MEGATHREAD myDay app

Can you fix a bug where it will not let you print more than one shelf label at a time on a portal printer? It hasn't been fixed since mywork was created. And myday has the same issue.

20200611_134428.jpg 20200611_134434.jpg

mywork 1.0 let us scan two printers and it would pick appropriate one to print labels on. Helpful for GS, where we have yellow clearance and defective/UPC.

Also please please please. Color/size picker like target app. If I scan a small blue shirt, let me quickly switch to medium red.
That’s clever. Historically we’ve been so DPCI (now TCIN) focused, but guests see it as “item” and don’t know what variations are. We’ll take that one back and check where we can get that data and see what the UXers think. I like the idea.

red card is already in the works. drive up avg time is a good idea, we'll look for a source.
It’s in MPM already under fulfillment>pickup!

That’s clever. Historically we’ve been so DPCI (now TCIN) focused, but guests see it as “item” and don’t know what variations are. We’ll take that one back and check where we can get that data and see what the UXers think. I like the idea.
Yes, please! Target app gets the linked products, as does Mikuhl’s myStore, so it’s possible!

Also, I’d love myhelp option under pricing and promo for missing target circle/coupon. Would work like NOF chatbot. Asks for target circle offer id or coupon barcode, and DPCI, and submits to HQ for linking. Useful if circle or coupon is mistakenly not applying to a DPCI

and Ithink new product request is still not in myhelp

Last edited:
Still no change requests on myApp even though they show up on register screen.

Also I'd really like to have a running log of all the completed tasks rather than 1 of 1 tasks completed and no history of what those tasks were.

Still no change requests on myApp even though they show up on register screen.

Also I'd really like to have a running log of all the completed tasks rather than 1 of 1 tasks completed and no history of what those tasks were.
Huge bonus points if in change request notification in addition to register number you could also put location. Like Reg 84 - Lane 14 or Reg 158 - Starbucks or Reg 122 - Guest Service etc etc

DPCI is 9 numbers and TCIN is only 8 numbers long. Target probably calculates they can cut payroll by hundreds of hours per month at each store if on those rare occasions we key a dpci (tcin) it’s one less number 😂
Actually TCIN is sequential, the lowest TCIN is 78, which is a pair of earrings. Eventually when enough items are added it will go into 9 digits. You could say there would be a doomsday if TCIN's ever reach 12 digits, as they will start interfering with UPC's.

Actually TCIN is sequential, the lowest TCIN is 78, which is a pair of earrings. Eventually when enough items are added it will go into 9 digits. You could say there would be a doomsday if TCIN's ever reach 12 digits, as they will start interfering with UPC's.
But why not just add a digit to DPCI XXX-YXX-XXXX? Would make so much more sense, and existing ones would just add a 0 at pos Y. DPCIs have an organization and gaurentee sequence that TCINs don’t.

But why not just add a digit to DPCI XXX-YXX-XXXX? Would make so much more sense, and existing ones would just add a 0 at pos Y. DPCIs have an organization and gaurentee sequence that TCINs don’t.
You might be thinking that TCIN is this new fangled item number, but It actually looks like the reverse. From what I see TCIN seems to be the "main" item number and DPCI is this weird alias. Makes sense to get rid of it to me. Just wondering why it wasn't supported from the beginning.

Because people are dumb. Department numbers give you a "hint" as to where the item is supposed to be -- 003 Chem, 049 HBO1 (IIRC)

so, all the Method Hand Soap is going to get mixed up (more than it is now) once DPCIs go away.
or Baby Meds - some in Baby, some in OTC

- Signed SFS picker that has to check both places because people suck at reshop

Yeah, how is that going to work with department numbers? I mean, I've been around a while and I do tell newbies how to tell things apart by dept numbers if they don't have a device. Differences between 31/33/206 in NIT, 39 vs 41 in boys/men's performance etc.

Back