Archived MyPerformance

Status
Not open for further replies.

redcardroy

ETL-AP
We're experiencing a slump in our ytd comp in domestics/housewares, decorative home, and entertainment. Any tips on how to improve these categories?

We're experiencing a slump in our ytd comp in domestics/housewares, decorative home, and entertainment. Any tips on how to improve these categories?

I would recommend a few things: 1st- make sure you are in-stock on things ! A big-ticket item in Home can become an "out" after one Guest purchases what they need, since there's only one on the shelf. So.... fill, fill, fill (or flex). 2nd ..... take advantage of your Trend Runs. Those runs are designed as an impulse buy. No guest comes in specifically looking for a black and white speckled vase; but in the right environment..... that speckled vase looks amazing with those black and white tribal pillows and that black rattan lantern !!! Keep the Trend Runs full.... and make sure, with the help of your VMTL, that the "look" is inspiring ! Make sure the right pieces (not cutting boards and baskets) are flexed-in so the Trend keeps it's integrity. 3rd...... make the best use of your endcaps in Domestics/Dec Home. Create smaller versions of the Trend Runs. Create your own salesplanner if you have the right merchandise to create a theme/Trend. Look at your sight-lines...... it's like a pot-o-gold at the end of the rainbow ! If a Guest is walking down one of your 40ft aisles..... give them something good to look at once they get there !!! Is an endcap of doormats "inspiring" after a 40ft journey? NO !!! HELL NO !!!! Show your Guest a "collection" of Home items that they can't live without. Don't get too "cutesy" and over-display the items. Create an intentional theme that will generate multiple sales. We call that "Thoughtful Merchandising". Good Luck, redcardroy !!!!

Dont wait for instocks to do their research. If you walk past an empty spot always scan to make sure product is not in the back. PTM-Do you have someone moving clearance to either one section or to a endcap then filling in the holes. If people see a whole ft section of clearance they will be more likely to buy. Your non POG end caps are they items that people will actually buy? Go with the sales ad or extra product in the back that you know will sell especially if its the same price point. Super zone! Just cleaning up the aisles makes people buy more. Furniture focals-Is it update and full? Most recent styles and product. Don't use them for clearance. The product wont sell. Making sure all the price check box work and have a TM making sure they are actually in the area for GS on busy days. If your HL TM has a bunch of pulls don't wait for them to work them. Make others to grab them. Quicker on the floor more sales.

As for entertainment- Are you flexing out DCode DVDs or books. Have a TM specifically work pulls in this area not your electronic TM. They can help but it wont get worked as fast.

Dont wait for instocks to do their research. If you walk past an empty spot always scan to make sure product is not in the back. PTM-Do you have someone moving clearance to either one section or to a endcap then filling in the holes. If people see a whole ft section of clearance they will be more likely to buy. Your non POG end caps are they items that people will actually buy? Go with the sales ad or not extra product in the back that you know will sell especially if its the same price point. Super zone! Just cleaning up the aisles makes people buy more. Furniture focals-Is it update and full? Most recent styles and product. Don't use them for clearance. The product wont sell. Making sure all the price check box work and have a TM making sure they are actually in the area for GS on busy days. If your HL TM has a bunch of pulls don't wait for them to work them. Make others to grab them. Quicker on the floor more sales.

As for entertainment- Are you flexing out DCode DVDs or books. Have a TM specifically work pulls in this area not your electronic TM. They can help but it wont get worked as fast.
Flexing d coded books and movies will make it harder to do MIRs and the return scan. I keep my sales up by making sure the value movies on the checklanes and on the endcap by market are always in stock if I have the product. My team members love stocking in just the one location in entertainment instead of venturing out and filling all locations. I also research everything that is out and make sure sfq is updated so product in stock will replenish from the backroom.

I'm still getting into my role so I don't know a lot of the terms on here. I will definitely come back to this thread in a few weeks and make good on all the advice on here.

Flexing d coded books and movies will make it harder to do MIRs and the return scan. I keep my sales up by making sure the value movies on the checklanes and on the endcap by market are always in stock if I have the product. My team members love stocking in just the one location in entertainment instead of venturing out and filling all locations. I also research everything that is out and make sure sfq is updated so product in stock will replenish from the backroom.

This is key. Try to limit flexing as much as possible on your value endcaps. They sell faster if you have the correct titles there, but you will need to restock frequently. Unfortunately though Entertainment is a decaying category. Brick and mortar comps are going to be down. My personal goal is just to comp flat.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back