Movies no longer being handled by outside vendor.

Is this rolling out company-wide or is it a regional thing? I guess Target figured that it was stupid to pay someone else to come in and deal with the movies. At least at my store it was like pulling teeth to actually get someone in to do anything with the movies. I'm actually looking forward to being fully in charge of the movies again. I wonder if they will start doing the quarterly large scan again.

I'm in region 300 and received the same communication. Personally I am not looking forward to going back. The time I saved from doing movie IRs I used to better other parts of receiving.

On the plus side, at least as of now we don't have to check in movies since they are still SBT. We will see if they bring back the scan in the future.

The only thing that I am waiting for an answer on is what do you do with damaged product? Hopefully HQ remembers to remove the SBT hardlock when defecting out because the last thing I want to do is be sitting on damaged product. We are getting hit pretty hard by people stealing the online code from dvds at my store.

Is this rolling out company-wide or is it a regional thing? I guess Target figured that it was stupid to pay someone else to come in and deal with the movies. At least at my store it was like pulling teeth to actually get someone in to do anything with the movies. I'm actually looking forward to being fully in charge of the movies again. I wonder if they will start doing the quarterly large scan again.
I hope. R300 here. The vendor that deals with the movies is the worst.

I hope this is nationwide. Our vendor has come once in the last year and a half.
Wow, I thought our store had it bad. I think we went through 5 or six different vendors since it went scan based, maybe we had 5 returns tops and only two of those were more than 2-3 boxes. It was such a waste of money hiring an outside vendor to do it.

Hell yes, my entertainment DBO is happy to hear it as well. Our vendor sucked as well as all of the temps they sent in to try and cover. They would always return movies straight off the salesfloor that were still on POG but leave the shitload of NOP we were sitting on. It took multiple calls to their DM, multiple mySupports, and finally Cc'ing my OD to get them to get that trash outta my backroom.

Also they sucked at zoning license.

Glad to see them go.

I loved my vendor. She was amazing! But she had to resign and her last day was the same week as mine. Lmao!!

Same ours now that we got a good one, she is good at what she does and does another vendor service for us, so when that box of product doesn't show up she checks the movies so she gets paid for her time.. So movies are always up to date..

I am going to whine for a second.. "I don't want to do another movie scan!!!!!" Only the old timers will understand the horror that they were.

Same ours now that we got a good one, she is good at what she does and does another vendor service for us, so when that box of product doesn't show up she checks the movies so she gets paid for her time.. So movies are always up to date..

I am going to whine for a second.. "I don't want to do another movie scan!!!!!" Only the old timers will understand the horror that they were.
I for one miss the return scan for music and movies... Building a pallet early morning while not having to deal with daily/weekly workload was great.

nothing like doing a return scan with an AP BP "helping" or "the why is it taking you so long?" every 15 minutes

I figured a ir will be issued for each studio. I would prefer we ship them back using FedEx or Ups. Just put in box and create a shipping label. If they go back crc than I have to scan them again as I box them up.

I figured a ir will be issued for each studio. I would prefer we ship them back using FedEx or Ups. Just put in box and create a shipping label. If they go back crc than I have to scan them again as I box them up.
Before movies went scan-based, they would drop in like regular IRs that would go back through FedEx or UPS. But a few times a year (I can't remember how many but it was quarterly I think) there would be a big scan. I'm not sure exactly how it was done, that was always done by an electronics team member and I would just have to finalize the paperwork. So they might be going back to the old way of doing it.

Target just needs to quit trying new shit out
Trying new s*** out is how you learn things. Being the first to do something is how you get ahead of your competition. Trying s*** out is the whole history of human existence.

But "if it ain't broke don't fix it" is a very wise thing. That's why all workplaces have tried and true procedures that change only when circumstances create a need to evaluate.

I remember when you had to inventory the entire floor and then would go to the backroom. There were times when we emptied or almost emptied entire sections of the floor when doing a scan. We often did these scans overnight and many times just barely finished before our 8 hours were up.

I remember when you had to inventory the entire floor and then would go to the backroom. There were times when we emptied or almost emptied entire sections of the floor when doing a scan. We often did these scans overnight and many times just barely finished before our 8 hours were up.

Yep, why I never want to do another one. Shipping pallets of movies out is always fun. Even though I didn't work electronics, I was In Stocks so details were kind of our thing and we were fast.

Yep, why I never want to do another one. Shipping pallets of movies out is always fun. Even though I didn't work electronics, I was In Stocks so details were kind of our thing and we were fast.
Shipping out movies is always fun, especially when someone decides to try and work out the pallet of product to go back.

Shipping out movies is always fun, especially when someone decides to try and work out the pallet of product to go back.

Our receiver would guard that pallet with her life. Cause that happened once.. I didn't hear the shit storm that happened but it was fixed the next day. And we didn't fix it.

Back