Archived Most ridiculous outfit seen for Target job interview

Status
Not open for further replies.

NKG

Nkg
What is the most ridiculous thing you have seen people wear to a job interview? And did they actually get hired?

So far ive this chick show up to flow team interview in an NFL t-shirt and jeans. I told the gstl to please hire them jokingly.

Now your turn, go....

Last year we had a girl show up in dasiy dukes flip flops and a low cut white shirt showing her entire stomach. We were all surprised when she got hired however she was termed in 3rd week in for ncns
Surprise.

Surprise.

Not.

Anyone who shows up in a club dress aka "clear heels" or ass cheeks hanging out never gets past the first interview. We booted a vendor for flip flops you have no chance.

Jeans and a t-shirt? If clean and neat - give them a shot. A certain day a week in my neck of the woods its all about the football team colors so it has happened.

Probably in a large t-shirt with a large anime graphic on it, gold chain, shorts, and a backpack on.

I dressed like a Mad Men office girl and got hired on the spot. I can't bring myself to do jeans and tshirts for an interview. I rarely even dress like that off the clock unless I'm sick or hung over.
One time at another job I was applying for this dude showed up in dirty close and he wasn't wearing deodorant either. I wonder how well THAT went

Last year we had a girl show up in dasiy dukes flip flops and a low cut white shirt showing her entire stomach. We were all surprised when she got hired however she was termed in 3rd week in for ncns

Im curious if a male did her interview.

What is the most ridiculous thing you have seen people wear to a job interview? And did they actually get hired?

So far ive this chick show up to flow team interview in an NFL t-shirt and jeans. I told the gstl to please hire them jokingly.

Now your turn, go....

Thats not that surprising for my store. We are a 11 pm store so our flow team is only at the store while we are closed. Many of them wear shorts to work.

I have seen people wear raggedy clothes but its not like we are some investment firm, I am sure many of our applicants are on wellfare and I have seen many come through who were unemployed for months at a time.

For that reason I try not to judge them, I cant tell you how many cocky jocks or frat boys have come to my store with polo shirts and slacks and we end up regretting hiring them.

Thats not that surprising for my store. We are a 11 pm store so our flow team is only at the store while we are closed. Many of them wear shorts to work.

I have seen people wear raggedy clothes but its not like we are some investment firm, I am sure many of our applicants are on wellfare and I have seen many come through who were unemployed for months at a time.

For that reason I try not to judge them, I cant tell you how many cocky jocks or frat boys have come to my store with polo shirts and slacks and we end up regretting hiring them.

UGH the cocky jocks and frat boys. They tend to think they are above everyone when in reality they suck.

I saw a guy come in wearing sweatpants and a white t-shirt with some rap group on it. I don't understand why people don't put even a little effort into what they were. Is at least nice pair of jeans and a dress shirt to much to ask?

I hear you and Im not being judgmental but you should always dress for the job you want.

I hear you and Im not being judgmental but you should always dress for the job you want.

I agree, I wore slacks and a button dressed shirt for my interview. But I do know some people simply don't have it, and are desperate for the job. We have some flow team members who seem like they live in poverty based on their attire and hygiene but they work really hard, sometimes a job is the handup people need to start dressing and doing better.

Story: One of our flow TM's had a 5+ year felony drug conviction and I really doubted he would pass the background check. He showed up for his interview in a Metallica Shirt and smelled like piss, he asked us if we provide a uniform (which we don't).

Once he passed, our ETL-HR gave him one of our volunteer t-shirts that actually didn't fit him, first paycheck he went and got himself a nice Polo. He wears that thing with such pride, I think it's really cool.

Last edited:
Had one show up with mom, and another with her kids. Worst outfit was cut offs and a tee shirt with swear words on it.

Last edited:
Had one show up with mom, and another with her kids. Worst outfit was cut offs and a tee shirt with sweet words on it.
Was the one that showed up with their mom still a kid? I can imagine if it was like a 16 year old and this was their first job. Did mom come in during the interview?

I dressed like a Mad Men office girl and got hired on the spot. I can't bring myself to do jeans and tshirts for an interview. I rarely even dress like that off the clock unless I'm sick or hung over.
I'm almost the same, except trade jeans for leggings with a skirt or sarong.

For my interview, I wore a black dress with a black collared sheer blouse underneath, tights, and booties. They hired me on the spot.

Had a guy show up straight from the gym....cotton shorts and a sleeveless t-shirt. No, he didn't get hired.

I wore black jeans and a light grey polo to my interview. Applied, interviewed, and got a part-time job offer all in less than an hour.

I swear to Bullseye I saw someone in a Walmart uniform come in and saw them interviewing about 20 minutes later last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back