Archived missoni for target

Status
Not open for further replies.
There weren't crowds of people in my store but I did see plenty of product moving off the shelves and that was just in the first 4 hours of the store being open! Surprised me, that's for sure.

We had lines at the door at 7:30 and had about 10 items left at noon. We did 16K in the first 20 minutes. Madhouse? Yeah.

we had a long line ...we where sold out in the by 8:30 on everything..we had to kill endcaps because they were empty ...and we call other store..same thing sold out...this was clearly underestimated..oh well good for us more payroll.lol

Our first guest came in and spent $3400 of clothing, we didn't have to much past noon. One store in our district had to have police at the opening of the store as there was a line and there apparently were already fights over who was going to get what..... Crazy!

That bike looks like it was gonna fall apart. $400???? The third item I rang up, a cosmetics bag, came up recalled. LOL

Oh....my.....God!
The guys bringing up merch from the BR were almost mobbed by a gauntlet of women down the back racetrack! By 11am they had consolidated the leftovers into 2 small sections (clothing & home dec).
2 women almost got into it when one came across what she thought was an abandoned basket & started to remove some items when the cart owner returned.
The majority were well-heeled housewives with piled-up carts. Later, we got reports of Missoni pieces on eBay & Craig's list at exhorbitant prices.
So much for making it affordable for the masses....

The store in Diamond Bar apparently sold out (of the clothes, at least) in three minutes.

At my store, I heard tales from guests who saw people fighting over things like mug/tumblers. o_o;

I was just glad I didn't work morning shift... heard tales from cashiers who did about people and carts full of clothes.

I hate ringing clothes up enough on a normal day... carts full? Uhhhh, I'll pass, thanks.

(PS I think most of the designs are downright fugly myself.)

**RUMOR ALERT** Did anyone else hear the the story of some stores in NJ that set Missoni several days early? STL firings ensued.

It sold very well today which shocked me. People lined up at 8 am for that junk! Crazy..... One lady bought a bunch of plates, blanket, and a handbag and it totaled over 500.00 ya she didn't want a red card either:p

My store is near the Canadian border. Needless to say, I am SO glad I didn't open. Though 9:30 wasn't much better. We had people scavenging through re-shop carts and one American guest was all pissed because "all those Canadians bought all of it!".

My store is near the Canadian border. Needless to say, I am SO glad I didn't open. Though 9:30 wasn't much better. We had people scavenging through re-shop carts and one American guest was all pissed because "all those Canadians bought all of it!".

We had the same thing with women coming up to the service desk and demanding to see what was in the softlines cart! LOL Finally I just pushed the cart out by the register and left it there.

I am still amazed by how well this sold. Our store is essentially in the middle of nowhere. I came in at 10 yesterday and half an hour later three guests checked out with a majority of our missoni clothing. One had $1,200, the next $750, and the last one had about $600. That blew my mind...

Sorry to say, the only "cute" Missoni stuff in my opinion is the little girls' sweater sets. I didn't like this style in the 1970s and I don't like it now. Sheesh!

We have had people bring trailers to our store to buy this crap.

One lady drove five hundred miles because as far as she could tell, our store was the only one that had anything left.

Can somebody please tell me what is going on?

From what I was told we sold out within the first hour. There were about 30 people waiting outside when the store opened.

As of this morning, my store still had plenty of Missoni product, ready to be bought. Makes sense, considering my store's clientele is not the urban-trendy type lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back