MEGATHREAD myDay app

How you liking it so far? I like that I have access to workbench, it's browser based but better than nothing I guess. It seems like there's some functions similar on mywork like printing and scanning. I wonder if it will replace mywork at some point.

woot. we've been sorting out 'work' functions ...they are coming shortly. and we'll get the notifications sorted out so that you only get what is more relevant (meal and what not).

I'm curious how OPU/FFmt would be better handled when they are rolling in heavy (cause we can make it do whatever is useful-est).

For the workbench content, we'd love to get it inline rather than dumping over to the browser, but the thing its made of doesn't wanna play that way yet.

The feedback thing inside the app is eagerly watched ... if there's a thing you wish it did, be vocal about it, we'll go.

woot. we've been sorting out 'work' functions ...they are coming shortly. and we'll get the notifications sorted out so that you only get what is more relevant (meal and what not).

I'm curious how OPU/FFmt would be better handled when they are rolling in heavy (cause we can make it do whatever is useful-est).

For the workbench content, we'd love to get it inline rather than dumping over to the browser, but the thing its made of doesn't wanna play that way yet.

The feedback thing inside the app is eagerly watched ... if there's a thing you wish it did, be vocal about it, we'll go.
Ability to report feedback about other apps or general POS/mydevice issues not related to a single device. Right now myhelp requires reports to be linked to a device.

If it’s not already present, ability for you all to respond to app submitted feedback and ™ and you all can have convo about bug if more info is needed.

Welcome back, @mobileFellow! Would you know if anything is happening with the Audit app going forward? Would the system batches be incorporated into myDay as tasks for their specific departments? Because that'd be great.

Compared to the other batch apps, Audit leaves a lot to be desired. Being able to skip locations temporarily, see a task list, and view pertinent information (like what's available in myWork) would make it so much better. We constantly have to toggle over to myWork to see actual product names instead of random, garbled words.

What are the S&E alerts?

I don't think I've touched a device with S&E alerts enabled in probably 9 months. As I recall, the biggest things were change requests and price change notifications. There was also an idle register notification that would say to go check on the cashier if nothing had happened at a register for whatever amount of time. That thing would chime for every single register that currently didn't have a cashier on it shortly after the store opened..so pretty much every single damn register and periodically throughout the day as registers went in and out of use.

Not sure what's going on now as most of our SD TMs don't bother signing in. I can ask if you want the next time I work with one who does.

I don't think I've touched a device with S&E alerts enabled in probably 9 months. As I recall, the biggest things were change requests and price change notifications. There was also an idle register notification that would say to go check on the cashier if nothing had happened at a register for whatever amount of time. That thing would chime for every single register that currently didn't have a cashier on it shortly after the store opened..so pretty much every single damn register and periodically throughout the day as registers went in and out of use.

Not sure what's going on now as most of our SD TMs don't bother signing in. I can ask if you want the next time I work with one who does.
Oh, so same as MyAlerts. Those are waste of time.

Not sure what you could do other than the ability to toggle new order notifications on and off quickly. The issue is that I know there will always be new OPUs waiting for me when I get done with my current batch (unless there's a global issue). I have no reason to be alerted everytime a new order drops. There's also an issue where if you are trying to scan an item at the exact same time that a bunch of alerts are dropping in the devices will overload and crash. So, toggling alerts off would be nice and then if for some reason I actually do need to know about new orders dropping I could just toggle the alerts back on.

If we were really dreaming big about what would be helpful it would be cool to be able to set alerts for when custom benchmarks are met. For example, if there are X DPCIs pending in the OPU queue it would be great to get that alert right away so that I could call someone in. Or even better, so my backup could get that alert and know to jump in him/herself. Or even really cool to have it so I could custom enter an alert to let me know if there are X total batches that are due before Y time. That's what I really try to monitor the most to make sure that when I leave I haven't left our closers in an impossible situation. I mean even if there are only 50 DPCIs pending I'm not really helping them if the first batch is going to be due 20 minutes after they walk in the building. But, that's dreaming big and I can do that math myself.

