Archived Movie multiple locations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just looking at the aisles at Target it looks like we carry a lot of different movies. But when a guest asks for a certain movie, a lot of times we don't carry it.
I know Target has limited shelf space and cannot carry every movie there is, but we could carry a lot more than we do if the same movie was not on 2 o3
DIFFERENT planograms. Does anyone know why Target does this? I would bet we could carry an extra 200 diferent movies if each movie was only in one place.
Same problem for music cd's too....I often see the same cd in at least 2 different places. It makes it hard to research them too......the item is empty but you are
afraid to ZERO the count because the movie might be on a checklane or in a different aisle. Been with Target for years and never did understand this.

3 locations is sales based. Under best sellers or front end, makes it a fast grab item. Having a home location, then it becomes part of group. For ex: tv shows or rock music.

What is with our movie section, anyway? It is not easy to shop. I know they are loosely alphabetized by section, but guests don't know how to shop off of a planogram. They just look at the shelf and get really confused. Why can't our movies be one big alphabetized section plus new releases endcap, like Fred Meyer? Their movie section is very easy to shop, and they have a better selection.

I don't enjoy saying that, but it's true.

I never really understood why there was a DVD movie location for kids along the runway near seasonal. In my stores I worked, its no where near toys.

3 locations is sales based. Under best sellers or front end, makes it a fast grab item. Having a home location, then it becomes part of group. For ex: tv shows or rock music.

Also, don't forget that you may have 3 versions of each movie: DVD, Blu-Ray, and combo pack.

I never really understood why there was a DVD movie location for kids along the runway near seasonal. In my stores I worked, its no where near toys.

My store has one too, at the end of the wall between D (home decor end) and E (automotive/fan central end - opposite from toys). They all seem to be family movies.

When I worked elec-flow I always put the CDs in the end cap or 4-way location. I still don't understand the browser except for alphabetical by genre and the top two rows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back