MEGATHREAD myDay app

It's how we sort transition that comes in, or product that doesn't have a floor location/custom block. Same with softlines breakout. If it weren't for department numbers, I wouldn't be able to tell which article of AIM clothing is for men or women without having to scan everything.

This feels like another example of Target putting the cart before the horse. Lots of reporting divides product by group/division/department/class. How will that sort of division work with TCINs?

Last edited:
I'm fairly sure items will still have department and group identifiers. It's just that the primary identifier will be the TCIN as opposed to the DPCI.

Also, DPCIs help identify sizes in Style. For example, I've had guests bring up an item with no tag, and also bring up one in the same style and color but in a different size that did have a tag. I'm able to properly ring up the tagless one manually by adding or subtracting a digit or two from the tagged one. And, no, not all items have the inside tag with the DPCI.

Also, DPCIs help identify sizes in Style. For example, I've had guests bring up an item with no tag, and also bring up one in the same style and color but in a different size that did have a tag. I'm able to properly ring up the tagless one manually by adding or subtracting a digit or two from the tagged one. And, no, not all items have the inside tag with the DPCI.
This!!

TCIN's do the same thing, they are sequential. If we were able to use TCIN's currently if you go up or down from most Apple products you'll eventually get to the unused placeholders.

DPCIs are more human readable and better for store TMs, period

Completely true, and I’ve memorized my share of DPCI over the years because they have meaning, but the reality is they’re finite by nature and we’ve already reused many and that causes problems. DPCI was good when we had a dozen stores and a few thousand items, but were just much bigger now.

Given TCIN isn’t as human friendly, and assume Department and Class stick around, how can we make it easier to use TCIN? We will show it on myDay, and you’ll be able to search on them soon. How can we make the transition as least painful as possible?

What will pick labels look like? For inbound?

And @TargetSigningHo has a good point. I use the Item Number from the DPCI on the label strip (and/or on the Pick Label) to confirm correct product placement when I am pushing or picking.

Schematics don't always match just after a reset. Or if someone cheated and tied a POG or REV but didn't actually do the work.

Also helps with Pricing when you have a bunch of similar items -- looking at you cell phone cases or Barbies

Last edited:
It impacts the most on returns, I think. @Amanda Cantwell . I think the sales floor will be ok with proper training & communication to all. Softlines, I am not certain. @happygoth or @jenna
@mobileFellow & @HQWireless
Yes. TCIN can’t be used for returns (except t+).
That’s a huge issue.
Completely true, and I’ve memorized my share of DPCI over the years because they have meaning, but the reality is they’re finite by nature and we’ve already reused many and that causes problems. DPCI was good when we had a dozen stores and a few thousand items, but were just much bigger now.

Given TCIN isn’t as human friendly, and assume Department and Class stick around, how can we make it easier to use TCIN? We will show it on myDay, and you’ll be able to search on them soon. How can we make the transition as least painful as possible?
I just don’t understand why not add numbers to DPCI. But that’s not happening. Add dashes to TCIN to make it more readable. Make them organized. Allow them to be used on POS. Print them on item tags.

I noticed tonight while trying to tie the new giftcard pogs I can only tie them to one location at the checklanes, not multiple. I believe this was an issue when MyWork rolled out as well, but just wanted to throw it out there in case a fix is not in the works.

Hey I'm not sure if this has been covered , but can you make the meal notifications pop up with a name in the title. I really loved that feature when I'm super busy and forgot to take my meal and the notification tells me to leave right now.

when myhelp is absorbed, add a way for me to add comments and close the case at any time. Right now comments can only be added when "additional action is needed" and the case can't be closed manually, only when CSC gives the option to.

Back