Archived Money

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys wondering if there's a limit to how a guest pays with cash. To clarify I've had guests get like 20$ worth of items and pay it all in one-dollar bills. It takes time to count it out but not too bad. Im wondering if someone tries to pay with like over 40 dollars with $1 bills is that acceptable? My fault this is a weird or strange question.

As long as it's real, I believe we take it. I had a cashier who got payment of $50....in quarters. Neither of us were overly impressed with that one.

Money is money. i dont know about target but at my other job someone paid like 20 dollars in change. i took it but my supervisor told me that next time tell them to use the coinstar machine.

It's all legal tender.
I've never heard of a cash where they've turned down money because of the format.
I guess if they tried to pay for a TV in quarters or something but otherwise.
I have a friend who's a stripper and she paid her electric bill with tips one time and they were a bit snotty about it.

Money is money. i dont know about target but at my other job someone paid like 20 dollars in change. i took it but my supervisor told me that next time tell them to use the coinstar machine.

I don't make it a practice to dump $20 worth of change on cashiers..but if I was that cheap to do so, I'd be pretty ticked if someone told me to use the coin star machine. Why would they want to pay a nearly 11% fee just to save the employee a bit of time counting?

I don't make it a practice to dump $20 worth of change on cashiers..but if I was that cheap to do so, I'd be pretty ticked if someone told me to use the coin star machine. Why would they want to pay a nearly 11% fee just to save the employee a bit of time counting?

They have the option of receiving a giftcard for said store and paying no fee. its not the counting. but since i was the only cashier it made the other people waiting wait longer.

I've had 20-somethings dig out fistfuls of change to pay for a latte.
I make a mental note of how many people behind them sign loudly as soon as they realize what they're doing.

True guys, I appreciate it! It's not bad if its slow at the lanes but that also teaches me I could speed up counting. Money is money

Hey guys wondering if there's a limit to how a guest pays with cash. To clarify I've had guests get like 20$ worth of items and pay it all in one-dollar bills. It takes time to count it out but not too bad. Im wondering if someone tries to pay with like over 40 dollars with $1 bills is that acceptable? My fault this is a weird or strange question.

As long as it's legal tender, it's acceptable. If there was a limit, it wouldn't be popular with waiters/waitresses and strippers.

At Target, the silliest transaction I had was for an iPod touch... It was a 7-8 year old who saved up all their change and allowance to purchase it on their own. I gladly spent the few minutes to count out $50+ worth of coins with her for something like that!

In general though... I had a $1500 transaction at a previous job, paid for in $5 bills. That was fun to double and triple count...

I had a guy pay with a roll of quarters today.

I also had a lady sign up for a red card and pay with 76 1$ bills. That was tough to count.

Also, if you guys have them TD bank has a free coin counter for people that have an account there.

In general though... I had a $1500 transaction at a previous job, paid for in $5 bills. That was fun to double and triple count...

Didn't you guys have a bill counter in the office or whatever?

Didn't you guys have a bill counter in the office or whatever?

Possibly... but this was at Circuit City about 6 years ago. My store, at least, had... a very surprisingly low level of technology running it. Everything was hand-counted on the floor. Every morning to open the registers, and every night closing. If they did have a counter, we weren't made aware of or allowed to use it.

Hey guys, any tips on how you count money faster and accurate?

Last edited:
Hey guys, any tips on how yo count money faster and accurate?

First thing I do is make sure all the bills are in order...20s together, 10s together, etc. Then I just start counting from highest to lowest, while tuning out the guest who is likely still talking. If you nod your head while mouthing what you are counting, they generally quiet down so you can continue in silence.

We have a grocery store about 3 doors down with a Coinstar machine that spits out Spot cards.

The only thing i tell our cashiers is to open rolled coin andcount it. It is funny to get an oldr style of bill and watch the younger cashiers freak out and think it is fake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back