myDevice TC58

I hope my store gets these soon! The myDevices at my store have like three hour battery life

They suck , we’ve been having them for a while now . They keep crashing , the scanner stops working . The calls gets dropped . Yeah it’s bigger and all but not better . Maybe when they fix everything

I’ve only ever had myDay bugs, which I hate to say isn’t surprising but haven’t had issues with anything else in the week or so using them. myDay is really the only app that’s a dumpster fire. Usually it shows me the work center selection screen randomly and that’s annoying.

They work really good but there's this one weird issue where myDay just randomly breaks and shows this blank screen you have to close out of.
This happens to me all the time. Whenever I unlock the device and try to scan something, I get the work area selection screen with an error. That happens twice before it pops up a third time, this time with no error, forcing me to select a work area again.

The new devices are so much better than the old ones and that's the only issue they seem to have, but it's been happening consistently since we got them last year.

I’m indifferent to them right now. The pickup app is a little glitchy especially trying to manually take out of hold and I’ve had issues with the phone app either not letting me transfer, screen going black, or dropping the call in the middle. The old devices have their quirks and problems too though, so it is what it is.

My store got like 40 of them about a week ago. We’re gonna be getting even more soon too. I used one on Fri and Sat, and they’re amazing! I’ve had like almost no issues. The only issue I’ve had is with myDay. When I turn on the Zebra after it was already on myDay, it sometimes gets a service error screen, something about connection issues. But that only lasts for one or two seconds. Otherwise, I’ve had no issues at all. No scanner issues like others have had.

I’ve only used myDay, Pickup, MPM, and Price Match on it so far. So idk how it functions during a Flex Pick yet.

In addition, I’ve only heard positive things from from those who’ve used them at my store about them.

I have been using TC58's for about half a year now. Overall, I would say that the improved speed and slightly better reliability is a plus. The scanner is capable of scanning from further away, but at typical distances, I feel that it is almost less accurate despite the green dot making it appear more precise. After extensive use, I am able to routinely "accidentally" get the dot to scan an item that is physically 2-3 inches up or down from where the light actually hits. So in that sense, it is quite imprecise.

Big screen is nice but feels a little too big to hold.
I have kind of small hands and need the handle. The last one was too big to hold without problems (fulfillment doesn't ever really put them down until break/lunch) It has recently become available for stores to purchase and at least 4 of us consistently have used them, but apparently the cost is too prohibitive for our store to get them.

TIL these charge with standard USB-C cables... thought it was always a proprietary dock
There is a dock for it, just like the old ones. The old myDevices were actually USB-C as well, the bottom of the device was actually an adapter to the gold contact pins. I am surprised they did not do the same thing with these new ones, considering that USB-C is slightly fragile.

I have kind of small hands and need the handle. The last one was too big to hold without problems (fulfillment doesn't ever really put them down until break/lunch) It has recently become available for stores to purchase and at least 4 of us consistently have used them, but apparently the cost is too prohibitive for our store to get them.
We were able to get the handles for the t58 with no issues. Feels like a PDA.

Last edited:
There is a dock for it, just like the old ones. The old myDevices were actually USB-C as well, the bottom of the device was actually an adapter to the gold contact pins. I am surprised they did not do the same thing with these new ones, considering that USB-C is slightly fragile.
they don’t charge via USB C tbf. in reality that port is never gonna be used

If it's the zebra model most of us at my store currently use, I wish they were a little narrower for my smallish hands. My hand gets crampy enough while pushing my truck that I use my other hand when I'm back stocking. And I keep getting kicked out of the screen I'm using, probably also because of small hands.
But I do appreciate that battery life is usually longer. Maybe it is just because they're new, but I'll take it anyway.
Now if only we could get new hip printers. Those things have been getting more and more glitchy.

Back