MEGATHREAD myDay app

I never understood why it takes so much time
I was thinking this too. A single person. did UNPAID work. and did a lot better than any of the target devs.

EDIT: I just realized. THEY ALREADY CODED THIS!. Its a thing on the MCO. JUST IMPLEMENT IT INTO MYDAY.

Speaking of the target devs, there is this new bug where pulling 141 doesn't hide the little menu on the bottom (the home, comms, tools, scan) so when you scan something and the keyboard comes up it brings it like right under the done button so it swaps menus. Very annoying lol.

The devs likely aren't at fault for not implementing features that users want. They likely have little control and its all up to out of touch managers and product owners who don't actually consult the users. Target is a huge corporation so any product change has to go through multiple layers of hierarchy and they are beholden to shareholders anyways and only focus on squeezing any ounce of profit out of the system and employee facing systems are not a huge priority in that sense. Like why is the myday search absolute ass but the target app has actual suggestions built into it? Hell, Nebraska furniture mart still uses a command line for their ordering system yet the Dallas Stonebriar location had a billion dollars in sales last year, it doesn't make money sense to change somethings from a C-suite and VP level when they still make money how it is right now and won't increase revenue despite being a huge quality of life improvement for its employees. I'm not trying to sound like a corporate apologist, but since I've left Target and become a dev myself, there's stuff I completely disagree with and things that would make more sense to improve but I'm just a code monkey and someone else higher up makes that final decision, however stupid it may be. One dude making and updating an app in his free time where he directly benefits from it is different than Target who only cares how it makes them more money and then has to do integration testing with the rest of their old ass systems and it still comes out buggy since management has deadlines

I can tell you one thing, even if they implement it you’re not getting any credit. I know from experience. You need to move past that, or you’re not getting the feature. Like the previous poster said you have to decide what’s important to you, credit or the feature

there is a myday email I believe but again all work related activities must be done on the clock
Gotcha then in that case I’ll just keep it to myself I can get the job done at my store with excel skills that I have, and green fields data . Which is how I do it now. And if they want to know how we get things done and are so efficient they can ask. Thanks guys

search absolute ass but the target app has actual suggestions built into it?
I think I know the answer to this. Its because it also searches for things guests aren't meant to see. like shippers, digital items, planograms, etc. I think it'd be a good idea to throw in a Target.com search button tho! Wouldn't be too difficult to implement either.

But I agree you're totally correct here.

They at least need to add filters like they have on the target app, in store only/online and show items that are carried at the store at the top of the results and not have to scroll through 300 salvage items to find something that we actually carry. Also they need to add suggestive search so you don't have to spell it 100% correct to find it

I'd love to be able to scan an inner carton or ssp?It would be easier to locate these vs having to unbox them. The pulls don't ask for the full master case either.

Attachments

• PXL_20220729_051105893.jpg
    PXL_20220729_051105893.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 15
How come when I mark down a discontinued item, the ticket says 'Repackaged? I thought it should be 'As Is'.
It needs to say something generic across the board. Like, this item only. I've "repackaged" vibrators before because we didn't sell that style anymore and they are one of the few restricted items from going salvage. They sold quick, I ripped off the part that said repackaged because that would just be gross.

It needs to say something generic across the board. Like, this item only. I've "repackaged" vibrators before because we didn't sell that style anymore and they are one of the few restricted items from going salvage. They sold quick, I ripped off the part that said repackaged because that would just be gross.
Um, yeah, that would be gross!
I'm going to use your trick about removing the "repackaged" part of the sticker. My DBO area is OTC and personal care - not items anyone would want to buy if they really are repackaged. A box of maxi pads that gets sort of smooshed still has perfectly good product in it, even if it looks a mess, but "repackaged" seems a little "ew." And some items aren't damaged at all - got a vaporizer in the other day that we no longer carry.

There's a few that print out "Online Only" except it should be "Online Item" because you would be surprised how many people ask if they are allowed to buy it. 🤣
"Repackage" still makes sense for items that guests have ripped open. *cough*heyday*cough*

What does "As-Is" even mean anyways, in terms of the price stickers? I've never had one print out from single-item markdown I've created at the Service Desk. Only ever seen it back when I used to Cashier.

Me waiting for variation selectors so I don't have to type "ipad 64 10.2 space gray"
I LOVED myStore because of that. I actually booted up my old iPhone 7 Plus and to my surprise myStore was still on it! The search doesn't work but the search suggestions do.

I hate to admit it but aside from the random sluggishness, myDay has been pretty reliable recently. The only issue I randomly get is a VERY delayed scan. I scan something, nothing happens for like 5 seconds, then it loads, then it doesn't happen again lol.

There is this mildly annoying bug with myDay pulls. When you're in a pull it doesn't hide the bottom bar (home, comms, menu, help, scan) which isn't the most annoying thing. Except when the keyboard automatically pops up when pulling moving the bottom bar above the keyboard, therefore taking most of the space the done button takes. very annoying lol. This has been a bug for like a month already.

There is this mildly annoying bug with myDay pulls. When you're in a pull it doesn't hide the bottom bar (home, comms, menu, help, scan) which isn't the most annoying thing. Except when the keyboard automatically pops up when pulling moving the bottom bar above the keyboard, therefore taking most of the space the done button takes. very annoying lol. This has been a bug for like a month already.
This is very annoying because I constantly hit the scan button from the bottom bar popping up instead of the red button to acknowledge the item I pulled which makes it switch over to the scan screen. Also, the keyboard doesn't always pop up, only sometimes which makes my muscle memory very confused!

The receiving app is aggravating. I had so much trouble with Dr Pepper delivery. It's hard for me to explao. I had to go back through each item several times. You think you correct the mistake but it doesn't update or it seems to change something else and have to go back through again.

The receiving app is aggravating. I had so much trouble with Dr Pepper delivery. It's hard for me to explao. I had to go back through each item several times. You think you correct the mistake but it doesn't update or it seems to change something else and have to go back through again.
I've been having issues like this and it is hard to explain. I'm dreading having to show people how to receive now. If you scan an item for a second time to add more or edit the total, it will carry that number over to the next item you scan. Then if you try to enter the correct quantity for that second item it will give you an error. It also isn't registering items being scanned or takes a long time to respond.

It was doing this before, but it was definitely gotten worse since they turned the audits back on.

I've been having issues like this and it is hard to explain. I'm dreading having to show people how to receive now. If you scan an item for a second time to add more or edit the total, it will carry that number over to the next item you scan. Then if you try to enter the correct quantity for that second item it will give you an error. It also isn't registering items being scanned or takes a long time to respond.

It was doing this before, but it was definitely gotten worse since they turned the audits back on.
You did a great job explaining the issues I had with Dr Pepper and Coke today. Cursed the Receiving Audit.

They NEED to get rid of capacities and "on floor" counts so bad. I had the luxury of backstocking a cart for toys today and EVERY. SINGLE. THING. I backstocked would have been immediately added to the pulls because no one bothers to fix the capacities and floor counts. Its so counter productive. If you backstock something IT SHOULD STAY BACKSTOCKED until it is purchased from the floor. There's literally no need for floor counts and capacities if you generate the pulls from purchases.

Back