My Orientation Is Tuesday 8/2

My schedule is Sat-Mon after orientation does that mean I won't work until Saturday?

When are pay days?

I read in some of these threads that new hires only work half their shifts in the beginning?

My schedule is Sat-Mon after orientation does that mean I won't work until Saturday?

When are pay days?

I read in some of these threads that new hires only work half their shifts in the beginning?
Welcome!
Go to orientation & they will give your training schedule. You get paid every 2 weeks.

Your first real shift should be the Saturday after your orientation.
Pay day is Thursday for the week prior, so you’ll get your first check on the 11th for orientation and whatever hours you work on the 6th.
I heard that they’re trying to go away from only working half shifts the first week but I don’t know if they have yet.

When are pay days?

Just go to orientation, all will be revealed. This forum is ALL TARGET, there are vast differences between stores and between dc’s. Unless someone is from the site you are hired, answers may not be correct.

Your first real shift should be the Saturday after your orientation.
Pay day is Thursday for the week prior, so you’ll get your first check on the 11th for orientation and whatever hours you work on the 6th.
I heard that they’re trying to go away from only working half shifts the first week but I don’t know if they have yet.

They're not doing half shifts at my DC.

There's a new model for NHO that's was piloted in some buildings and will be rolling out across the network over the next 30 days. The deadline for buildings to transition over is August 31st.

Day 1 NHO is now only 4 hours

Days 2-4 on key will be half on the job training and the other half will be all the compliance training and HR documentation that use to all get crammed into an 8 hour day.

The hope is that TMs actually retain something from NHO if we don't cram it all in their heads in one day.

Well I guess it hasn't rolled out to my location yet because HR just called me and gave me general information and said I will be at orientation from 8AM to 4PM 🤷‍♂️ tomorrow.

She also mentioned about 4500 product or something like that per hour. Does that mean like sorting or packing etc? I know I will find out tomorrow I am just curious now is all lol

She also mentioned about 4500 product or something like that per hour. Does that mean like sorting or packing etc? I know I will find out tomorrow I am just curious now is all lol
4500 is more likely your daily goal.

Outbound is ~450 an hour for loading trailers

Warehouse ~190 an hour for carton-air which is filling cage carts on a stockpicker

Packing ~150-350 an hour depending on the zone

Inbound, I don't remember because it's dumb and I hate it. (Its just an overly complicated department that use to stress me out when I was a PC.)

When are pay days?

Just dont make the mistake of wearing a hooded sweatshirt with nothing to wear underneath, and keep in mind you will have your picture taken so come in looking nice!

Inbound, I don't remember because it's dumb and I hate it. (Its just an overly complicated department that use to stress me out when I was a PC.)
Lol, it’s somewhere between 100 and 650 per hour.
200/hr is probably a realistic average tho.

They're not doing half shifts at my DC.
New hires at my DC are doing half shift’s still just for 3 days. It’s to get them adjusted as they begin their Target journey or 90 day probation period. You’re DC is located across the state

Last edited:
4500 is more likely your daily goal.

Outbound is ~450 an hour for loading trailers

Warehouse ~190 an hour for carton-air which is filling cage carts on a stockpicker

Packing ~150-350 an hour depending on the zone

Inbound is so DUMB. Outbound is the best.

Back