchandising the fruit area for over 2 hours. I overheard the ETL say if was because she had to send a picture to someone. I assume someone at the district level.

This is all fine and good. But, the water wall that has the gallon jugs of water was empty all day Thursday. Empty. On a 95 degree day. No distilled or purified gallon jugs of water.

I finally had some free time about 15 minutes before I left Thursday. I walked to the back and found 3 full pallets of water. I pushed 3 cases of each kind.

Friday, I happened to walk by again before we opened. Empty. 10am, empty. Noon, empty. 230pm, empty.

Meanwhile, not one jug of apple cider sold.

But that's okay ..... I guess.

I would have brought all 3 of those pallets up to the front of store on Thursday and left them there with 7x11 price point signs. And then, because I have email, would have emailed all the leaders letting them know I boosted those water sales based on the current weather and actual business needs.

I would have brought all 3 of those pallets up to the front of store on Thursday and left them there with 7x11 price point signs. And then, because I have email, would have emailed all the leaders letting them know I boosted those water sales based on the current weather and actual business needs.
This is an example of driving sales, something that Target should be doing.

If I say anything or bring it up, all I'll get is ... well, why don't you fill it then? This would be from the same people who write up a task list saying stuff like ... change the last pricing digit from an 8 to a 9 on B37.

And this kind of thing is a lot of why I don't care as much as I used to. Did a little experiment one week when I noticed an 8-pack of Gatorade and a couple other things left out of place on a front end cap in HBA. Normally, I'd collect stuff like that and either re-shop it myself or take to where we collect the re-shop. This time, I let it sit there to see how long it would be. Made it almost a week before someone else finally took care of it. On a front end cap. No clearance, not hiding behind other stuff, just right there and obvious.

And this kind of thing is a lot of why I don't care as much as I used to. Did a little experiment one week when I noticed an 8-pack of Gatorade and a couple other things left out of place on a front end cap in HBA. Normally, I'd collect stuff like that and either re-shop it myself or take to where we collect the re-shop. This time, I let it sit there to see how long it would be. Made it almost a week before someone else finally took care of it. On a front end cap. No clearance, not hiding behind other stuff, just right there and obvious.
I did the same thing recently. There was a stationary item left on an end cap in the HBA area. It was there almost a week before it was removed.

I used to grab any out of place items I came across but these days I'm in too much of a hurry to get done with the push to bother. Unless it's something I have to step over like an empty box that flow left in the aisle, it's going to get left there. I'll say, putting in the extra effort for no lasting results really harshes my mellow.

Uh. I see empty cups - like from Starbucks - sitting around for 5-6 days. Never mind all the dumped reshop, or overstock. I constantly see a random casepack or trash (from stocking) left sitting around on the sales floor or a gondola.

I am sure sick of picking up trash from fellow team members.

Yeah, you - asshole - pick up the cardboard/plastic bag/Styrofoam/whatever your lazy ass just dropped on the ground.

I noticed a thing a makeup sitting on top of panties while doing RFID... It was their for a month and a half untill I asked a softlines tm when do they zone it.

Why didn't you just fill the water yourself? It's ok to challenge your TL, ETL or STL if you give good reasons. A lot if tm are afraid to do this but in seriousness if they don't listen to you after you give your reasons why then move to someone that will.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back