Archived Moving on from Target

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wanted to share a little update since I've left Target. Its been about four months now that I've been gone and working for Walmart in a similar situation. I just have to say I'm really glad I did. Its still stressful, but its not as bad since I know I have help and good coworkers and managers. I'm making more money with more stable hours. The work is easier and they have said next week we will be talking about a support manager or personnel position. All bad things that Walmart has been known for in the past, I can easily say they're going in a good direction as opposed to Target.

If anyone wants to share their experience post Target go ahead. Im happy hearing good stories.

I left five months ago, almost six now which is kinda crazy to believe. Feels like just yesterday I was putting in my 2 weeks. So glad I did. Though I would not be opposed to returning to Target under better circumstances. The management at my former store was toxic. They left me with no other choice, for myself and my sanity.

Best of luck to you and everyone else in similar situations dealing with shit from Spot. You're worth more than that.

I haven't moved on from Target yet. But, I did move my ass from the backroom to the front door after being asked if I wanted to extend after a long days work!

Does this count?

I haven't moved on from Target yet. But, I did move my ass from the backroom to the front door after being asked if I wanted to extend after a long days work!

Does this count?

Just to be clear, they asked you to stay longer? When I'm asked to stay longer, I say no 100 percent of the time.

For a business like Target, seems like it would be less costly to just have ETLs pick up backroom slack, but only one in my store does regularly.

Just to be clear, they asked you to stay longer? When I'm asked to stay longer, I say no 100 percent of the time.

For a business like Target, seems like it would be less costly to just have ETLs pick up backroom slack, but only one in my store does regularly.
Yes. I wasn't trying to stay any longer so rejected the offer.

Good job! I've been away from Target for four months and got hired on as a CSM for Wal-Mart two months ago. Im happy to hear you have good management. My management isnt very supportive and I'll leave it at that, but there are a select couple who are and I'm very grateful for them.

If you get that support manager position, they'll be raising base pay to 15 an hour next month so hell yeah for that. Our supports are the hardest working associates in the store and I have all the respect for them.
Personnel doesn't make as much but id killlll for that position! Snag that up too if you can!

And as strange as it may sound to others, I do agree with you that walmart is going in a more positive direction than target business-wise. It'd be nice to see target catch up because they do have so much potential.

Good luck to you! And if you ever wanna share walmart stories, Im here! Shoot me a message any time

Good job! I've been away from Target for four months and got hired on as a CSM for Wal-Mart two months ago. Im happy to hear you have good management. My management isnt very supportive and I'll leave it at that, but there are a select couple who are and I'm very grateful for them.

If you get that support manager position, they'll be raising base pay to 15 an hour next month so hell yeah for that. Our supports are the hardest working associates in the store and I have all the respect for them.
Personnel doesn't make as much but id killlll for that position! Snag that up too if you can!

And as strange as it may sound to others, I do agree with you that walmart is going in a more positive direction than target business-wise. It'd be nice to see target catch up because they do have so much potential.

Good luck to you! And if you ever wanna share walmart stories, Im here! Shoot me a message any time

Well I just found out that even if I stay in position, my pay will be going up by 2.30$ next month so that's still not bad lol. I'm guessing if I promoted that'd mean I'd have to be making at least 4$ more tho. Either way I'll take it lol. I told them I may go to night time and here that's a 2$ differential just by itself.

Yeah, Im excited about the raises coming! I was about to leave but then I found out about the raises and decided it wasn't so bad after all :) they definitely have target beat when it comes to pay

I've been away from Target for a few months after 10 years. I finished as a logistics TL and its almost like a dream every day going to work at my new job. I'm no longer in retail but everyday I realize how terrible Target is treating its employees in its current state. What's that the truck is 2700 pieces and you only have 5 br tms to back stock everything in 4.5 hours, too bad make it happen. STLs not willing to support their team with hours because they are so afraid of corporate dropping the hammer on them makes the entire store miserable. After I left my stores logistic process took a huge turn for the worse. They burned through two TLs in a few months and now the STL has resigned two weeks ago. Anyone thinking of leaving Target now is the time.

I've been away from Target for a few months after 10 years. I finished as a logistics TL and its almost like a dream every day going to work at my new job. I'm no longer in retail but everyday I realize how terrible Target is treating its employees in its current state. What's that the truck is 2700 pieces and you only have 5 br tms to back stock everything in 4.5 hours, too bad make it happen. STLs not willing to support their team with hours because they are so afraid of corporate dropping the hammer on them makes the entire store miserable. After I left my stores logistic process took a huge turn for the worse. They burned through two TLs in a few months and now the STL has resigned two weeks ago. Anyone thinking of leaving Target now is the time.
If you don't mind me asking, how does one escape from retail? I don't know what skills I have but I'm sure I DO have skills. I just doubt myself because I've never used more than my physical strength and basic computer/phone/etc. knowledge at the jobs I've had (Home Depot: Truck Loader, Unloader, Building Materials, Stocking)

If you don't mind me asking, how does one escape from retail? I don't know what skills I have but I'm sure I DO have skills. I just doubt myself because I've never used more than my physical strength and basic computer/phone/etc. knowledge at the jobs I've had (Home Depot: Truck Loader, Unloader, Building Materials, Stocking)
Customer service for a call center, working for in the service industry(heating, plumbing,etc), just to name a few.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back