Archived Mobile Checkout

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're not using it until this issue is resolved.
My store isn’t using it because the whole concept is stupid. The app is a slow mess and it’s literally faster and easier to just hop on a register. Mycheckout makes tons of sense and while it is buggy, generally is ok. Mobile checkout is just plain stupid

As someone else said— the issue is not that we don’t have enough registers. The issue is that we don’t have enough TMs. Ringing people up on the zebra will just slow everything down.

My store isn’t using it because the whole concept is stupid. The app is a slow mess and it’s literally faster and easier to just hop on a register. Mycheckout makes tons of sense and while it is buggy, generally is ok. Mobile checkout is just plain stupid

As someone else said— the issue is not that we don’t have enough registers. The issue is that we don’t have enough TMs. Ringing people up on the zebra will just slow everything down.
Yeah especially when we try to use it for busting the line and the thing freezes up halfway through/at the end of a transaction or the card reader doesn’t work

Yeah especially when we try to use it for busting the line and the thing freezes up halfway through/at the end of a transaction or the card reader doesn’t work
not to mention you open the app for the first time and like ah yes let me just wait till the end of my shift for it to load and then when it finally does you scan an item and then wait until your next shift to checkout

The only scenario I see Mobile Checkout useful is for large furniture & patio flat purchases. Line breaking up front...? Just hop on a register....

So I was GSTL tonight and I actually found a way that Mobile Checkout was very useful up front. I’m not sure how other stores dictate what their GSTLs can do but we can’t jump on for backup as we should be speedweaving or calling for backup. So I only had 1 or 2 cashiers at a time due to a lot of callouts. So I would speedweave and send some to service desk. After those reached capacity any additional guests with large items or a handful of items I would line break with the myDevice and check them out and get them out quickly. I think I checked out about 10 guests. I’m not sure why the printer prints out such a long receipt though on ZPL* & PDF* mode so not sure what I’m doing wrong there. But it was very successful in my eyes tonight.

So I was GSTL tonight and I actually found a way that Mobile Checkout was very useful up front. I’m not sure how other stores dictate what their GSTLs can do but we can’t jump on for backup as we should be speedweaving or calling for backup. So I only had 1 or 2 cashiers at a time due to a lot of callouts. So I would speedweave and send some to service desk. After those reached capacity any additional guests with large items or a handful of items I would line break with the myDevice and check them out and get them out quickly. I think I checked out about 10 guests. I’m not sure why the printer prints out such a long receipt though on ZPL* & PDF* mode so not sure what I’m doing wrong there. But it was very successful in my eyes tonight.

set the printer to PDF mode (not ZPL* or PDF*)

set the printer to PDF mode (not ZPL* or PDF*)
No mycheckout should be ZPL no star. OPU receipts should be PDF. I’m sure they both work but technically the guide for mobile checkout requests ZPL

Why the hell cant they make it all one damn mode? I can’t keep the stuff separate. And if I can’t the rest of my store definitely can’t as they come to me for technical device stuff.

No mycheckout should be ZPL no star. OPU receipts should be PDF. I’m sure they both work but technically the guide for mobile checkout requests ZPL
I’ll give ZPL no star a try next time.

I did myCheckout with the printer set to PDF and it worked just fine, but technically yes the rollout guide says ZPL.

I noticed that having the printer set to PDF prints out strangely long receipts for OPU orders but I’m not sure it would work any other way :oops: I don’t mind trimming them though haha

We’re having trouble with ours. They work about one out of four transactions. Often they let us ring everything up, but then won’t process the payment.
Also, we’re starting to see transactions that appear not to go through but they really are, so the guest’s card is getting charged twice.
They are a huge focus in our store, so not using them isn’t an option.
How are they working for everyone else?

We’re having trouble with ours. They work about one out of four transactions. Often they let us ring everything up, but then won’t process the payment.
Also, we’re starting to see transactions that appear not to go through but they really are, so the guest’s card is getting charged twice.
They are a huge focus in our store, so not using them isn’t an option.
How are they working for everyone else?

send them to zebra to get them fixed ASAP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back