MEGATHREAD myDay app

i don’t use an app. i use this website. I have it as a bookmark on my screen when I go to work. It’s great lol.

It’s type 39 and NO spaces for those who need it in the backroom

Can MyDay please have different sounds when scanning items that are salvage? It would make my life easier when I hear that sound I know how to deal with the item(s)

Also we should be able to pick a sounds for certain items and remove it when we’re done with the task. I would use it for sorting items to salvage or backstock when they are mixed together.

Can we get a feature to count how many items we have by scanning? Each unique item should have its own sound when scanning as well. It should also alert us if the item doesn’t match the same type. Salvage, clearance, no sales floor location, seasonal/transition and aisles

Example: I have to sort two items that look almost identical and it’s faster to scan all of them to sort. It would tell me how many of item 1 there are and item 2. I would then put them in the appropriate location in the backroom or aisle

Can we please have the ability to mark incorrect price labels on MyDay? It would be useful if that existed so fewer people need to check the prices. They can go around (like fulfillment does with it taking you to the closest items first) with the printer and fix them. It should know what items are needed and you just scan one item in the aisle and it prints all the prices for the aisle

It would be useful if that existed so fewer people need to check the prices. They can go around (like fulfillment does with it taking you to the closest items first) with the printer and fix them
This is the point of the price audit system. We actually have a price change team now too that does price audits and price change for the whole store.

This is the point of the price audit system. We actually have a price change team now too that does price audits and price change for the whole store.
Not at my store currently but that could change soon as we will have more team members to do stuff like that after the remodel ends (for now)

Can the Target app have the ability to set the pickup/drive up time you want your order to be ready? Obviously it would be at least two hours after it’s placed and could be later.

I would use it when I have to get an opu after my shift (deals and items only available via those methods like the PS5 was) I know others that would schedule it when they get off work so it’s ready and don’t want to be rude to the team members picking it ti have it sit for a few hours.

It would also help within the store because some orders would have more time to complete them. The less urgency to complete an order the better.

Can the Target app have the ability to set the pickup/drive up time you want your order to be ready? Obviously it would be at least two hours after it’s placed and could be later.

I would use it when I have to get an opu after my shift (deals and items only available via those methods like the PS5 was) I know others that would schedule it when they get off work so it’s ready and don’t want to be rude to the team members picking it ti have it sit for a few hours.

It would also help within the store because some orders would have more time to complete them. The less urgency to complete an order the better.
Ask for more training to understand the process.

Got in a few tc58 and it is all it's cracked up to be. Speed difference is night and day and apps stay in memory. Feels like using a modern smartphone. Screen is also bigger, brighter and more crisp. Battery life is really good so far too.

LMAO. They're breaking the target policy for that haha
This is for the stores that are getting 20 to replace their TC51s. The direction for the incremental inventory (those of us who received 2-4) were just told to add them into the mix. Make no mistake - I’m not saying TMs shouldn’t be able to use the new shiny devices.

I honestly wish they would bite the bullet and do a full swap of the TC51s to these. It’s in the works, but it’s going to be a while before we see more of these in stores.

Unless your store's hold area is extremely full, it wouldn't be rude at all to have it be there for a few hours. It doesn't make a difference to anyone in fulfillment or guest service.

Hate to be that girl but terrible idea. The point of it now is to get the items ready ASAP. So its a constant time to be ready. God forbid they come in and start complaining about why isn't my order ready and this and that. That part of fulfillment is fine. If anything, that would make it a bit more unpredictable.

You know... If shelf label barcodes were unique serial like numbers linking to a dpci, I feel like audits would be easier and maybe even fill. If there is a price change, the barcode on the shelf changes to a new serial number and the old number is deactivated. So if theory of someone scans an old shelf labels it flags as inaccurate on the spot and adds it to a task list. The normal price audit task will go faster because all you have to do is scan the label and it knows it's the correct serial or not.

Instead, they could make the app ask permission to track if someone is connected to their cars Bluetooth or driving and then auto prompt them if they are on their way to the store to get their order so the first doesn't have to remember to open the app.

You know... If shelf label barcodes were unique serial like numbers linking to a dpci, I feel like audits would be easier and maybe even fill. If there is a price change, the barcode on the shelf changes to a new serial number and the old number is deactivated. So if theory of someone scans an old shelf labels it flags as inaccurate on the spot and adds it to a task list. The normal price audit task will go faster because all you have to do is scan the label and it knows it's the correct serial or not.
Not a bad idea but not only would swapping to a new label system take eons to make and eons to swap out. it would be a waste of payroll. Plus its just an extra point of failure and a bit over-engineered. keep labels simple IMHO. Printers already have enough trouble working lol.

Rather than completely changing physical items. I think myDay should have a few more Quality of Life software features. Such as, different POS alerts depends on what is needed.

Or adding a “Check later” List when pulling. Like myDay do you REALLY think 160 of these Taylor swift albums are going to fit? Make it A button and I’ll check it out when I’m back on the floor to fix the counts. And for the love of god do NOT make this a metric. 999/100 the reason a fit is wrong is because who ever designed the Plano had a siezure.

One last thing that honestly would never get added and I don’t blame them is a to be able to use your scanner as a remote scanner For the POS. Implement it with the scan to login.

Also I don’t think this is talked about enough. myDay did an AMAZING job with the back room labels. They scan SO easily compared to the myWork ones.

Or adding a “Check later” List when pulling. Like myDay do you REALLY think 160 of these Taylor swift albums are going to fit? Make it A button and I’ll check it out when I’m back on the floor to fix the counts. And for the love of god do NOT make this a metric. 999/100 the reason a fit is wrong is because who ever designed the Plano had a siezure.
And to have the ability to set what aisle(s) you picked for. If I pick for aisle(s) G25 don’t show me any location that isn’t G25.

Wym? You can pull by isle in myDay.
I know that. I meant if I’m pulling by isles and happen to pull an item that has a location in both isles that I’m pushing at I usually see the isle that I didn’t pull it to go. I waste time moving the item to the location and then realizing it doesn’t fit.

I know that. I meant if I’m pulling by isles and happen to pull an item that has a location in both isles that I’m pushing at I usually see the isle that I didn’t pull it to go. I waste time moving the item to the location and then realizing it doesn’t fit.
Are you talking about an item with two locations on the sales floor? If that's what you're talking about myDay has 0 chance of knowing where the item got sold.

Last edited:
LMAO. They're breaking the target policy for that haha
If you're considering it a policy (it's not lol, it's a screenshot of a rollout document), it could still be followed as most leaders are in different workcenters.

But most stores also only got incremental inventory of like 4 or 5. It's also fairly easy to just rotate the old devices out and renumber the new ones to whichever ones leadership usually uses.

Back