MEGATHREAD myDay app

Hi! The biggest thing is that last bit: making sure that TMs only get the alerts they need so that they don't turn off either their alerts or their device's sound as that will cause them to miss the alerts they do need. The biggest issue there has been and continues to be drive up notifications. Not everyone in the store needs to hear them. It doesn't matter what the sound is. They distract TMs from their work and irritate guests. Please make them for TMs signed in under Service and Engagement only.

This is exactly the plan. You pick the work areas your care about, we get the notification purveyors to send to those work areas. It’s on the nearby horizon, I promise, just lots of moving parts to get myDay rolled and other teams to make little changes.

This is exactly the plan. You pick the work areas your care about, we get the notification purveyors to send to those work areas. It’s on the nearby horizon, I promise, just lots of moving parts to get myDay rolled and other teams to make little changes.
Please please please make the feedback portion not a form but actually something you all can respond to in case addl info is needed

woot. we've been sorting out 'work' functions ...they are coming shortly. and we'll get the notifications sorted out so that you only get what is more relevant (meal and what not).

I'm curious how OPU/FFmt would be better handled when they are rolling in heavy (cause we can make it do whatever is useful-est).

For the workbench content, we'd love to get it inline rather than dumping over to the browser, but the thing its made of doesn't wanna play that way yet.

The feedback thing inside the app is eagerly watched ... if there's a thing you wish it did, be vocal about it, we'll go.

What if it launched today and my store isn’t listed? Also can we get meal alerts for all leaders not just HR?

So I made some time to play around with this today. My impression was that you'd pick your area, and it would show you info from set workload, price change, batches, etc.from your areas. I didn't really see anything in there besides a scanner and some other lite features after checking all the tabs. I also don't think I really got any notifications today while signed in. What am I missing?

So I made some time to play around with this today. My impression was that you'd pick your area, and it would show you info from set workload, price change, batches, etc.from your areas. I didn't really see anything in there besides a scanner and some other lite features after checking all the tabs. I also don't think I really got any notifications today while signed in. What am I missing?
Yeah I kinda got the same impression. Seems like with another month or so it could’ve really been ready— I’m not sure what the rush was. Right now it seems to be myalerts with a fresh coat of paint.

that being said I’m exciting for what it can become.

Can you get the honking sound to not be so high pitched ? Please and thank you. Guests at target mobile (and in general keep complaining about it to us ) that's a daily occurance
When social distancing was still new, a guest asked me if my device was honking because she was too close. :) Still lol now that I'm thinking about it again and it was weeks and weeks ago.

And make item search not suck.
Please, please, please. Can't say how many times I've been frustrated trying to help a guest find an item that they're just sure we have. When the search comes up with 300 matches that aren't really matches at all, it doesn't help much. And then when I try to narrow it down, I get 0 matches. Or maybe I'm just totally clueless on this function, but I seem to manage just fine on my home laptop on non-Target things.

When social distancing was still new, a guest asked me if my device was honking because she was too close. :) Still lol now that I'm thinking about it again and it was weeks and weeks ago.

That thing can get anyone. This morning I was walking behind our VM in the backroom. I wasn't in any particular rush so I was content to just follow behind her. A few drive up notifications came right after another. She completely reflexed and said, "You could just ask me to get out of the way?" I laughed so hard.

Also, today, I learned our VM keeps her device on silent so as to not hear the constant drive up notifications.

Please, please, please. Can't say how many times I've been frustrated trying to help a guest find an item that they're just sure we have. When the search comes up with 300 matches that aren't really matches at all, it doesn't help much. And then when I try to narrow it down, I get 0 matches. Or maybe I'm just totally clueless on this function, but I seem to manage just fine on my home laptop on non-Target things.
I spell Vinyl as Viynl and it cant find anything yet I search for a specific title of a book and it be like 8000000 results.

I spell Vinyl as Viynl and it cant find anything yet I search for a specific title of a book and it be like 8000000 results.
Took me a year and a day to find the sodastream exchange canisters. You’d think “sodastream exchange” would do it, but no.

The set page needs work. Completion count is not accurate. We finished quite a bit of transition workload for next week yet it still say 0 of 16 complete. Some pogs that are tied are not under the completed column. And as horrible as I thought the mywork task is to navigate, I think it is easier to view overall then myday in my opinion. I do like how much better it is to view blueprint, schematic though.

Last edited:
The set page needs work. Completion count is not accurate. We finished quite a bit of transition workload for next week yet it still say 0 of 16 complete. Some pogs that are tied are not under the completed column. And as horrible as I thought the mywork task is to navigate, I think it is easier to view overall then myday in my opinion. I do like how much better it is to view blueprint, schematic though.
I signed into specialty this morning and didn't get a single alert all day long. The only tasks it showed were cleaning, social distancing fixture blocks, and RFID. Nothing for pog, price change or anything else! I wish we still had the ability to choose a block (like whatever letter we have RTW pogs tied to) and see all pogs tied to it like the old online Plano reports. The backwards way My work goes at it is terrible!

I like how as a closing lead tasks don’t mark complete unless I go behind them mark incomplete then complete it myself.

Back