Would be nice to batch alerts. If orders drop in 15-20 minutes apart, keep them separate. But if they drop in within minutes of each other, they could be combined into a single alert that displays the number of orders. TMs could pull the notification drawer down, see how many new orders dropped in, and go about their business.

It would be cool to see what @seasonaldude suggested as well. If you're signed in under fulfillment, maybe keep an active notification in the notification drawer that displays the total number of DPCIs/units and "new" orders that have dropped in since the last time they viewed the task list in ePick, as well as the number of orders that would be "at risk".

It would be AMAZING if we separated DriveUp/ On the way alerts and Flex order alerts. Every single day my team’s devices freeze due to so many alerts dropping in at once. Doesn’t help anything with DriveUp being hectic during this pandemic.

I also think a great idea for ePick would be to display the TMs name who’s working on the batch, along with how much time they have left until it goes late. ASANTS, but my store constantly runs out of walkies due to how many tms we have, and sometimes it’s hard tracking down potential late orders when pickers do not have walkies. Not sure how possible that is, but I definitely think it’d be a great addition and help avoid having to dig deep into Greenfield to research orders...

As for how to better handle OPU notifications, I love the idea of batching alerts. I’m a flex TL and I don’t need to know every time an order drops. I check it enough as is throughout my shift as I’m constantly swapping between SFS 2.0 and ePick during my day.

If my team is having a good flow and I’m not getting any potential lates, I don’t need to worry. It would be great to get batch them to notify you after a X amount of orders drop. It should definitely be customizable as every TM is different and it would please just about everyone.

I haven't had the time to submit a feedback but one thing I dislike is how much smaller the text are in scan mode. Make the item description, price, DPCI, and locations bigger. Not sure why Target likes to make text so tiny on everything. I would appreciate it!

Please work on better pathing for SFS. I'm constantly jumping back n' forth to a dept. I was just in or next to.

Please work on better pathing for SFS. I'm constantly jumping back n' forth to a dept. I was just in or next to.
This x1000

It jumped me between market and A New Day 3 times in one batch yesterday. They are on complete opposite sides of the store for me!

Good thing I had the foresight to skip the stuff while I picked the rest of market.

Give us more about how you wants alerting you change, please! I’m on mobileFellow’s team and have been focusing on alerts and alerting. How can they be better? Less distracting? We’re pushing hard on making it so alerts only go to people who need them, and that’ll get better over the next few weeks.

Give us more about how you wants alerting you change, please! I’m on mobileFellow’s team and have been focusing on alerts and alerting. How can they be better? Less distracting? We’re pushing hard on making it so alerts only go to people who need them, and that’ll get better over the next few weeks.
Drive up and pickup alerts should go to the order in question in Pickup when tapped. Currently doesn’t happen, though this may be an issue in Pickup, since it’s been happening well before we got myday. Ideally also have it say the guests name in the alert. Also have it clear the alert when order is processed.

I never understood why they just didn't work myWork into a custom launcher. The idea would be that the launcher would be able to tell basic information from a scan (or search) and the specific functions would be the separate apps. Since the launcher is always running, integrating phone and walkie talkie into it makes sure you will never miss out on something. Workload could be indicated by notification count. I have a mockup I made a long time ago. Obviously it would be actual app icons instead of squares with pictures, like in my later mockup where I also added the ability to change background and app positions in real time.
unknown.png
KeenSnoopyEastrussiancoursinghounds-size_restricted.gif

Hi! The biggest thing is that last bit: making sure that TMs only get the alerts they need so that they don't turn off either their alerts or their device's sound as that will cause them to miss the alerts they do need. The biggest issue there has been and continues to be drive up notifications. Not everyone in the store needs to hear them. It doesn't matter what the sound is. They distract TMs from their work and irritate guests. Please make them for TMs signed in under Service and Engagement only.

Back