Archived My Brain Hurts!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lovecats

Free At Last!
Had a guest come thru today. Rang her up. Then she calls to activate her check card. Doesn't remember assigning a pin to it. Wants her 5%. Keeps tapping the little thing on the counter about the 5%. For some reason did not understand the concept of a check card and why she needed a pin. Says the little sign thing is misleading. I was so frustrated trying to explain to her something she should already understand that I was getting a headache.:dash2: Finally tells me to void the transaction. End up sending her to guest services so hopefully they could explain it to her (but I doubt it). Felt bad about it but I was covering breaks and had to get to my next one. The lady that was behind her and I just kinda looked at each other and shook our heads.

Had a guest come thru today. Rang her up. Then she calls to activate her check card. Doesn't remember assigning a pin to it. Wants her 5%. Keeps tapping the little thing on the counter about the 5%. For some reason did not understand the concept of a check card and why she needed a pin. Says the little sign thing is misleading. I was so frustrated trying to explain to her something she should already understand that I was getting a headache.:dash2: Finally tells me to void the transaction. End up sending her to guest services so hopefully they could explain it to her (but I doubt it). Felt bad about it but I was covering breaks and had to get to my next one. The lady that was behind her and I just kinda looked at each other and shook our heads.

if it was a temp spot debit card, it may have a purchase limit. i had a guest who got the temp debit card & wanted to get a $300. 00 tv. it didnt work. my etl-ge resolved the issue by giving the guest 5% off the tv, & paying with his bank card. he did go home happy because of what my etl did.

It was her permanent card with the sticker still attached. I think she thought that it was like a grocery discount card. I don't know what she thought about needing a blank check to get it. I just know that I had a headache after dealing with her. Even my gstl was shaking his head when I told him.

Same thing happened yesterday with me. Cashier called me over because guest couldn't remember their pin. They swear they never put in a pin.

*rolls eyes*

Eventually they figured it out.

Had a kid come up with Dad's credit card & place a large food order. As I assembled the order (several trays worth), she kept swiping it & the PIN wouldn't work. After several attempts, she asked if she could run it as credit. I said she could try. When it STILL wouldn't work, she looked at the trays & asked if she could have them any way since I was just going to "throw them out".
Uh, no.
Fortunately, the next 3 guests took care of most of the order.

How's this for a brain-fry?
In the pharmacy, none of the signatures are being captured so we have to get manual signatures for everything, but the guests STILL have to sign the reader. On top of that, we are supposed to be pushing the surveys so we have to mention those (since they print out on almost every fricking receipt) as well as Red Cards (which we rarely do). NOW, we also have the new pharmacy rewards program to push as well (it's no longer tied to the red cards). Now, EVERY transaction is about a 5-minute ordeal because we have to explain the signature thing, ask about the Rx Rewards, sign them up if they're interested (which almost everyone is....our "goal" for the month was 200, we're already at 300+ and it just started Tuesday~LOL!), then explain the survey! On top of everything else, we have to manually keep track of the signatures on a spreadsheet, as well as the number of Rx Rewards customers we sign up(because each district is doing contests for the "top" promoters). I'm lucky if I remember to MENTION everything, much less mark down when I get someone to SIGN UP for it...my ETL-Rx was actually marking them down for me today because I kept forgetting!!! I figure I've probably missed about 10% of my actual number, but I figure as long as I'm not "losing" (I'm in 4th place in our pharmacy), it's not that bad ;) (oh and on top of everything else, our pharmacy is doing 2 other "contests" regarding the surveys-which I RARELY mark-and CIHYFS, which I usually mark "in bulk" at the end of the day when the RPh reminds me ;) )

Ours electronic sig was down too. We got creative & we need a real sig due to technology failure....my It is working on a fix presently..

Ours electronic sig was down too. We got creative & we need a real sig due to technology failure....my It is working on a fix presently..
We e-supported this over a month ago (as did a number of pharmacies, I guess). Can you hit k-8 to "sign paper copy" in electronics? It would be SOOOOO much easier to simply print out the paper slips and have them sign those, but NOOOOOO, corporate had to come up with these silly spreadsheets that create extra work for everyone involved (in particular the pharmacists, who now have to sign off on EVERY transaction [I can do ALL of our RPh's initials so dead-on, you can't tell they didn't do it themselves ;)]....and let me tell you, some guests are NOT happy that they have to sign twice!).....and it probably took some "talking head" a week to come up with these sheets when my son could've come up with them in an hour!!! LOL!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back