- Jun 16, 2011
Some interesting statistics:
- Distance wise, with a step length of ~2.75ft, I walked 1,048 miles inside my store. Ouch.
- Flow team w/ 4 hour shift: averages about 4,000 steps the first two hours of unloading a truck (As a bowler, on the line it is about 1,000).
- Cashier shifts tend to be all over the map, from 2,000 steps to 6,000 over an 8 hour shift depending on how one's shift is going, that is the most variation of any of the positions.
- An average salesfloor day is approximately 7,700 steps from around 8AM to 4:30PM or a step every 3.5 seconds at our Target's electronic boat.
- As a closer, you tend to walk 500 to 1000 extra steps a day.
- The day after Thankgsgiving, I walked 8,572 steps or 4 and 1/2 miles while I was stuck at the boat.