Archived My device replacements?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that comes from the Cartwheel app, not myWork. When I had an Android phone it would recognize whenever I went into a Target and pop up something like that.

It should never pop up in the first place. Probably a setting that needs a tweak.. There has been so much stuff the ETLGE has been futzing with to get these up and running right that its not a huge deal. But one of those things in a few weeks I will ask about.

All the Walmarts in my area already have the Zebra handhelds. I'm surprised it has taken Target this long to roll this out. And these things are huge, to me it looks like the size of a Galaxy Note 5. Haven't had a chance to handle one yet nonetheless.

Issues with price change with the Zebras:

1. When you scan a clearance item and the on-hand is 3 for example. It will automatically input 3 instead of 1 like the old mydevice. So I'm constantly changing shit back to 1 cause that's what I have. This might be okay for stores that is actually zoned well. There's should be an option to change this.

2. The slide up screen on the bottom of price change mode. It doesn't work 80% of the time I try to slide it up, pretty random when it wants to work.

The only other complaint is the size and stiffness of the scanning button, it could be bigger and easier to press.

1. When you scan a clearance item and the on-hand is 3 for example. It will automatically input 3 instead of 1 like the old mydevice. So I'm constantly changing shit back to 1 cause that's what I have. This might be okay for stores that is actually zoned well. There's should be an option to change this.

2. The slide up screen on the bottom of price change mode. It doesn't work 80% of the time I try to slide it up, pretty random when it wants to work.

The only other complaint is the size and stiffness of the scanning button, it could be bigger and easier to press.
Yeah, that was one of HQ brilliant ideas with that pricing thing.

We totally had only 4 gold ps4 pushed for me to put on the floor but I noticed they were street dated so I stowed them away so the device was showing 4 on floor 4 in the back. I changed it to 0 on floor but when the street date came I checked again and it was back to 4 on the floor 4 in the back. I changed it again but I am worried I screwed up the count. No one could tell me why it was doing that. Maybe this explains how when I first moved to electronics during black friday why it showed we had 30 polaroid tablets when we actually had zero. So annoying now that I am trained in flex knowing sometimes people will order an item the system says we have in stock and I know that we definitely do not. Like in particular a stupid bianca colored delta crib.

We totally had only 4 gold ps4 pushed for me to put on the floor but I noticed they were street dated so I stowed them away so the device was showing 4 on floor 4 in the back. I changed it to 0 on floor but when the street date came I checked again and it was back to 4 on the floor 4 in the back. I changed it again but I am worried I screwed up the count. No one could tell me why it was doing that. Maybe this explains how when I first moved to electronics during black friday why it showed we had 30 polaroid tablets when we actually had zero. So annoying now that I am trained in flex knowing sometimes people will order an item the system says we have in stock and I know that we definitely do not. Like in particular a stupid bianca colored delta crib.
You can't change the counts unless you're in research mode (myWork will have a black theme instead of the normal red one).

The two main things that cause on-hands to be off, are:

1) Items placed in random locations on the SF or in the BR and not tied/backstocked.

2) Theft.

All the Walmarts in my area already have the Zebra handhelds. I'm surprised it has taken Target this long to roll this out. And these things are huge, to me it looks like the size of a Galaxy Note 5. Haven't had a chance to handle one yet nonetheless.

Note 5.. not that big. Nah More like a slightly chubbier blackberry.

The case is better than the crappy Honeywell one on the MD

Does anyone know how to reinstall the apps if someone's accidentally deleted them? Also, does anyone know how to do a hard reboot? On the old My Device you held the "home" button and the top (on/off) button down till it rebooted.

Does anyone know how to reinstall the apps if someone's accidentally deleted them? Also, does anyone know how to do a hard reboot? On the old My Device you held the "home" button and the top (on/off) button down till it rebooted.
I believe the apps are added by corporate automatically. How did you manage to delete an app? I've noticed you can't even move the icons around on screen ( against IT policy it says ).

The apps are managed automatically through VMWare AirWatch. You could attempt to force a re-install by opening the AirWatch Agent and tapping 'Sync' in the Agent. If that doesn't work AFAIK your only other option is to CSC it, or open MySettings (the app next to the Agent app) then Reset the Device. It'll take upwards of an hour to reset the device by reinstalling all the corporate profiles and managed apps.

I'll be happy for my deli when they get them and the new temp probe. There is really no way for accountability on team members when they do temp checks. I'll be gone, but I'll feel better knowing that they can't bullsh#t their temps.

Hold down the power button and a menu will come up, with reboot being one of the options.

I believe the apps are added by corporate automatically. How did you manage to delete an app? I've noticed you can't even move the icons around on screen ( against IT policy it says ).

LOL...it wasn't me that deleted them, so I'm not sure how they managed to do it. I got three of the ones working today that weren't working prior. Two of them were okay after a reboot and the third came up with a "setup" screen after the reboot. We still have a number of them that cannot seem to hook up with the wifi. I wish we knew our dang password for tcwireless or DGE...or anything to hep them reconfigure and hook up.

@tmap98 I'll try your suggestions and see what happens.

LOL...it wasn't me that deleted them, so I'm not sure how they managed to do it. I got three of the ones working today that weren't working prior. Two of them were okay after a reboot and the third came up with a "setup" screen after the reboot. We still have a number of them that cannot seem to hook up with the wifi. I wish we knew our dang password for tcwireless or DGE...or anything to hep them reconfigure and hook up.

@tmap98 I'll try your suggestions and see what happens.
Unfortunately, the credentials for those two networks are almost impossible to get, it's all managed via certificates through VMware. So really your only option is, is to reapply the profile in the VMware agent app by holding down on the profile and clicking reapply.

I love the Zebra's, however sometimes they get locked up and you have to close all the apps open. Also, at my store atleast, they have very poor cell service and sometimes certain areas of the store they won't work.

Get a scanner handle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back