Movies no longer being handled by outside vendor.

Is this rolling out company-wide or is it a regional thing? I guess Target figured that it was stupid to pay someone else to come in and deal with the movies. At least at my store it was like pulling teeth to actually get someone in to do anything with the movies. I'm actually looking forward to being fully in charge of the movies again. I wonder if they will start doing the quarterly large scan again.

I'm in region 300 and received the same communication. Personally I am not looking forward to going back. The time I saved from doing movie IRs I used to better other parts of receiving.

On the plus side, at least as of now we don't have to check in movies since they are still SBT. We will see if they bring back the scan in the future.

The only thing that I am waiting for an answer on is what do you do with damaged product? Hopefully HQ remembers to remove the SBT hardlock when defecting out because the last thing I want to do is be sitting on damaged product. We are getting hit pretty hard by people stealing the online code from dvds at my store.

Is this rolling out company-wide or is it a regional thing? I guess Target figured that it was stupid to pay someone else to come in and deal with the movies. At least at my store it was like pulling teeth to actually get someone in to do anything with the movies. I'm actually looking forward to being fully in charge of the movies again. I wonder if they will start doing the quarterly large scan again.
I hope. R300 here. The vendor that deals with the movies is the worst.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I hope this is nationwide. Our vendor has come once in the last year and a half.
Wow, I thought our store had it bad. I think we went through 5 or six different vendors since it went scan based, maybe we had 5 returns tops and only two of those were more than 2-3 boxes. It was such a waste of money hiring an outside vendor to do it.

BackupTL

GM/Inbound TL
Hell yes, my entertainment DBO is happy to hear it as well. Our vendor sucked as well as all of the temps they sent in to try and cover. They would always return movies straight off the salesfloor that were still on POG but leave the shitload of NOP we were sitting on. It took multiple calls to their DM, multiple mySupports, and finally Cc'ing my OD to get them to get that trash outta my backroom.

Also they sucked at zoning license.

Glad to see them go.